Chips' Fun House Forum Index

View next topic
View previous topic
Page 3 of 4
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Chips' Fun House Forum Index  ~  Our Clubhouse - General Discussion  ~  CfH battleplan 5vs5
Audhumla
PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 12:48 am  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

A good HW near/@ the front door can just mow down EVERYBODY. That can be considered yard D though...

Destroy_l is a 5v5 map, right? LOVE that map.

(dead)-[CfH]-Server Admin but--- because I could not stop for death, He kindly stopped for me
Chance!
PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 9:01 am  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

I can't find this anywhere, what scripts are allowed/banned from use?

-[CfH]-Server Admin
Audhumla
PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 3:46 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

This depends on what league we join.

STA-
Quote:
Clans play on Monday nights at 9:30PM EST.

Client Settings:
1) The use of cl_lw or cl_lc with any value other than 1 is prohibited from STA. Any player doing so will be subject to discipline from STA. As of the most recent patches, these settings are disabled, however the rule remains as a reminder and a standard, pending any future options/settings changes that have yet to be discovered regarding latency and network issues.

2) Fullupdate, axis locks/-mlook, forcecenterview are all prohibited in regards to being used as an anti-conc exploit.

3) Pitchup and pitchdown settings are to be capped at 104.5.

Scripted chop-hopping is an example of an issue that has not been addressed by developers and is not allowed. Note that manually pressing "duck" when you land is not illegal.
^^^^ <--- STA TFC rules
(To clear up ard D confusions):
VVVVV <------ Specific 5v5 rules

Example: It is allowable to have people play defense anywhere on the map (up to Max D restrictions) -- yard, enemy base, whatever -- as long as you're in the immediate vicinity of the flag. If the flag is NOT nearby, you are restricted to one person in/shooting into the yard, and no playing defense in the enemy base or enemy doorways at all.

So a FD HW = OK.

H. Bunnyhop and Chop-hop
Bunnyhopping is legal in all STA-TFC 5v5 divisions, including the Screening Ladder.
Chop-hopping is illegal in all STA-TFC 5v5 division, including the Screening Ladder, as is sharking. Standard punishment for violating this is forfeiture of all points earned during the round(s) in which it was used. Clan and individual strikes may also be awarded.

I never saw anything specifically regarding _special.

UGC-

Quote:
2.1.1. All UGC TFC 5vs5 matches are to be played on Wednesday nights at 9:00 PM ET.

3.9. UGC has decided to implement the Metamod ETAB/ETAA plug-in.

3.9.1. Following is a list of what ETAA and ETAB locks and blocks:
Locked CVARs:
tracerlength 0.8
traceroffset 30
tracerspeed 6000
cl_pitchup 89
cl_lw (locks player's starting value)

3.9.4. ETAB also has the following additional lock:
_special (if a player uses a script with _special the server will kick that player and that player will need to restart steam if he does not want to be kicked again after rejoining server. It will also announce why that player was kicked)

3.9.6. Players and teams will NOT be penalized directly by UGC (by suspension or loss of points for _special usage for example) if they are kicked by etab or etaa. However match play must continue uninterrupted should a player be kicked from the server during the match, and if the kick occurs during prematch, the team whose player was kicked is NOT entitled to a restart unless both teams agree. his may seem harsh, but the use of illegal cvars that would cause a kick has been illegal at UGC for many seasons.

8.9. Bunnyhopping is legal in every division of UGC 5vs5. The UGC definition of 'bunny hopping' is as follows: continuous leaping into the air, often by means of linking one's movement keys to jump keys (or through other scripted means) or to manually execute any key combination on a keyboard and or the use of a mouse, that allows you to gain a speed advantage above what was intended for any specific class. Bunnyhopping may not be used during a match IF and ONLY IF both leaders agree to this before the match.

8.10. Strafe jumping and Duck[crouch] jumping is legal.

8.11. The use of explosions (gren type 1 and 2 and rockets) and gliding/skipping (only 3 skips after landing) off of explosions is also legal.

8.14. Using the server or console commands to give any part of your team an unfair advantage is cheating. This does not include mm2 scripts regarding flag status, class status, health status, incoming calls, or the like. Some cvar/console commands that are illegal are:
-cl_lw 1 [shall not be changed]
-ex_interp 0.1 [shall not be changed]
-fullupdate
-Force_centerview (Command is legal for pipedown and rocketjump scripts)
- _special
Any other console command that aids in centering a players view is illegal.
Any other console command that is used for scripting continuously jumping by holding one key is illegal.

