Chips' Fun House Forum Index

View next topic
View previous topic
Page 1 of 2
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Chips' Fun House Forum Index  ~  Our Clubhouse - General Discussion  ~  TFC Tidbits:
Transient
PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 1:41 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Medic
Forum Medic

I figured I would start a thread of some information that makes players better. Feel free to add to the information.

Sentry Guns: One well placed grenade and one shot from super shot gun will kill an SG.

Soldier Rockets: Rockets cause splash damage. Aim for wall, cieling or floor near your target. Later on worry about actually hitting them.

Sniper = useless (this should get some of you riled!)

Add more to help out your fellow cfhers.
Fjorn
PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 1:45 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Sniper
Forum Sniper

Transient wrote:
I figured I would start a thread of some information that makes players better. Feel free to add to the information.

Sentry Guns: One well placed grenade and one shot from super shot gun will kill an SG.

Soldier Rockets: Rockets cause splash damage. Aim for wall, cieling or floor near your target. Later on worry about actually hitting them.

Sniper = useless (this should get some of you riled!)

Add more to help out your fellow cfhers.

Clarification: Sniper useless in serious CTF gameplay

Very Happy

-[CfH]-Server Admin
Chance!
PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 2:57 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

Demo: Like rockets, pipes do splash damage, but also bounce off things. Got someone coming in close? - aim your pipes (green ones) at the ground, as straight down as you can go, and then look up real quick so you can det when you need to. Setting detpacks at random, if you have the time, is always smart, never know when someone will happen to come upon it as it blows. (NOTE: ignore the detpack thing in situations where armorstrip/ff is on the server).

Spy: As stupid as it sounds, everyone does this one, running straight at an enemy is the #1 tell-tale sign that you are a spy. If someone is eyeing you strangely, simply walk away. Staying disguised and getting more important kills is more important than trying to stalk 1 person for a fairly pointless kill. Always keep in mind your best asset - FEIGN! Running straight into a base makes it plain obvious who you are, feigning and letting people go by is an easy way to make it further. I, personally, see spy as the best class to take out enemies who are the hardest to get by, therefore your goal shouldn't be backstab everyone who runs by, but go for those who are likely to stop those who are stopping your team.

Sniper: You have to be way too good at sniper for it to EVER be good enough for serious TFC play.

HWGuy: Your slow, get used to it. Remember, using the AC does slow you down, however the supershotgun DOES NOT. If you need to chase someone a bit, pull out the super shotgun. As HWGuy you should know your purpose is either defense or to be a distraction/killer of the enemy. Your goal at no time should be to move/cap the flag, unless your team cannot live to get close enough. Even then, a spy or soldier can normally get through before you'd be effective enough to just run at the flag.

Medic: Use your medkit on ANYONE(same with engi wrench). Spys will run from you if you charge at them with the medkit, or you may just heal your enemies. In what kind of situation would either of these be bad?

Scout: Your not ment to fight. Scout has the nail gun for taking out SG's, shotgun is too weak to effectively kill any class. If you do choose to attack, use your best asset- your speed, and move around faster than they can shoot.

Emps, Concs, and Pyro Rockets: These effects do GO THROUGH WALLS. Places like 2fort, if someone stands in the same position on the second story all the time, throw a conc/emp right where they normally stand. This is an easy way to get a kill/mess around with your enemy before they have a clue your there. Pyro effects aren't as effective in going through walls, but on certain occassions they are very effective this way.

Attack: Don't come from the same way every time. They will come to expect you. Now, you *can* sort of use this to your advantage. Get someone thinking you are always coming from the same place - then give them a good surprise sometime.

Defense: Like the same note above, don't always stand in the same spot, general area yes, same spot no. IF your always in the same spot, they can get to you before you can them.

Spies/Engi/Sniper ect all move fast enough to circle around an SG, BUT keep in mind SG's explode when destroyed.

-[CfH]-Server Admin
Ember Red Glow
PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 4:13 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Scout
Forum Scout

Yea snipers a re kinda in their own world, I love sniping for me it goes way back but ide have to agree with everything said above about them. I just do it at the pubs because although im decnet at it I am not good enough to deal with those guys ate the sniper servers, and all they do is corner jumper shots at random anyways so its kinda lame.

Some times I just feel like high-tech whack-a-mole or being in a virtual shooting gallery and I know many CfHers feel the same.

This one time we asked an enmy team if we could run a sniper [it was legal in sta at that time]and they laughingly said sure, whatever fools.
The sniper I ran was pro and we had a map with a large yard with one entrance/exit and we actually one the first round this way by picking them off at the doorway but they figured out that for the second round they could just have a scout double conc into the sniper with the second conc making the sniper dizzy for enough time to send the medic scout backup to the flag.

The moral here is that no matter how hard you try to swing it there is always a counter action to be made against the sniper.

