Chips' Fun House Forum Index

View next topic
View previous topic
Page 1 of 2
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Chips' Fun House Forum Index  ~  Our Clubhouse - General Discussion  ~  Chips not fun house?
Transient
PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 6:02 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Medic
Forum Medic

Its sad to say but the main server is loosing its luster with the excessive noise spaming and kamakazee. In the last few days it seems like half the people playing aren't even trying to capture or defend a flag. I will still be coming here for some time in the hopes this improves.
Nerve-ana
PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 6:23 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

yea the sound spamming is pretty bad your right about that and the kamikazi well i think there should be like a time limit or like you could only do 4 kamikazis per map or something.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 6:23 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Medic
Forum Medic

Yeah, well, I didn't want you kicking my butt on there anyway, so Razz

j/k Wink

"If a man speaks and no woman is there to hear him, is he still wrong?"
Creamy White Sponge
PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 6:33 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Sniper
Forum Sniper

i bet its the same person always spamming sounds tbh .. not that the server is up Wink (for me anyway).. which one is cfh hide on?

Adam Reece
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Chips
PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 8:15 pm  Reply with quote
Grand High Exalted Mystic Ruler

I'll bet it is the same handfull of people spamming the sounds and trying to kamakazi as often as possible. And as usual, these handful of people ruin it for the hundreds of others that come here to play.

I though most around here had grown up to the point that I could remove the spam filter...pretty much everyone that plays here regularly knows what's expected with use of the sounds. I enabled the spam filter just now, it will take effect next map change. The problem with enabeling it is everything you type counts toward your spam count...not just sounds. Watch the auto-kicks start happening now folks...and get your mics out.

I edited the kamakazi plug-in to allow an attempt every 15 minutes, instead of every 5 minutes. So it's possible to only do this twice per game now instead of 5 or 6 times (dependent on whether your first attempt is immediate at round start). If this still seems too much, I can make it 30...to allow it once per game.

The sounds, radios, chickens, occasional hook and fireworks are what make the "fun house" fun. Without them...it's just another server to play tfc on. There's plenty of those.

I hope my resolution of the situation will allow the sounds and kamakazi to be used...and not abused. I would appreciate you sending me a pm Trans with the names of those you saw doing this. You won't be the rat, the rats are the people that abuse to a point that ir ruins the fun for everyone else.

The only good game, is a fair game...
Why do we park on driveways and drive on parkways! George Carlin - 1937-2008

-[CfH]-Server Admin
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Chance!
PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 9:25 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

Chips wrote:
The problem with enabeling it is everything you type counts toward your spam count...not just sounds. Watch the auto-kicks start happening now folks...and get your mics out.

Ug... i gotta get used to being kicked every 5 min again... last time i think it got to the point i stopped coming to the server for a while. if so... you all can find me on the .id servers quite a bit

-[CfH]-Server Admin
// sometimes it aint fair
PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 9:34 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Scout
Forum Scout

Nice, that kamekazi crap really pisses me off, makes me leave the server for the rest of that map, etc..
nope
PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 9:39 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Medic
Forum Medic

it ruins dustbowl and any adl map, type kamamazi and run out into the open and kill half their defense = cap

1v1?
Ember Red Glow
PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 10:42 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Scout
Forum Scout

Since this post is right next to nopes, *does kamakazi thing* BOOOM! HAA lol, j/k

gilliam
PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 1:11 am  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

someone will find some way to abuse something.
bind k "say kamikaze; w3; w3; kill"
(w3 = several "wait;wait;wait")
no the kamikazes and sound spammers are not the same person. i do few sounds, but allways a fart.wav at the end of a round Razz

and nope, why do you have 2 names on the forum?

Creamy White Sponge
PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 3:21 am  Reply with quote
Forum Sniper
Forum Sniper

TBH, temp ban the people who ARE spamming the sounds, they just ruin the game for everyone else.

Adam Reece
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Chips
PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 4:11 am  Reply with quote

I would do so if I knew who they were. That's why we have a bans & abuse section here gang. Don't feel shy to name someone who's being a real butthead...I'll take it from there. Twisted Evil

The only good game, is a fair game...
Why do we park on driveways and drive on parkways! George Carlin - 1937-2008

-[CfH]-Server Admin
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Creamy White Sponge
PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 4:37 am  Reply with quote
Forum Sniper
Forum Sniper

We all know ownedbyaevenyearold or something like that keeps spamming sounds ..

TBH the best way to report a ban, is record a demo when someone starts trouble, and watch them a bit, not making it obvious your watching, then stop the demo after a while. Be sure to get their ID in the demo, or a screenshot.

Send the demo (and screenshot if there is one), to an admin privately. They can then do what they like on the matter.

Just a suggestion tbh, but it works. It would help if all server admins used IRC, and left it in the background and such, so people can connect to irc and contact admins instantly when someone starts trouble, if you do this still get a demo, since there may not be an admin avaliable on IRC.

Don't tell anyone ingame that an admin is coming though, when you call one on IRC, because they will just stop misbehaving.

Adam Reece
gilliam
PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 4:44 am  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

i think that none llama needs to go Razz

InfernoWarrior
PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 8:08 am  Reply with quote
Forum Soldier
Forum Soldier

Chip`s cant u add somethings back on? get like... a I'm not sure lolz just ass the technology back on. I liked it back then. It was much fun. Bad Idea