I'm on a Mac right now, so TFL's rule list isn't displaying properly.

They all seem to ban the same commands, so if your script doesn't have those in it, you should be fine.

TFL and UGC both use Season formats, while STA uses a ladder format, so odds are that's what we'd join first.

If I get information from people interested in officialy joining we can start getting set-up. since we'll be in Copper or Bronze, there will be no exclusions due to skill level. It's about fun.

(dead)-[CfH]-Server Admin but--- because I could not stop for death, He kindly stopped for me
Fjorn
PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 4:16 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Sniper
Forum Sniper

_special is not allowed in any league

Razz

And I'd lean to STA 5v5 for the leage, as it tends to be the most lenient of the 3 leagues

As most CfH'ers are pubbers, leniency is good

-[CfH]-Server Admin
Transient
PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 4:47 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Medic
Forum Medic

I will check and see if times and dates and multi clanning rules permit me to play in the STA under the CfH tag.

Even if I can't, I will be more then happy to assist with technical advice. There are quite a number of skilled players. It just takes a little effort to learn to play like a team.
Fjorn
PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 4:49 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Sniper
Forum Sniper

as long as you don't play in an STA 5v5 clan already, you can play in one

unless they changed the times, 5v5 is 9pm EST on mondays

-[CfH]-Server Admin
Fjorn
PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 4:58 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Sniper
Forum Sniper

Ah, it has changed

Tues 9:30 PM EST

and uhm... STA 5v5 is kinda empty...

the other two might not be, but...

With HL2 out, and it being in the middle of the school year...

-[CfH]-Server Admin
nope
PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 5:49 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Medic
Forum Medic

Fjorn wrote:
_special is not allowed in any league

Razz

And I'd lean to STA 5v5 for the leage, as it tends to be the most lenient of the 3 leagues

As most CfH'ers are pubbers, leniency is good

lies, special is not allowed in ugc you can use specific types of _special(engy scrpts)in ugc but not jump...should be banned in every league though since it sucks and only newbs need it for bhop...and definately join sta 5v5 they know better if anything

ps. transient, if your only in [SO] you can play in 5v5 as long as your in no other tfl 5v5 or sta 5v5 team

1v1?
Ember Red Glow
PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 7:41 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Scout
Forum Scout

It would be good to have transcient help us advise but WE must NOT use our best players during the screening matches or you dumbugs will get yourselfs launched into gold level from the get go GOT IT? We must use normal level players for the screenings then we can pull out SOME stops. I have said this over and over try to hold the clan at low levels so that the main boddy of players can continue to play for seasons to come rather then try to build some elite fighting force.. Over the next year 2 more clans will form just because of the splitting. and thats fine but THIS, THIS here should be for [CfH]...I will say it again if I need to.

If you figure IM a puss and dont know what Im saying then go ahead and split up Chip's clan for him because I wont be part of that. I will stay with Chip's and the other [players] Im not doing this because there is something to prove.

I am doing this to create a solid activity for ALLLLLLL CfH members. Let me know right away if this is not your intent please.

Dont start pulling in just any multi claner for the purpose of matches because they want to show off, lets stay with -[CfH]- players and members please we have plenty and if they are to friggin proud to where a [CfH] tag in normal pub games because there to friggin elite, then they should stay that way IMO,,,These people always have something to say that is better then what we are doing so let them go and build their own thing.

Otherwise I suggest you guys get your best known players and make some other clan for this crap.

THE ONLY reason I backed this move was so that [CfH] could be involved in some fun stuff, for more then one season. Yea we got great players here, Every server in the know universe does and we have alot but if you guys decide to leave the lesser players behind then this is nothing more then an extension of [SO] , or whatever other clan you bring in elites from period.

AUD, Fjorn seems to know a good deal about this as we do but before you put anyone in a high level postition make sure they are at least a "Yes man" when it comes to your leadership. This will help you a great deal later when times get rough. You dont want a know it all up to high because that type of person is the one who will say screw you when you need them the most.................. Peace I am following this very closely and am ready to start working on defnse posting.

and yes we will be useing 1 HW in my line-up. I dont use 2 because they are so slow on returning to posts. Need the rjump speed of at least one soly at all times. I will only use an engy if he can keep his s**t up, Bone Reaper is good at this and I would trust him to engy for most matches if we needed one. Just an example.

