Chips' Fun House Forum Index

View next topic
View previous topic
Page 1 of 1
Chips' Fun House Forum Index  ~  Questions, Suggestions and Recommendations  ~  Apex
FastEddy
PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 2:17 am  Reply with quote
Forum Medic
Forum Medic

There is a problem that I feel needs to be addressed. Several days in a row now, I've had to specifically ask ApexPredator to watch his mm2 language, as more often than not, I have my son sitting on my lap watching me... I simply ask that this issue be addressed in the most appropriate matter needed. To prove my point, I specifically took screen shots of the conversations... If this proof is needed, please see me thru pm or email. Unfortunately, I'm new here, so I'm not quite sure how this is SUPPOSED to be addressed normally. However, I would appreciate some prompt and serious action. Thank you.

FastEddy

Psycho_Chick
PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 9:29 am  Reply with quote
Teh Fuzzy Cuteness
Teh Fuzzy Cuteness

Well Eddy... I have read both your and Apex's plea. I feel the need to remind you that I have had to say something to YOU about your language via voice com multiple times. Perhaps a bit of the teapot calling the kettle black here? In some ways I do have to agree with Apex... it's a big world out there and some things in your childs life you simply cannot control. However (As I will be reminding Apex...) It is a SERVER RULE to not use obsenities such as this. I noticed the swear filter got taken off with no real problems... til now. TBH this sounds more like an issue between you two and not really about the topic at hand anyways...

We dont have many rules here... if this one is so hard for everyone to handle.. just shut up.wav.
ApexPredator
PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 1:28 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Soldier
Forum Soldier

Eddy...this is black and white issue. First and foremost, I apologize for yanking your chain further than I did. As a parent...yes I realize much like in public that those around you that know or see you have a child with you that they would be expected to refrain from doing or saying things around them that would be considered questionable or intolerable even though its a free country....be like going to Chucky Cheeses and cussing up a storm around all the kids...thats just downright wrong....a matter of respect for your fellow man so to speak. Man-o- e Man-o when you said your kid was watching I guess I should have apologized maturely and let it go.....but I dont apologize for the specific "ass" word that I said and what I was implying with it....ass in itself is a word and has not been filtered and with what Psycho Chick says the sound bytes are there for fun....well we ALL do alot of trash talk at the server whether in fun or aggrivation using sound bytes and all....I have heard it worse audibly and even admins bypassing the swear filter on occasion...yes I have crossed many a line or two and I think the ONLY reason I am tolerated at Chips is the fact that Gill, Chip and I all go way back but I dont want to jeopardize that frivolity! So Eddy again Im sorry brother and did not mean to offend you....you an excellent player and I respect you for that and I am sure you're a good parent too. Good Idea

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 3:12 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Medic
Forum Medic

First, I'd like to thank you, Apex for being an upright man and apologizing.

Second, I'd like to address what Psycho said. -

I know you and I, (Psycho) have had to chat about what I say on voice comms a few times... Those happen sometimes.. People slip... I always apologize, and know when I'm in the wrong. You've seen this. However, I never use obscenities often, nor do I use it on mm2 (text chat). The only time I use it in the server is by accident... I, myself never claimed to be perfect, nor did I claim to have never done anything wrong. Each and every time I've used profanity over voice it was a mistake, and I apologized, and that was that. It's not as if I continually used profanity, and then told people it was their problem if they didnt like it. ( As the situation was with Apex).

As far as I'm concerned, the issue has been dealt with. I consider this a closed matter. However, If anyone has a problem with me; specifically my occasional profane outburst on vox, followed by an apology... Then, please see me individually, or see Chips if you wish to remain anonymous... Should it come to it, I'd rather unbind my voice key than be offending people as some have done to me.

[/rant]

Chips
PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 3:24 pm  Reply with quote
Grand High Exalted Mystic Ruler
Grand High Exalted Mystic Ruler

Glad this could be worked out in an adult nature. Good Idea

Apex is prolly guilty of nothing more than pushing people's buttons...and FE of the occasionaly slip up. Both are good men to admit to such.

Nuff said here. Neutral

The only good game, is a fair game...
Why do we park on driveways and drive on parkways! George Carlin - 1937-2008

-[CfH]-Server Admin
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger