Chips' Fun House Forum Index

View next topic
View previous topic
Page 2 of 4
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Chips' Fun House Forum Index  ~  Our Clubhouse - General Discussion  ~  Howling's Rant
Chance!
PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 11:53 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

I will say I DO have to disagree with you on a level Howling. Skill does play a HUGE roll in how a game goes. Put Weetweet on a team and you instantly see his team breathe a sigh of relief and the enemy anxious.
Very skilled players make a HUGE difference in the game.
However your points in teamwork are right. I'd rather have a 10 player team of average/good players than a 10 player team of 2-3 weetweets and the rest noobs.
The sad part is CS was SUPPOSED to be a team game, and its pretty much fight for yourself anymore, when you get past the fact that everyone, their brothers, their grandmothers, and their ex-jailmates former girlfriend's newborn baby have hacks.
Quote:
People who play balanced games like TFC, cant stand it when they lose by someone who out smarts him and buys a better weapon than he does

Pure bull****. Whats the point in having so many weapons that all it takes is like a hit in their finger to make a kill? Thats why TFC is great - it might be unrealistic, but explain to me how some pistols take 30 shots to kill someone and another pistol takes 2, thats just as unrealistic. Its why i stopped playing HL2DM so much, everyone used rockets, GG, and the plasma balls b/c they were pretty much 1 hit kills.
How is it outsmarting ANYONE to buy a better weapon? Play a game 2 minutes and you can realize which weapons are rediculously overpowered, and everyone uses those. Its like the other ones don't exist.
This is why TFC is so much more fun. Every class, every weapon has its purpose. If needed be, i can prove this(though i'd rather not waste my time).
Finally the best part to TFC is the crowd playing it. CS is full of assholes. Granted there are a few in TFC, but i've found less in TFC than the majority of the other games i've played. Why play a game where everyone biatches at each other then entire time over a game where people work together and laugh together? Cool
KnIvEs
PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 12:31 am  Reply with quote
Forum Medic
Forum Medic

I do believe that there is teamwork in CS. I like decoys, you know a guy is watching a field and you run out there and try to dodge as much as possible while your team finds the camper and picks him off.

But there is a loss of teamwork in CS. When there is a guy in there is a guyin the server who can kill the whole enemy team with ease, it is jsut him killing eveyronew and you never get a chance tyo kill any. But i guess that would help in a match. Neutral Wink

Watch out Kindbud!! The bots are convorting on you!!
gilliam
PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 12:53 am  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

FlyMoto wrote:
This is why TFC is so much more fun. Every class, every weapon has its purpose. If needed be, i can prove this(though i'd rather not waste my time).
quoted! thats what i constantly say abut sniperAR Razz

Audhumla
PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 1:08 am  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

Nobody complains about AR being useless. THe only complaint I ever see about an AR is after they get killed by it. Which is funny since snipers have pretty low health and armor, so are rather easy to kill.

(dead)-[CfH]-Server Admin but--- because I could not stop for death, He kindly stopped for me
gilliam
PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 1:50 am  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

i mean those that say sniper AR is for noobs and "i would rather quit tfc than use sniper AR"its lol. especially wheni was doing AR zoom for a while.

The Howling Man
PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 5:38 am  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

FlyMoto wrote:
A misunderstanding

I was actually saying that skill made a huge difference in gameplay. CS and other games offer players ways around developing skill to win. TFC does require personal skill. When everybody is the same, those who are great stand out much more. That was one of my main points. Good Idea

popojejothe1st
PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 8:34 am  Reply with quote
Forum Trolls
Forum Trolls

The Howling Man wrote:
FlyMoto wrote:
A misunderstanding

I was actually saying that skill made a huge difference in gameplay. CS and other games offer players ways around developing skill to win. TFC does require personal skill. When everybody is the same, those who are great stand out much more. That was one of my main points. Good Idea

So when was the last time any of you have played CS??? in 1.5 i agree with you on this one, but in 1.5 u just had to aim in the general direction of the person u were shooting at and u'd kill him/her. Now in 1.6 however you have to actually get ur crosshairs on the person and fire bursts at long range to kill them.
And teamplay is a big part in the game. The terrorists dont go off and evade the ct's to plant a bomb it requires teamwork to get there.
And whoever said that it takes 30 shots to kill someone.... well it takes 1 shot to kill anyone in the game with any weapon aslong as u hit them in the head. twice to kill them if u have the glock and if they have a helmet on.
That explains why its the #1 online game!!!
Audhumla
PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 11:00 am  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

popojejothe1st wrote:

And teamplay is a big part in the game. The terrorists dont go off and evade the ct's to plant a bomb it requires teamwork to get there.

and

popojejothe1st wrote:

teamplay = pussies that cant fight for themselves.

wtf?

(dead)-[CfH]-Server Admin but--- because I could not stop for death, He kindly stopped for me
Chips
PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 11:23 am  Reply with quote
Grand High Exalted Mystic Ruler
Grand High Exalted Mystic Ruler

I've never been a great fan of CS...but it can be fun played with friends. The few times I've joined servers to play on 1.5...cheating was obvious and rampant as was foul language, childish behavior and pron sprays.

I like CS:Source, again played only with friends for the same reasons mentioned above...and especially with no cheat protection whatsoever. I occasionally run a server for those of us in this community.

