View previous topic
Page 2 of 3
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Chips' Fun House Forum Index  ~  Our Forum Members  ~  Spider Man's Life
Spider Man
PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 5:39 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Sniper
Forum Sniper

Saw my mom on wednesday, and I made my brother go. She wasn't doing so well but we've called the nursing home twice since, including today to wish her a Happy Mother's Day. The nurses tell us she has done a 180 degree turn around since we saw her: She is on a feeding tube but now they are starting her back on real food and she had lost the ability to talk (just screams and moans) but is no responding very well to speech therapy. I say all she needed was to see her sons again. We plan to visit her once a month or more while I am up here in New Hampshire.

We have nothing but dial-up here (except for Direct TV satelite which has a net service) I tried to post here once before this but the computer I was on had been abused to the point that my brother's boss wants me to restore it completely (reformat/reinstall) AFTER they save all the store's important paperwork. My 'new' step sister gave my brother her old computer yesterday. It was in even worse shape but nothing had to be saved so I did a reformat/reinstall on it and though it is only a 1/3 of the speed of the one down in the store it is now acting like it is twice the speed. So borrowing the dial-up connection and my brother's boss's user/pass I am back on the net.

I have planned to actually move up here, at least until August when the family wants to move to Oaklahoma. I probally might wait till then to get my stuff cuz Kentucky is on the way (only 100 or so miles out of the way) unless my bf (well, I got to call him an "X" now for he won't leave his bar in Kentucky and my destiny is leading me away from him) decides to get me a round trip greyhound ticket.

We (my step sister, brother, and I) want to open up a family business in Oaklahoma city, part resturant, part internet cafe, part video rental, part new age book store. Then whole family is rooting for us.

I really want to get back online and play TFC with you guys soon, but with dial-up I won't be downloading anything that large, and if I do get my computer up here it still needs a larger HD to handle steam. So you all have fun, and keep me a slot open.

More updates to come until I get my STEAMing status back.

The Crimson King
PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 7:13 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

we're all behind you spidey. stay strong, and god bless.
remember to look on the bright side of life every once in a while.
Crying or Very sad my great grandparents both died of cancer, and i never met my Opa because of it, and my mother has not been normal since an operation about 7 years ago, so i feel a bit of your pain.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Spider Man
PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2005 12:49 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Sniper
Forum Sniper

The computer is now restored, except stupid me forgot to check for USB devices and unplug them. Sufice it to say the scanner will NOT work now, and tech support said I have to restore it from scratch again to get it to work, making sure I UNPLUG the USB Devices first. So I'm putting all the drivers on a CD to prevent having to redownload the on this SLOW ASS dial up, and I have to borrow the XP install disk agian (nothing came with this computer when it was given to my brothers boss) when our friend Corey is home (he never is). Other than that this computer is now running like it should.

Other than that I have been given the task of data entry; I'm making tables and databases for inventory, sales, ect. for the store.

In about a week and a half I will be back in Kentucky on a round trip grey hound ticket to get my belongings: my computer and disks, my clothes, and my medical paperwork. I will be looking forward to a couple rounds of TFC with you guys at that time: it will be the last time until I upgrade my computer.

Psycho_Chick
PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2005 12:53 pm  Reply with quote
Teh Fuzzy Cuteness
Teh Fuzzy Cuteness

we'll be waitin.. Cool
(databases are such a bore.. you poor thing.. Laughing )
catch ya then Good Idea
Chips
PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2005 1:04 pm  Reply with quote
Grand High Exalted Mystic Ruler

Best O' Luck to you there Spidey...we're pulling for ya too. Good Idea

Sounds like some interesting times in your near future...should be as exciting as it will be nerve racking. We're here if you need us. Cool

The only good game, is a fair game...
Why do we park on driveways and drive on parkways! George Carlin - 1937-2008

-[CfH]-Server Admin
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Spider Man
PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 2:32 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Sniper
Forum Sniper

Well my brother was forced to choose between family and job, all that work creating database templates for the store and now he quit, so they got the templates for free. I hope they mess the templates up.

The plan for the move is now to go to Oklahoma in August, but my dad is going down there early to get a job with a trucking company and to go house hunting. It will be longer than I expected to get back online playing TFC with you guys, but I'm gonna stick with the family and help out all I can.

Went to see my mom again, little improvment but they are getting her back onto real food now and she is getting more responsive. I hope she makes a descision to stay and improve or to pass on before we move. Having her in limbo like this is hard for all of us.

Will post again soon.

Spider Man
PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 11:03 am  Reply with quote
Forum Sniper
Forum Sniper

My mom is in the hospital with pnumoinia in critical condition. She is not expected to pull through.

I went down the other day to visit her at the nursing home and she wasn't there. The nurse on duty said she could not tell me anything...until I had her look me up on the visitation list. That's when I learned htat she was in the hospital with pnumonia. Other than that the nursing home did not even know her condition.

I gave them my aunt's and uncle's phone number where I and the rest of the family (my step-mom and step-dad, my brother, and my sister and her husband) is staying until we all move to Oklahoma in August. I told them to call me or my brother if they learned anything new.

When I got bac home, the phone rang within 15 minutes, and it was my mom's state-appointed guardian's secretary. He had call the nursing home and apparently was mad that no-one had told my brother or I anything when my mom was put in the hospital. They gave him our number and he called to tell us the rest of the story.

More updates to come soon.

Chips
PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 12:10 pm  Reply with quote

I'm sure I speak for all when I say our collective prayers are with ya. Good Idea

The only good game, is a fair game...
Why do we park on driveways and drive on parkways! George Carlin - 1937-2008

-[CfH]-Server Admin
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Spider Man
PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 5:26 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Sniper
Forum Sniper

I NEED your prayers that my family holds it together... and it has more to do with emotions flying than my bio mom's condition. One thing I praise God for is the fact that her condition took her back to the level of a little kid with all the innocence that kids have, and that when she passes on I know she will go to heaven. as hard as her passing may be, it will make it easier for me to move on and away.

Everyone is worried about this move to OK and tempers are flaring and boy do I wish I could get online TFC and frag you guys and vent. But I need NOT tell you guys the details of this little soap opera.

Demasu
PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 7:53 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

Well when you do get to OK you'll be closer to me. Wink Actually you'll be pretty far :/ My prayers are with you and your family man. Good Idea

RL the ultimate roleplaying experience
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Waddling duK
PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 8:03 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Sniper
Forum Sniper

Demasu wrote:
My prayers are with you and your family man. Good Idea

yea Spider, same

best of wishes 2 u and ur family Wink
Wahoo
PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 8:11 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Soldier
Forum Soldier

good luck with getting everything sorted, I'll pray for you and your family and hope you all pull through Good Idea

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 9:01 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

Additional generic morally supportive comment to you, Spidey!

FastEddy
PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 12:57 am  Reply with quote
Forum Medic
Forum Medic

The Howling Man wrote:
Additional generic morally supportive comment to you, Spidey!

QFE

Spider Man
PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 6:16 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Sniper
Forum Sniper

Thanks guys, I really do consider every -[CfH]- Member a good frind. You people actually care enough to be supportive, any other group/forum would laugh me down.

And thank you Chips for making a forum where we all can vent and support each other.

I need a job, my own computer back, my HL and HL2 (return to castle wolfenstine really sux but it will do for now), and pack of ciggarettes right about now.