View next topic
View previous topic
Page 1 of 1
Chips' Fun House Forum Index  ~  Our Clubhouse - General Discussion  ~  Ouch
showtime
PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2005 1:22 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Medic
Forum Medic

I just got back from having all 4 of my wisdom teeth hacked out. Crying or Very sad This sucks in a way I can't describe. At least I can stay home and play a little TFC! Very Happy They gave me some good drugs, so I might be a little off for the next few days. So get in your cheap shots now!

"If a man speaks and no woman is there to hear him, is he still wrong?"
// sometimes it aint fair
PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2005 2:28 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Scout
Forum Scout

I get that in about four weeks, fun eh?
Chips
PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2005 3:38 pm  Reply with quote
Grand High Exalted Mystic Ruler

I've only had a tooth pulled once...upper right wisdom tooth two years ago. I was scared to death never having anything like this done before. My experience with dental proceedures other than check ups and cleanings was minimal since I got my very first cavity at 42. Very Happy

Anyway...he tells me if I'm that concerned, perhaps I'd like to try gas. Shocked
He said "you'll know your tooth is being pulled, but you won't care". Laughing

He was right. It was out before I knew it and when he took the tube off my nose...the stuff wore off immediately. I went outside to pay my bill and noticed he charged me for 30 minutes of gas.

I immediately went back inside and asked for my other 20 minutes. Laughing

The only good game, is a fair game...
Why do we park on driveways and drive on parkways! George Carlin - 1937-2008

-[CfH]-Server Admin
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
showtime
PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2005 3:53 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Medic
Forum Medic

// sometimes it aint fair wrote:
I get that in about four weeks, fun eh?

I wouldn't call it fun, but it isn't as bad as I'd feared it might be. The worst part is I don't feel comfortable trying to eat anything, so it's been 22 hours since my last meal. Sad If you knew me, you'd know that food is one of my greatest passions. That makes it twice as bad. (plus, I'm fat. Never get between a fat man and his food!)

showtime
PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2005 3:56 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Medic
Forum Medic

Chips wrote:
I've only had a tooth pulled once...upper right wisdom tooth two years ago. I was scared to death never having anything like this done before. My experience with dental proceedures other than check ups and cleanings was minimal since I got my very first cavity at 42. Very Happy

Anyway...he tells me if I'm that concerned, perhaps I'd like to try gas. Shocked

He was right. It was out before I knew it and when he took the tube off my nose...the stuff wore off immediately. I went outside to pay my bill and noticed he charged me for 30 minutes of gas.

I had mine surgically removed. They gave me an IV and my doctor goes "as soon as we get some tape on here, here comes the happy juice" 30 seconds later I was woozy, 10 seconds after that I was out cold. I kinda wish I was out cold now lol.

Demasu
PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2005 5:07 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

Chips wrote:

42?!?!?!?!?!!??!?!!?!?!?!?!?!? Shocked Confused Shocked Confused Shocked Shocked Shocked

RL the ultimate roleplaying experience
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Waddling duK
PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2005 9:49 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Sniper
Forum Sniper

Demasu wrote:

42?!?!?!?!?!!??!?!!?!?!?!?!?!? Shocked Confused Shocked Confused Shocked Shocked Shocked

silly Dem, he means he probably wont get a Cavity until hes remotly near 42 Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz
Chips
PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 2:14 am  Reply with quote

Well...I'm 46 now. I got my first cavity 4 years ago when I was 42.
That's why I was so horrified when I had to have that molar yanked...ouch.wav. Surprised

The only good game, is a fair game...
Why do we park on driveways and drive on parkways! George Carlin - 1937-2008

-[CfH]-Server Admin
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Audhumla
PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 2:20 am  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

I had 4 teeth yanked when I was like... 11. ONe of them was stuck. Very stuck. LITERALLY, the dentist had her foot on the armrest for leverage.

My teeth have been pretty decent, half-dozen cavities, but I've never needed anything totally major, like a root canal. I did have to have braces though. Those sucked.

(dead)-[CfH]-Server Admin but--- because I could not stop for death, He kindly stopped for me
-SoldierBoy-
PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 11:09 am  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

I had two teeth pulled about 4 years ago. Local novacane which, afterward, forgot I had and tried to drink a slurpy, messy... almost 19 (May 29!) and no cavities yet!

Kyubi
PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 9:10 pm  Reply with quote
Forum HW
Forum HW

ive had 1 or 2 pulled out.... and ive had 2 cavities... but they were all on baby teeth so u cant know now Very Happy my teeth are almost perfect, i dont need braces. however only 2 wisdom teeth have come in ok... 1 is kinda awkward, it came/is coming in with the back part and side of the tooth out first. pretty much its coming in at a weird angle... and my last wisdom tooth is still just pushing at my gums and wont be poking through for a while. i really hope i dont need to get my teeth pulled, it will really suck for me cuz while i have straight teeth.. my roots are HUGE, like 1 1/2 inches long, so it will really suck having them pulled Twisted Evil

-[CfH]-Server Admin
Controlled Chaos
PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2005 10:06 am  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

oh man dentist stories!! Well about 6 monthes ago I had to get one wisdom tooth removed and two root canals all in the span of a two week period. that was great fun I have to say. I think my dentist loves to do work on me beacuse my plan is so good. i think I get about 3,000 a year for the dentist in my plan so he wants to do as much work on my teeth as he can. Shocked

Forever Standing United!!!!

-[CfH]-Server Admin
// sometimes it aint fair
PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2005 10:34 am  Reply with quote
Forum Scout
Forum Scout

i had a cavity once, except i was resistant to the painkillers so they ended up giving me about 7 shots of novacaine before i felt numbed at all, and even then they had to add some every few minutes