Chips' Fun House Forum Index

View next topic
View previous topic
Page 2 of 4
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Chips' Fun House Forum Index  ~  General Server Notices  ~  This is a Pub...
Mr. Happy
PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 7:19 am  Reply with quote
Forum Sniper
Forum Sniper

It is written in the good book that one day, "he whose name is attached to all others" rained the fireworks password down on his humble minion - and life was good.

Then there was much launching.

But I can't even remember the last time I used it. I have a key mapped to it and everything. You'd have to be really stoned to find the third or fourth fireworks launch still interesting . . .

I assume messing with NME respawn is still off-limits here, correct?
Chips
PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 10:11 am  Reply with quote
Grand High Exalted Mystic Ruler

AngryOldMan wrote:
You'd have to be really stoned to find the third or fourth fireworks launch still interesting . . .

Yeah...one or two launches to celebrate at the end of a map is what I usually go for. Laughing

Since when has spawn camping been off-limits Question
That's not one of our rules...good luck to you sir. Razz

The only good game, is a fair game...
Why do we park on driveways and drive on parkways! George Carlin - 1937-2008

-[CfH]-Server Admin
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
-SoldierBoy-
PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 10:37 am  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

AngryOldMan wrote:
You'd have to be really stoned to find the third or fourth fireworks launch still interesting . . .

Which is why so many are launched.

Mr. Happy
PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 12:01 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Sniper
Forum Sniper

Chips wrote:
AngryOldMan wrote:

Yeah...one or two launches to celebrate at the end of a map is what I usually go for. Laughing

Since when has spawn camping been off-limits Question
That's not one of our rules...good luck to you sir. Razz

Dropping three spy pills at the respawn exit in 2fort is OK? And team shooting?
Lizzeh`
PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 1:15 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Soldier
Forum Soldier

I don't mind pub play but I'm a bred clanswoman. I still keep myself to league rules even in pubs(except for the occasional shot at the flag carrier Wink). I will leave you alone if you are between forts but I go by "If you shoot me I will shoot back". It's a pub and it's suppose to be that way.
/random postwhore post.

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 2:54 pm  Reply with quote
Forum HW
Forum HW

good topic chips, i usually try to tend to not telling people how to play, specially since 90% of the time on ID maps i just mess around, but it is a good reminder.

however, there is one map which i STRONGLY disagree with the no-respawn spam rule. freefall4, the enemy has free access to where people respawn, and its in an area of like 10 feet. you are actually able to get grenades in the enemy respawn.. so because of this, its very common (or used to be very common) that 1-2 people, usually one is an hw, just come in and start spamming nades like crazy in the enemy respawn. this is the ONLY map i do not allow respawn spamming, cuz with that many MIRVS going around, people die the instant they respawn... then in that way people hate the map even more. throwing one nade or 2 over from the flag area/entrance area is ok, but not sitting there spamming nades at people respawning. i have in the past told people not to respawn spam there and i would use admin to stop people... but if chips or someone has a real problem with it, then i will allow it...... Neutral

-[CfH]-Server Admin
Waddling duK
PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 4:21 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Sniper
Forum Sniper

i 4 1 dont care 4 spawm camping...but wha i hate is when u shooting ppl then they run into spawn and u follow in after, then they get angry and complain

i 4 1 wouldnt care about spawn camping though, if ppl wanna do it i say ok cause nothing says they shouldnt and i jus wait as dead until they stop, jus my 2 sence by who am i Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy ...but if i do it and they say stop i would usualy stop Very Happy

Last edited by Waddling duK on Wed May 25, 2005 4:44 pm; edited 2 times in total
Chips
PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 4:34 pm  Reply with quote

AngryOldMan wrote:
Dropping three spy pills at the respawn exit in 2fort is OK? And team shooting?

Okay...let's back up a moment.
Spawn camping is most certainly bad form...but not disallowed. Too many newcomers do it to police it constantly. However, if someone spams my teams respawn door...you can be guaranteed I will make your team choke on the numerous gas pills I'll leave outside of your teams spawn. A truce and an end to such behavior usually isn't far behind.

ERG and I had this discussion in another thread when I mentioned the difference between what's "allowed" and what's "expected" of us when we play together as friends. What's allowed is dictated by our rules...what's expected is dictated by our respect for each other. There are no guidelines for the latter. The occasional pipe blast as you leave your spawn can be funny...30 minutes of this gets old. So does 30 minutes of being infected by medics who have no intention otherwise...there is a flag to be captured ya know. Razz

Team shooting is against our rules...many have been banned for doing this. Mess with the other team any way you wish...leave your own team alone. Twisted Evil

Lizzeh` wrote:
I will leave you alone if you are between forts but I go by "If you shoot me I will shoot back".

Uh...prepare to shoot back often Lizzeh... Razz

Kyubi...what you're talking about is ENTERING respawn. Spawn camping and entering another teams spawn are two different things. I do agree this should not be done on any map at any time...perhaps we've found a new rule. Question
The one place on a map you should be safe is INSIDE your own respawn...when you step outside, that's another matter. Razz

The only good game, is a fair game...
Why do we park on driveways and drive on parkways! George Carlin - 1937-2008

-[CfH]-Server Admin
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Monster Man
PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 5:53 pm  Reply with quote
Forum HW
Forum HW

Lizz, you liar. You keep owning me when ever im on the bridge.

Those bots will never be on the server nor care about the server's running.
// sometimes it aint fair
PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 7:35 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Scout
Forum Scout

Lizzeh` wrote:
I don't mind pub play but I'm a bred clanswoman. I still keep myself to league rules even in pubs(except for the occasional shot at the flag carrier Wink). I will leave you alone if you are between forts but I go by "If you shoot me I will shoot back". It's a pub and it's suppose to be that way.
/random postwhore post.
Except it doesn't help/apply to the bots who dm you in the yard and own you with their perfect shotty aim, they have no standards and they'll hit you every time. after reaching the enemy base with 30 hp left you often get killed by one rocket (and usually a bot at that)
Lizzeh`
PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 3:14 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Soldier
Forum Soldier

// sometimes it aint fair wrote:
Lizzeh` wrote:
/random postwhore post.
Except it doesn't help/apply to the bots who dm you in the yard and own you with their perfect shotty aim, they have no standards and they'll hit you every time. after reaching the enemy base with 30 hp left you often get killed by one rocket (and usually a bot at that)

**** the bots Very Happy

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 3:15 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Soldier
Forum Soldier

Monster Man wrote:
Lizz, you liar. You keep owning me when ever im on the bridge.

And you own me whenever I jump off my bridge. Razz

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 7:13 pm  Reply with quote
Forum HW
Forum HW

Heh heh, i try not to. If i shoot you it's on accident. I never like to shoot offense humans. Only bots.

Those bots will never be on the server nor care about the server's running.
Torturedevice
PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 2:28 am  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

Look, the no rules thing is fine, but when someone is being a dick, they're being a dick and that is that. F the what the rules say, because if someone is just attacking only one person and nothing else, a kick should be ensued. I'm way for more of what is expected. People who play tfc now are no noobs. The people who play tfc are a dying breed and basically know what is right and wrong. So don't sit here and tell me that some people don't know what is expected, because they know perfectly well what things they do are retarded.
"Hey I'm an engy so I'm going to load up on emps and go on the offensive and just spam for 30 minutes."
People know what they are doing, they aren't just doing it because they don't know the game. Spamming emps isn't a type of play, its just carpet-bombing.
Why should we let people continue to play at our server who don't do anything at all. Today there was a guy who, all day, spammed sounds, asked who was and who wasn't admin, and asked about every mod. This guy was in and out of the server for hours, NEVER really playing at all. I insisted on this moron to be kicked, but no dice? Why can't morons like this be dealt with, with common sense. Some idiot talking mindlessly, and constantly killing himself is not someone worthy of even clicking a mouse.
Transient
PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 8:19 am  Reply with quote
Forum Medic
Forum Medic

I hear ya TD. I did kick someone yesterday for sound abuse! I think it was [Yar]Pirate. I warned him politely to stop at least 5 times.

I also agree with ya TD, you can tell those people who are expeirenced players that do all things llama and DO know better. That just reminded me of ewl. That was an old time website called encounters with llamas.