They kicked our a$$'$ in the second round and said, that was a damn nice try and it almost worked and that it was kinda cool that we at least tried it out because of the type of map it was.

nope
PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 4:25 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Medic
Forum Medic

oh so much that you left out with spies i could cry

knife should be used on every character pretty much maybe not soldiers as much if they notice youbut eh...knife is a tool that i cant explain on here but if anyone would like to know some knife tricks i know a few for taking out people easier...only tech i dont quite kno how to do is a front stab but i can do it...also act liek the enemy, stand as a real soldier would (aka on shutdown 2 ramp looking down) it fools defense

medics- dont dm, run conc thats what you are here for..you have grenades so you knwo one at a soldier it can kill him(if hes half dead) or if they are blocking your way always having either type of grenade ready for obvious spots for sgs and players is good...makes offense faster...make sure you use every grenade every run or try to, otherwise thats a waste since you might die eh?

scouts- there should be about 5-10 seconds(unless your waiting for relay) that you dont have a conc ready...haviing a conc ready all the time is really important ona lot of maps

HW-if you use tracers one of the tracers is correct for conc aim, find out which one Very Happy

sniper- get good at other classes first only paly sniper on hunted

demo-bad demo = whoring green pipes green pipes are used to pipe the flag/ doorways/etc dont dm with them use mirvs and blues

pyro-fast with lots of armor, if you really feel like it it can be an o class

solly-dont be a nade whore you realize that you have to kill more than one medic so dont use 4 nades and 2 nails onn a med- prediciton is what it takes, if the med is far away shotgun him a few times then prediction where he gonig when he gets closer

engy- build your sg in different spots to confuse offense, dont whore emps agaisnt meds and scouts. nades work better since they dont have etal or rockets or anything nades work better

all classes-DONT BAG WHORE always throw your bag when you get it for engy or just around, soldiers can sruvive 2 emps if they arent a bag whore

1v1?
Audhumla
PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 7:32 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

An exception to the OMG SNIPERS SUXX rule is ADL gameplay. A good sniper can shutdown all sorts of O and stop the best of jumps.

(dead)-[CfH]-Server Admin but--- because I could not stop for death, He kindly stopped for me
nope
PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 8:21 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Medic
Forum Medic

more than one sucks on adl though

1v1?
Chance!
PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 9:28 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

Audhumla wrote:
An exception to the OMG SNIPERS SUXX rule is ADL gameplay. A good sniper can shutdown all sorts of O and stop the best of jumps.

Thats a given, but i'll say on ADL the best D class is, without a doubt, demo. I've seen very good demos hold a flag from being captured with minimal help from teamates.

-[CfH]-Server Admin
Audhumla
PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 11:28 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

Untill the demo dies. For the demo to be fully effective, he needs to be within a decent distance of the pipetrap, and would then be vulnerable to enemy fire, more so than a concealed sniper. Not to say demos can't own, but if they can't protect themselves with minimal grenades, blue pipes, and that tiny shotty then their trap probably won't last long. In many cases it'll take a sniper too get rid of a sniper, if the D sniper is playing from a distance.

(dead)-[CfH]-Server Admin but--- because I could not stop for death, He kindly stopped for me
KnIvEs
PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 1:37 am  Reply with quote
Forum Medic
Forum Medic

DEMO: I find the best thing to kill a scout when you are a demo is with the green pipes. The blue need a direct hit to them cause they can outrun the timer on teh blue. Also, when fighting a battle and your almost dead, spam like crazy, and try to create a cirlce around your enemy with blue pipes before you die, thats if you can't hit them. The main part about demos is learning to deal with their odd shooting, practice will help a lot to get aquainted with the controls. Now, HAPPY PIPING!!! Twisted Evil Wink
Audhumla
PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 1:40 am  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

Problem with using your green/yellow pipes to kill a little scout is that your pipetrap will then be gone and the flag will be totally vulnerable. +gren1 works much better.

nope
PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 2:10 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Medic
Forum Medic

you arent a godo demo if you dm with green pipes, for what aud said

pipetrap is needed so use blues

1v1?
Transient
PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 3:45 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Medic
Forum Medic

For Defensive Demo: In clan matches 90% of the time the green pipe is used for the trap. The other 10% of the time you are moving back to position after being killed. Withouth impeding your progress back to your point, a few well placed green pipes can be used to take down an offense on the way to your flag. But as a general rule, you will find the green pipes are used from traps.

Given that, there are some more advanced situational aspects that may warrant the use of green pipes.

For Offensive Demo: Green pipes are used more frequently as setting traps is not your primary function.
sdfjhsdjfhsdk
PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 9:30 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Here's a cool tip:
If you are a medic, don't try to infect other medics. It doesn't work. Stop trying. Seriously. And learn to HH for god sakes.

Fjorn
PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 9:35 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Sniper
Forum Sniper

THE MEDIKIT IS NOT A PRIMARY WEAPON

Nothing wrong with infecting the other team, but if you run out from across the room with your medkit out...

-[CfH]-Server Admin