Why is it the #1 online game? Cause there's a very small learning curve to be honest. You only have to play a week or so to become familiar with which weapons are the most accurate and do the most damage. Then you buy a weapon and "spray and pray". Laughing

I've been playing TFC a little over 2 years now...and I still learn a new skill now and then. So many different classes that can do varying things is what keeps my interest peaked. Even skills I've learned like conc and rocket jumping...I'm no where near as good as the best. The learning curve is never ending. Anyone can buy a AWP, put the crosshairs on your head and pull the trigger. Very few can rocket jump towards the battlements, air strafe through the door and drop a rocket/nade combo on an sg. Now that's skill... Good Idea

Teamwork on a pub in CS is non-existant...everyone is pretty much out for themselves. TfC is similiar in a pub situation also to be honest and fair. I personally don't dislike CS, I dislike the community that spawned around it. I personally can't wait till VAC2 is enabled and tens of thousand are banned for using cheats. Still, from what I've already read...VAC2 has already been beaten by the cheating community. So it won't be an end all. But it's a start.

Both games can be fun when organized and played with friends. That again is why I occasionally run a CS:Source server for us here in this community. TFC undoubtably take a higher degree of skill to play.

The only good game, is a fair game...
Why do we park on driveways and drive on parkways! George Carlin - 1937-2008

-[CfH]-Server Admin
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Chance!
PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 12:23 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

popojejothe1st wrote:
The Howling Man wrote:
FlyMoto wrote:
A misunderstanding

So when was the last time any of you have played CS??? in 1.5 i agree with you on this one, but in 1.5 u just had to aim in the general direction of the person u were shooting at and u'd kill him/her. Now in 1.6 however you have to actually get ur crosshairs on the person and fire bursts at long range to kill them.
And whoever said that it takes 30 shots to kill someone.... well it takes 1 shot to kill anyone in the game with any weapon aslong as u hit them in the head. twice to kill them if u have the glock and if they have a helmet on.
That explains why its the #1 online game!!!

I played CS last about a week ago - i've got friends at school that play it as avidly as you seem to.
Ok, so it takes 1 shot in the head, bit whoop. Hit someone in the gut and that takes quite a few shots. The fact that the classes are so different is what makes TFC great. Instead of playing 1 character with different weapons, TFC has 9 characters with different weapons(granted some are the same), speeds, abilities, and purposes. If headshots are so important to you, be sniper.
The biggest, though i know some people might like this aspect, aspect that gets to me is the fact that its not a constant game to play. When rounds take 10 min b/c there are 2 noobs on opposite sides of the map camping b/c they are too scared to move and the round doesn't end for 3 min gets SO boring to wait - i much prefer agame that has constant game play, but then again i'm not known for my patience.

Chips wrote:
Why is it the #1 online game? Cause there's a very small learning curve to be honest. You only have to play a week or so to become familiar with which weapons are the most accurate and do the most damage. Then you buy a weapon and "spray and pray".

EXACTLY. Most games that are popular don't take all that long to get decently good at.
nope
PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 2:03 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Medic
Forum Medic

KnIvEs wrote:
I do believe that there is teamwork in CS. I like decoys, you know a guy is watching a field and you run out there and try to dodge as much as possible while your team finds the camper and picks him off.

But there is a loss of teamwork in CS. When there is a guy in there is a guyin the server who can kill the whole enemy team with ease, it is jsut him killing eveyronew and you never get a chance tyo kill any. But i guess that would help in a match. Neutral Wink

neg

cs does involve team work and strategy in matches

mostly what my clan likes to do is bait each other(let one die and all the rest go after he dies) but eh:?

1v1?
Snickers
PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 2:21 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Soldier
Forum Soldier

" teamplay = pussies that cant fight for themselves. "

PURE F***ING BS

Let's see have you played tfc?

Teamplay is required in wars too... Tell me did WW2 have 500 people running around like idiots killing each other. NO. Just like can you go into an enemy base and cap it by yourself with alot of d? NO.

You are wrapped up in your own OMG IM SO 1337 I KILLED 500 PEOPLE bull**** that you can't take the fact that teamplay is REQUIRED in most online games. Yes even CS has teamplay when it's not a pub. You probably haven't even played tfc and follow the "cool" people who think its awesome to play cs and kill people with no teamplay.

fear the truth
I know this sounds like a flame but I hate people who talk without any logic.
The Howling Man
PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 3:09 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

That's right Snickers, let it all out. Razz

You basically said what I've been saying but with flamage lol Cool

popojejothe1st
PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 3:26 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Trolls
Forum Trolls

nope wrote:
KnIvEs wrote:

neg

cs does involve team work and strategy in matches

mostly what my clan likes to do is bait each other(let one die and all the rest go after he dies) but eh:?

I agree. Its true that there is no teamplay in pubs that is true. But I match/scrim i only pub on cs source cause i theres more teamwork involved.

And about the teamplay=pussies who cant play for themselves... well i was intemperant last night when i posted it.

Heres how I view the 2 games:
TFC=teamwork
CS pubing=trains somali militia
cs scrimming=trains delata force
when all team is dead in cs=trains people to win medals of honors

theres a difference in a game if your pubing or scriming. If i was lets say to cap a flag in tfc and someone killed me id wouldnt be as nice to the person who was waiting for me to die so in turn he can cap it.
But in a match i wouldnt care.
As for the WW2 part well.. wat are wars?? if they dont run around killing people then they prone killing, crouch killing, walk killing, "camp" killing, etc....
The Howling Man
PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 3:31 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

GG.