Audhumla
PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 7:52 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

ty for all the info.

Again, I would like to know what positions people would be able to play. I'll make another thread for it...

Ember Red Glow
PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 8:07 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Scout
Forum Scout

I have an idea for AUD, instead of us overloading him lets let him "slowly" do his research, sign us up and take things at his own pace. I feel he will become a great great team leader by doing so. We can tell him this shyt tell hes blue in the face with pages of exacting calibrated infoshyz but his own experiance is what will be better in the long run. There is no need for such technicality at the level [copper,bronze, silver] that we intend to start at for CfH.

He is GOING to be team leader lets not burn him out the first month with details that realy dont matter at all one bit anyhow.

That is why I kept my battle plan SIMPLE, its in the damn name, Simple battle plan.

The rest WILL fall in to place in a fun way IN its OWN TIME as AUD becomes a skilled leader, and you will address him as your supier......"admin.wav" LOLz

None of the details realy matter at this point, the idea is fun, our own pace, with AUD as our leader, so what he doesnt know yet he will learn and when he does, we all will be ready. on his time. Most of the stuff we already knew or would have peacefully fixed as we whent along I just wasnt going to write a 5 page novel on TFC for nitwits. LOLZ

IM going to post a thread and collect player names and steam ID's to help him, I will email this list to him in 1 week so get your act together if you can play on Tuesday nights. That didnt change either, it was always on Tuesdays for 5 on 5, as many years back as I remember. Peace

Fjorn
PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 8:09 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Sniper
Forum Sniper

1 hw is the max for STA 5v5 anyways Ember Razz

Engie is great if they can keep an sg up, even if it dies alot

And Yes Men are overrated, but I know what you are trying to say Ember, and Ember is right, you want someone who will folow your orders, and if they disagree they will keep it to themselves and take it up with you in private

Public dissention in your leadership is one of the worst things ever to happen to a clan

-[CfH]-Server Admin
Ember Red Glow
PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 8:34 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Scout
Forum Scout

Ember Red Glow wrote:
All of you please

in the signup thread AUD created called "CfH part duex" thread, repost your info via my example so that AUD can form an actually usefull list to bring with him to the STA signup , thanks, thank you, thanks again, for having to redo this. AND PLEASE DONT POST AND CONVERSATIONALS HERE, he needs this thin and easy to copy from THANKS!!!!!!

-[CfH]-Embers Red Glow
SteamID: STEAM_0:1:4238841
Defense only Please:
I like to kinda watch whats going on from there while I defend.
I will be playing Soly and HW only as those are my stronger points.

I am free Tuesday nights for any match where I am needed. And most any other night you want to run a regular practice. I can "pencil" it in as a weekly.

Audhumla
PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 12:19 am  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

2chemicalv2
2mesa3
2mesa4
alchimy
bahsnah
bases2k1
bases2k3
blitzkrieg2_r
cannon
ceasefire
celestial
chemfort_l
congestus
deride-wtftfc
fatal
evenflow
fry_complex
fry_laser
fry_morfort
jager_beta1
mortality_l
mulch_faf
openfire_l
prolifique
redemption2
roasted_l
schtop
ski_gutter
slamfort
torch2
warmonch
warpath_l
wolteg_r
well_now
zutalors

The maps for STA 5v5.
Some of these maps are classics (schtop, openfire_l (<----I am absolute rubbish when it comes to this map), roasted_l, mortality_l, alchimy, torch2, CONGESTUS)
Some of these maps are little-known gems (55 Good Idea )
Some of these maps I've never even heard of (celestial ?!, warmonch ?!).

When/if you end up playing these maps, play them hard and explore, especially if it is your first time. Even on maps like Congestus, new little tricks can be discovered. Drop a conc in the hole for the underground tunnel right as its about to go off, and you can fly to the flag, possibly unexpectedly.

I'm sad they don't play destroy_l. Destroy_l is great. GREAT.

Chips
PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 12:21 am  Reply with quote
Grand High Exalted Mystic Ruler
Grand High Exalted Mystic Ruler

I just added all of them to our server. It's ready to go when you are. Good Idea

It's up now for anyone wanting to see these maps.

pw: cfhtfc

The only good game, is a fair game...
Why do we park on driveways and drive on parkways! George Carlin - 1937-2008

-[CfH]-Server Admin
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger