Chips' Fun House Forum Index

View next topic
View previous topic
Page 1 of 2
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Chips' Fun House Forum Index  ~  Our Clubhouse - General Discussion  ~  battle practice observations
Ember Red Glow
PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 2:07 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Scout
Forum Scout

Although my current stance is that of a not so silent observer I would like to mention what I saw and felt about the first practice.

1. Direct leadership must be formed reguardless of who this may be.
A leader and 1 or 2 cpts is a must, the reason will be mentioned later. You CAN NOT have 4 guys who think they know whats going on running the crew all over the map in disagreeance. Pic your leaders and have the rest of the team that can handle it DO WHAT THEY SAY. Its a must. EVEN IF THEY ARE WRONG this is the only way to build a matchable team.......you are building a team. It doesnt have to be as perfect as it has to be organized. The details of battle fall in to place well on down the road as the "TEAM' learns their place in the clan and what they have been taught to do during the practs and matches, it comes in time. Trying to perfect this in one month is a fruitless tree of dismay.

2. The leader and the cpts will need these things for this to work at all.

Rcon of practice server

Ability to use ceasefire command readily [locks up players to a frozen status until released]

Ability to slap/kick/bump players that are simply running amuck to wake them up as to your total ententions of the practice.

Ability to not feel fear or resentment upon doing the above.

Ability to sit out and use spec mode to confirm defense players posted locations[that they are staying put. This is why I as a cpt always chose defnse.. Much easyer to cpt from there.

[the mentioned later part]Why do the cpts need this as well? because they dont have time to request a slap/kick/bump or a cease fire everytime things loose focus within the O or D team. This is most important in the begining of the "team" building process. The leader may be unable to attend at times as well and so if the cpts are left with nothing then that is what will happen, nothing.

O Team looks great so far gj!
D Team................be patient and work on the above mentioned technics.

More will get involved soon when they see whats going on.

You dont feel your ready and feel you have a long way to go?
Sorta, if done right you can at least begin loosing soon : ) teehee j/k
Give it some time!

IM sure I left out a million more things but these thngs alone will be plenty to chew on for the next few months until you dont have that "feeling" anymore

Create a chess table of the team and you will be on the way in no time.

As Sponge BoB would say "well, good luck with that!"

Peace

Chance!
PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 2:17 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

/me wants to be there Crying or Very sad

-[CfH]-Server Admin
Chips
PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 2:43 pm  Reply with quote
Grand High Exalted Mystic Ruler
Grand High Exalted Mystic Ruler

FlyMoto wrote:
/me wants to be there Crying or Very sad
As I said in the other thread regarding our league team...you can be there.

Again, as stated in another thread...this was really not a "first practice". That has yet to happen. To judge the defensive performance against players like nope and transient...is unfair. They will not be at our first, closed practice...whenever that may be. Again, not to segregate them from us in any way, but this was intended to be a low level playing group with little or no league experience. It would be good, imo, to invite players of their quality to play with us to gain experience.

If players of that caliber want to explore a higher level team representing us...I'd be open to supporting that also. Let's keep this one for the little guys. Razz

The only good game, is a fair game...
Why do we park on driveways and drive on parkways! George Carlin - 1937-2008

-[CfH]-Server Admin
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Ember Red Glow
PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 4:05 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Scout
Forum Scout

I think that your best players, [our] best players should be involved in the matches as we will need them. We just want to be carefull not to run all our best all the time as that would force us up pretty fast, and the screening rounds at sta or whatever leage you join. You would neeed good offense.

about the practice, your right again there, the best O ran against unorganized defnse and so there was no real outcome to judge from anywho..

This was created for everyone in CfH and those realy cool elite players are smart enough to know that for this purpose they should take turns but yea why the hell wouldnt we want trancs on our offense to keep the playing field level in all matches.

So yea

Ember Red Glow
PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 4:08 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Scout
Forum Scout

But you will see that the things I mentioned will be needed for those in command.

