Chips' Fun House Forum Index

View next topic
View previous topic
Page 1 of 1
Chips' Fun House Forum Index  ~  Questions, Suggestions and Recommendations  ~  Minors in the House?
ApexPredator
PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 2:28 am  Reply with quote
Forum Soldier
Forum Soldier

OK heres this....FastEddy gets unglued...says watch your mouth my 8 year old is watching me play this! OK nice...I said quote unquote "KICKING THEIR ASSES"...he complains..."watch ur mouth, my kid is watching!"....OK to make a point I say "u run the risk u let a minor or less than PG13 watch or play the game." I type in for sounds "dick" and "cheater" just for effect and to seal my point....well Chippers....u know what those typed words audibly say. So I say then to him afterwards "complain to admin bro" Its like telling ur kid to watch both ways when cross the street. Cant hold their hand all the time. You bring them to a server or let them observe a server that hosts this type of language and stuff...its a matter of parent vs child rearing. So he says "OK" then bails.....people we are all adults here or if not you know how the sound bites work at Chips...if you bring ur kids online or whatever....thats ur issue...lead them to water...can u make them drink?....I have a 16 and 17 year old....I am sure they cuss their heads off...but they have respect enuf not to do it around me. Wake up and smell the coffee folks....this isnt a day care or Yugio....sorry Eddy...think when u were a kid...what u heard and seen....well my $0.02

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 9:45 am  Reply with quote
Teh Fuzzy Cuteness
Teh Fuzzy Cuteness

So Apex.... First and foremost I would like to remind you that it is a SERVER RULE to not use obsenities like that. This is the rule put in place by Chips himself. Do you have to agree with it? Absolutley not... but you are expected to comply with it. Entering that server is essentially agreeing to those rules. Yes the wavs are on there but those are different from someone using the language themselves. Let me explain.. i dont know of anyone who takes the sound files seriously. they're there for fun. they're funny. if someone starts being all "shut the **** up you son of a *****" its taken more seriously and the hostility builds. see my point? it's fun vs hostility, or at least the missunderstanding of hostility. People slip up once in awhile and yes, kids curse more than most truckers i've met these days, but as a parent yourself, apex, shouldnt you also consider the fact that you should be setting a good example for the youngsters?

perhaps the issues bewteen you and eddy is about children but as a whole it goes further than that... and as i said to him.. this seems to be more of a problem between you two and less about the topic at hand anyway.

the swear filter seems to have recently been taken off. we havent really run into any problems... until now. do you really want to be the defender of profanity?

Last edited by Psycho_Chick on Sun May 22, 2005 1:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Torturedevice
PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 12:36 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

Well the thing that he actually typed, the word in question, "asses" has never been filtered out. Ass has never been a filtered word so you have the filter to blame. Yes it's true it's a server rule not to use obsenities, but when a word isn't filtered out by the server's swear filter there's really nothing u can do unless you fix the swear filter. Using one word that isn't filtered, only one time, is hardly anything to get upset over. I too swear too much, not only in text, but over microphone, and I've never heard anyone complain about it, except for the occasional F bombs which I regrettably drop sometimes. The F bombs were the only times I got warnings. I'm sure this goes for others as well.
ApexPredator
PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 1:31 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Soldier
Forum Soldier

Wow Chick....gotta bring up that garbage huh? Sad Thanks for some of the support Torty...coming from you that means alot to me considering the way i treat you sometimes Embarassed Well anyways Chick youre right and I am sorry I caused this chaos...but...well read all this at the other thread as opposed to me doing a double post http://www.chipsfunhouse.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=980

Last edited by ApexPredator on Sun May 22, 2005 1:34 pm; edited 2 times in total

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 1:32 pm  Reply with quote
Teh Fuzzy Cuteness
Teh Fuzzy Cuteness

tbh td.. i havent heard anything from you in awhile other wise i would say something..

isthis an invite to harass you? Laughing

and in reference to apexs last post.. removed.. my bad (early in the morning.. Embarassed ) didnt mean to be a wench Bad Idea
ApexPredator
PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 1:35 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Soldier
Forum Soldier

No Chick you are OK...np! I just edited my prev post read the one that I sent as a reply to Eddy with the url link.

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 1:42 pm  Reply with quote
Teh Fuzzy Cuteness
Teh Fuzzy Cuteness

spiffy doodle.. now we both just need to learn to shut out mouths once in awhile. Laughing jk jk

ok back to our normally scheduled lives..
Chips
PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 3:27 pm  Reply with quote
Grand High Exalted Mystic Ruler
Grand High Exalted Mystic Ruler

The swear filter hasn't been taken off. In fact, reviewing the server logs from last night, it's working fine. Plenty of *****'s to go around. Razz

The word "ass" is not filtered...and won't be. I hardly find it one of the more obscene words in our language and filtering it out would mean filtering any word that contains those letters.

"I p***ed my test"
"Sunday, I went to m***"

The same for a simple fu...

"This place is **n"

This place will cease to be fun if we can't even discern what others are saying. I've taken grief from many here for not allowing more "adult" language and what's seen as a "double standard" regarding some of the sounds.

The filter is there to forbid the most harsh and racist remarks out there, that's it's function. Psycho explained the sounds as I have in the past, they're there for fun...even though some do contain language that's not permitted over voice comm or chat. But they are of a humorous, non-antagonistic nature and are to be enjoyed as such. These sounds allow us to cross the line occasionally in a friendly, controlled, adult fashion...no?

Nuff said here also...

The only good game, is a fair game...
Why do we park on driveways and drive on parkways! George Carlin - 1937-2008

-[CfH]-Server Admin
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger