Chips' Fun House Forum Index

View next topic
View previous topic
Page 4 of 9
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Chips' Fun House Forum Index  ~  Our Clubhouse - General Discussion  ~  Clan -[CfH]- part deux
|2eflex
PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 11:43 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Sniper
Forum Sniper

Waddling duK wrote:
|2eflex wrote:
I wish I could join u guys =( Too bad RbN isnt gonna league

ye ye re....its ok, but yea, wish it was joinging something too Neutral

Now I can!!! Chips invited me =D

Don't worry, when RbN and CfH scrim, Ill still play as RbN ;o

Anyways, I'd probably be best with Solly/Medic/Scout, but if we need an Xtra defense, I'd be able to engy.
Ember Red Glow
PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 12:34 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Scout
Forum Scout

According to "nope" person I am most of everyone else is always mistakin about everything.

And since some are happy that he is "helping out" I will kick it with the rest of the boys at chips pub, and happily I might add, thats where the real sole is at this point.

I bet im going to be told im wrong there as well.

Ill be at the pub good luck have fun

Chance!
PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 1:49 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked
just GREAT! I'm gone for 2 days and i miss the league play completely
Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
I guess i'm only good/decent at demo, solly, engi, spy, scout, and medic anyway...

-[CfH]-Server Admin
Chips
PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 2:24 pm  Reply with quote
Grand High Exalted Mystic Ruler

FlyMoto wrote:
I'm gone for 2 days and i miss the league play completely
You haven't missed anything yet...we're still forming. Aud...update the names plz.

On no you don't ERG. You're not getting out that easy. Wink

You totally mistake what went on on the practice server yesterday as some attempt by non-team members to take control of what's going on. That's not the case at all as this was not a scheduled, closed practice.

You say you enjoy "kickin it with the rest of the boys at chips pub". Well guess what, that's exactly what we were all doing yesterday on the practice server. Sure, the server name said "STA Practice". Sure, it was password protected. But the password was posted in a public forum for all 116 members and the rest of the world to see. I hardly imagined it would be a private practice of any kind. That what we were doing yesterday; kickin it at "Chips' Fun House / Open to anyone that can read / STA Practice Pub. Razz

Now...this will NOT be the case going forward; I assure you. The server will only be put up at Aud's request at a time and date of his choosing and with a password that he establishes and gives out. I ran it in the open, per se, mainly just to test it out and get a look at some of the maps. Again, with the password being public, I never expected it to be team members only. Maybe the fact that it even existed would prompt a few to come by, check it out, and join. Ten members now will quickly turn into 4 as some said "give me plenty of notice" or "if I do this".

This was Aud's idea initially that never seemed to get off the ground. You lit the match that started this blaze and I think it appropriate that you see it through. I think it would be a big let down to the others if that happened. We still have other, technical difficulties to work out; such as:

Server...obviously, we probably won't be able to use my server as our match server unless we can get it approved by STA. In the likelyhood that that won't happen. I need to figure out how to set up our main server for matches...without all the mods and forced downloads.

HLTV...we will not be able to run this off the main server; I simply don't have the required access to do this. We will need someone to do this for us and record it also. I could run it on my home server easily, but playing, recording my own personal demo, running HLTV and recording that would be difficult, if not impossible.

As far as other helping out...I'm always willing to take advice from anyone; if it's good advice. Nope is an experienced, quality player. If he suggestss to me a way to do something better, quicker, smarter...I'm apt to listen as he is way above my skill level. Our practices will be closed to all non-team members. The only advice given will be from the captain/s. I'd be a fool to not take the advice of a superior player when it's open to me...that's all I was trying to say. I think from time to time, it would be a good idea to invite skilled, non-team members to the server to see where we stand and sharpen our skills. If we do this at all, it will be Aud's decision.

I think it time for Aud to take the reigns and set up a practice schedule and declare who, if anyone will be captains with or under him. I will start looking into the technical aspects I discussed above.

Don't walk away from us now...I believe we need ya. Mr. Green

Where's our captain.... Neutral

The only good game, is a fair game...
Why do we park on driveways and drive on parkways! George Carlin - 1937-2008

-[CfH]-Server Admin
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
nope
PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 4:08 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Medic
Forum Medic

i get my friends to help me and my team with strats as they are higher experienced...he shows me his strat and hes not in my clan...wether it works or not its fine

as i said i may not even be able to play so its your loss that your giving up to play with cfh

1v1?
Ember Red Glow
PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 4:19 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Scout
Forum Scout

Thats what I love about you Chips, your a god dmand good leader yourself and always seem to change things around to be better. I admire you for that and would not turn my back on such qaulitys.

nope, to be honest I dont care if you want to play with us at all, I just want you to be a CfH member. Im sure that would not have been an unreasonable request if it had came from Chips himself.