If your leary about this you should just simply consider making some of the current admins that wanna play matches be the team cpts, because given the chance to learn what they need over time their attitudes and admin experiance would make better anyways. So maybe try that out I think there is at least 2 other of your current admins wanting to play, make them the cpts and allow then to learn what they lack in skill, if thats even a case.

nope
PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 4:11 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Medic
Forum Medic

you know your team is good enough for league play when kick/slap/bump/ceasefire isnt needed as if you can get them to listen to you to stop running offense while d sets up, then they will listen to all strats and help

just imo

1v1?
Ember Red Glow
PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 4:29 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Scout
Forum Scout

It helps with the younger players alot. Most of the older ones such as us know what we are trying to do already and would not need any such spankings. I only had to do this a few times during our first year but im glad I had those tools at times. Sometimes some of your best players are 10 to 14 years of age and once focused can be hell on pixils for your team.

I had an 11 year old O medic player that everyone hated because he was always yappin, it didnt bother me at all, i loved his spirit, but because it was becoming a problem we tried some of these things and to our surprise he became an awsome team player for 2 years after.

His name I will prouldy say was Lord Nixon_3x9

He is 14 now and we still talk alot, he has told me that what I did made him gain more respect for me and become focused. These are the types of experiances that I speak all of my game plan from. Tis not right or wrong, it was just done that way.

Audhumla
PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 7:12 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

Also, I would like to point out that those that were there at that time were only a small portion of the people that will be playing for us. Lot's of other people in the clan still haven't had a chance to show their stuff.

(dead)-[CfH]-Server Admin but--- because I could not stop for death, He kindly stopped for me
Transient
PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 12:04 am  Reply with quote
Forum Medic
Forum Medic

CfH is a bunch of talented people. I would rather sit out matches for other people becasue i play for 2 clans already. For the record, I play defense for those clans. I am more then happy to provide help any way I can. There are alot of aspects of being in a competitve league.

Just post when and where and I will do my best to be there and do as I am told!
Audhumla
PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 12:15 am  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

Speaking of which, how did your match today go?

I went on HLTV to watch you for a little bit. Saw you kill a few meds then you killed yourself.

I didn't like that map so I stopped watching Wink

(dead)-[CfH]-Server Admin but--- because I could not stop for death, He kindly stopped for me
nope
PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 10:24 am  Reply with quote
Forum Medic
Forum Medic

HOW CAN YOU NOT LIKE OPPOSE2K1

i couldnt play played in my clans last cs match on sundays which we destroyed them

i <3 oppose its a great map

besides [SO] trans who do you play for

i play for MD in 7v and -nZ in sta 9v (join 9v so i can own you Razz)

also if i end up joining or do something or other, id sit too since i play in 4 leagues in which i basically play whatever class i want lol so it doesnt bother me

1v1?
Transient
PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 1:36 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Medic
Forum Medic

I play 7v7 Steel ugc for SO and 5v5 Plat for T[K] in ugc. Pretty cool that you watched Aud. Hopefully it was the second round when I was playing solly, cause rd one they were all over me in the flag room when I was demo.
Ember Red Glow
PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 2:10 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Scout
Forum Scout

Hey Trans we could realy use you on our offense, although you preffer defnse in higher levels of play, your offense is about perfect for you to be one of AUDs offense players I personaly want to see you and weetweet play with CfH if at all possible. YOU ARE CfH I personaly love playing with you. You challenge every aspect of my own sucky playing, like the other day when i said i felt stupid for walking right into your conc and escape.

If you dont have the time then ok but if you do IM sure everyone here would say BUT HES ONE OF OUR BEST O PLAYERS! so think about it.

Doesnt look like weetweet has time or interest at this time so we would have AUD Transc and nope for O[<nope>if he decided he had time as well]. So far you 3 ARE our best ofense.

We would need at least 1 of you for every match to be mildly stable.

dont look at me either for O I can not do ofense in matches because I spent to many year coaching from the defense team during my 3x9 days.

I will just do the llama & soly thing near the flag

Peace

Ember Red Glow
PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 2:13 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Scout
Forum Scout

nope JOIN even if its just to hang out like you already do!!!!,

so I can call you a "brother fawker" instead of a "mother fawker"!

oops my bad sorry all , lol

Chance!
PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 3:00 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

seems like CfH in general has much better defensive players than offensive... i'll personally work on honing my O skills.

-[CfH]-Server Admin