I can set differences asaid for the better of the clan I chose to join.

I know you dont hack tfc, infact i would rather, {SINCE THIS IS A GUILD} you teach some of the players how to perfect their shotty aim. Its a gift and if it can be taught you could certainly be a huge benifit to some of us.

As I said before as long as we dont run all our best each night we would be OK and be able to stay at silver or below. We will find out team skill level soon.

nope
PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 5:23 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Medic
Forum Medic

one day ill try and help out ith basics if anyone cares

shotgun
bhop
concing...whatever needed

i havent perfected any of these but i do know a few tricks (especially spy ones) that may be useful

1v1?
Ember Red Glow
PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 5:27 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Scout
Forum Scout

Should we do some mulching ? or you have some other ideas?|

Audhumla
PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 7:20 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

I would absolutely love/need co-captain(s).

Like all people, I have a life outside TFC, and I completely welcome assistance.

(dead)-[CfH]-Server Admin but--- because I could not stop for death, He kindly stopped for me
sKibbles
PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 8:47 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Medic
Forum Medic

Well I would certainly be interested to help as a Solly. Solly D is what I'm best at, but I have no problem going Solly O to take out SGs or whatever.

Just let me know when practices is and everything so that I can see if I can make it.

I realize there are a ton of Sollys, but if you guys want my help let me know and I will happily give you all I got.

Mr. Happy
PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 8:59 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Sniper
Forum Sniper

Hey all,

I like the way this is being approached and the attitude of those taking responsibility.

That said, I'd love to be part of this! My schedule is WIDE OPEN ANY NIGHT OF THE WEEK after 9-10PM, when the kid goes to bed, etc. (M, T, W this week the only exception - doh.wav!) With a couple hours notice, I can make miracles happen. But I assume if Aud and Chips are gonna do this right - and everything they've said leads me to believe this the case - with 10 or so participants schedules' to coordinate, this kinda hasta be a "few hours notice" type thang. I haven't seen a firm day, date or time yet posted like Tuesdays and Thursdays at such and such time, etc.

D = Engy, Solly, Demo (dare I say sniper? he he.wav)
O = Medic , Scout, Solly

I'd love to understand more about league play. There a boatload of vernacular (as well as some social aspects to this) being tossed about that makes a little sense in the context of the conversation, but really, not much else is ringing a bell (1337?). Anyone who wants to back up and explain a little bit - I friggin' love learning new crap (I study network engineering two hours a day). Or better yet, lead me to some doorways to this strange world and I'll read up myself.

Lastly, I have an email that I read very regularly but, for obvious reasons, cannot post here. Whoever is gonna lead this thing - or send the communications - tell me where to send the info . . .

Remember, there is no "I" in TEAM, but there are two in Martini!
nope
PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 9:01 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Medic
Forum Medic

mulch_bhop could teach alot of crap on

1v1?
jarrett4
PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 9:06 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Sniper
Forum Sniper

I'd be willing to be a co-captain if you really need it. I don't have any experience in league competions but I'm sure I could learn what it would take and I'm open just about anytime I'm not in school or out bowling (I do a lot of that Smile ).
|2eflex
PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 9:15 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Sniper
Forum Sniper

Id love co-captaining, I have yet to scrim in TFC, but im used to CS scrims, Im sure there are SOME similarities O.O
Chips
PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 9:39 pm  Reply with quote

Guys...no offense, but asking a team captain if you can be co-captain is akin to asking a server op if you can be admin on his server. If you're deserving of it...you'll be picked. Just my opinion...again, no offense intended. Aud needs to decide this and he can't very well make that decision until he's seen us under pressure and going by his directives. I'm sure he'll appreciate that you want to take on the responsibility. Just be patient and let him decide.

Aud...can you add Angry and |2eflex to the list. And I'd suggest we stop there. Anyone else that wants to come in at this time would be added as others drop out. We're at 15 now...and only 5 will actually play in any given round.

The only good game, is a fair game...
Why do we park on driveways and drive on parkways! George Carlin - 1937-2008

-[CfH]-Server Admin
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger