Chips' Fun House Forum Index

View next topic
View previous topic
Page 2 of 4
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Chips' Fun House Forum Index  ~  Our Clubhouse - General Discussion  ~  CfH battleplan 5vs5
Chips
PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 1:49 am  Reply with quote
Grand High Exalted Mystic Ruler

So when does the ship sail Captain Aud... Razz

The only good game, is a fair game...
Why do we park on driveways and drive on parkways! George Carlin - 1937-2008

-[CfH]-Server Admin
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Nerve-ana
PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 9:05 am  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

neverrrrr argh the {RbN} Pirates are bombing your ship right now woot

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 2:17 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Scout
Forum Scout

Audhumla wrote:
I would imagine an exception for the killing would arise for demomen.

You will encounter an "exception" to every rule that you and I bolth know when you play these matches.

Demos where uneffective against Aud and Transcie.. yesterday. Ability to adapt quickly will ultimatly be "THE" only real rule for your offense team.

A good conc will fake out the pipe trap or fly past it, if the demo hits the guy the second or third O Player should be within 40 feet of the last O so it is then his job to get the flag thrown, as you guys did over and over and over yesterday. IN CH BY INCH WORKS Peace

Chips
PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 4:07 pm  Reply with quote

Your server is ready Captain. Razz

A fresh install with no mods or plug-ins and using the STA server config. Man, it flies without that other stuff weighing it down. I also have HLTV enabled and working. Apparently, STA requires this.

Looking at the server.cfg...something struck me weird
mp_footsteps 0
Do they really play with footsteps disabled?

-[CfH]-Server Admin
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Fjorn
PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 4:17 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Sniper
Forum Sniper

BTW, as you've gotten some misinformation reguarding servers

Code:
V. Servers and Settings

A. Server Choice and Suitability

Each clan chooses where one round of play takes place. The higher-ranked clan gets first choice on which round will take place on their server; the lower-ranked will get color choice during that round. For the round that takes place on the lower-ranked clan's server, color choice goes to the higher-ranked clan. If clans opt to play both rounds on the same server, they should swap colors between rounds. The hosting clan is always responsible for running HLTV and RingerFree.

All servers must have the correct map version -- that is to say, the version of the map located on the STA-TFC files page along with any and all corresponding entity updates also located on the files page. Any version of the map not updated with the entities located on the STA-TFC file page is NOT the correct map version.

Servers must be in the continental United States or Canada, unless both clans agree to a foreign server.

Servers must be dedicated TFC servers; listen servers are not acceptable. Cable servers are not allowed under any circumstances. DSL servers may only be used if there is no other server available to either clan.

Servers MUST be set to create logs for matches, and match logs must be available for at least two weeks. If a server log is requested by an admin and it is not provided for any reason, the responsible team will lose all points for that round and may be given a clan-strike.

Servers must be able to reasonably handle the bandwidth and CPU load of a full 10-player game. STA has the final authority in determining what is or is not reasonable. If you have a chronically bad server that receives multiple complaints you may be asked to find a different server for official STA matches.

It is not acceptable to force a clan to download multiple files in order to play on your server (e.g. custom entities, custom .wav files, etc.) unless those downloads are approved by the STA 5v5 administration (e.g. an anti-cheat client program). A clan may refuse to play on a server that demands multiple downloads.

B. Configuration

Use of the STA server configuration file and STA map is mandatory (although any of the default config settings may be changed if both clans agree). If any of the settings are not correct, the non-hosting clan may refuse to play the round on that server, and may instead insist on that round being moved to their server. If no alternate server is available, the non-hosting clan can either wait until the problem is fixed, agree to play with the existing configuration, or inform the admins of the problem in which case the match will be marked as a Technical Forfeit. In the event of a dispute, the STA has final authority.

There is currently only one class restriction in STA TFC 5v5; Heavy-Weapons Guys are restricted to one.

C. Server-Side Programs

Anti-Cheat programs such as HLguard shall be allowed. Clans may enable VAC on their home server if they choose. Non-VAC anti-cheat programs may ONLY announce or record suspicious activity, not kick or ban. If for some reason the program announces something, a screenshot should be taken, and the round must be finished. DO NOT leave the server; finish the round, then speak with an admin.

The program admin-mod shall be allowed, so long as all admin mod commands that affect other players are set to publicly announce their use. Anyone caught abusing admin-mod shall be punished severely, with the minimum being a strike. IMPORTANT NOTE: the default configuration for admin-mod is to kick people for mm1 or mm2 spam. Fix this! If it happens during a match, the clan that is running the server may be subject to penalties.

-[CfH]-Server Admin
Chips
PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 5:27 pm  Reply with quote

Don't know where you found that...it's not from STA's rules.
Also, this server will be for practice and scrims...not matches.

Although STA's rules say cable/DSL server are not permitted...they MAY be allowed if approved by STA.

http://tfc.sta-league.org/

-[CfH]-Server Admin
Fjorn
PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 6:03 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Sniper
Forum Sniper

Those are STA's 5v5 rules...

Which are different from STA 9v9 and STA adl

http://tfc.sta-league.org/5on5/rules.html#servers

You'll also want to 5v5 specific configs too, you can get it at the site

http://tfc.sta-league.org/5on5

-[CfH]-Server Admin
Chips
PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 6:34 pm  Reply with quote

Damit.wav Evil or Very Mad

Thanks for the directions. Didn't even realize their site was broken up like that. I wonder why different rules, maps and configs for different player counts...doesn't make sense...yet. Razz

-[CfH]-Server Admin
Fjorn
PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 6:38 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Sniper
Forum Sniper

The major rules are generally the same, the different rulesets/configs/etc deal with the difference between dif gametypes

-[CfH]-Server Admin
Ember Red Glow
PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 9:59 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Scout
Forum Scout

................................................................yea sorry I miss informed anyone rotf.

Fjorn
PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 10:39 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Sniper
Forum Sniper

Ember Red Glow wrote:
................................................................yea sorry I miss informed anyone rotf.

it's okay lots of people make that mistake with STA 9v9 and 5v5

-[CfH]-Server Admin
Ember Red Glow
PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 10:22 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Scout
Forum Scout

Dont you know a sarcastic comment when you hear one Fjorn? teehee

lol

Sit back relax and get ready whooop some bronze level ass with some old school soldia's : P

So Far we have 2 team cpts. Aud and Myself, CPTS dont always play every match. I am the type of cpt that would sit out for a player who desperatly wants to be in, provided that player was a good listener during practice and has shown he knows what OUR plan for the night is[because he listened at practice]. We also will be rotating out players per game and per map in some case's.

Practice does not have to be totaly strict but rather we just want to give everyone a good solid place to start from when the bell go's DING! so we dont experiance a big screwed up clusterfug. A loss is a loss, but disorganization is just sick.

Ide preffer to work with the defense team on posting. Aud is great on offense but He is going to have to , umm not leave when its a map he dun like. My clan always hated 2fort also but heres the bad news, we will be playing it alot in bronze level if he chooses to do this.

Im sure Aud will be looking for more CPT"S in the near future but they WILL have to be "yes men"

This stuff needs to run smooth without any type of flack. I have faith in AUd after watching his offense the other night. It SO Much Reminded Me of Old Times watching him and Transc inch that flag out one after another. It was bliss!!

We will need to password the practice server during practs, anyone in -[CfH]-who wants to play in that practice will be totaly welcom to do so and have to be a good listener and be there for the exact purpose of listening and practicing, or go back to normal Chips fun house and have fun there, which there is nothing wrong with either. Just want the guys in practice to be focused and listening so we never do have to be strict per-say.. When you have your plan built a player does not change class unless the rest of his o or d team thinks its ok to try something else but for god sakes U dont wanna take the game into your own hands and start changing class's against the wish's of the team. I personaly will kick a player right off the game for such a selfless act during a match, and then I bring in a standbye in 2 seconds flat.

Peace

Chance!
PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 11:51 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

when do we get started?

-[CfH]-Server Admin
Audhumla
PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 12:05 am  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

Ideally soon. It'd be nice to know who plans to play what.

Also, don't you have to start in Copper before you go Bronze? Or is there no 5v5 Copper?

I would like to get some practices in soon. Assuming the turnout is relativly small (4 or so O and 4 or so D) getting some practice in would be great. I imagine we'd go to some common league maps and run our O against our D. This also might be a good way to test different formations.

With 5v5, we can only have 3 D max, so their zone placement is important. Some maps always have your "normal" setups. I have never played shutdown2 without a solly at the top of the ramp.

A question regarding 5 v 5: I know in pubs, when there are relatively few players on the server, certain areas will be "closed". For example, with a 2 v 3 OvD on shutdown2, the plank route to flag will usually be off-limits.
Do leagues ever place such restrictions?

(dead)-[CfH]-Server Admin but--- because I could not stop for death, He kindly stopped for me
Fjorn
PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 12:34 am  Reply with quote
Forum Sniper
Forum Sniper

I don't think sd2 would ever be played in a 5v5 match, but hey...

Its not disallowed, but is it considered poor form (like using gren2s while muulching)

And the way STA 5v5 works, when you enter, you get put in the screening ladder. You then play 3 matches, and based on how well you did the admins place you in one of the 5 divisions

Some tips:
-Snipers are practicly useless, the object is to cap the flag, not be a score whore
-Those of you who think HWG is a noob class, prepare to be shocked and awed as there is a place for an HWG on the D team of almost every map
-As Ember said, your Core O classes are scout, medic, and soldier with spy and demo if you need them
-Remember, friendly fire is on, communication is the key to dealing with spies, not shoot and see if they bleed
-ALWAYS HAVE THE MATCH ROSTER FINALIZED BEFORE THE MATCH, I cannot stress this enough, if you wait until the last minute you can end up with O players playing D or vise versa siply because you do not have enough O or D players
-Related to above: Try and get your entire clan hanging ut in the IRC channel before the match starts, and yes, IRC is a must
-Now the hosting clan technicly only needs to allow 2 people on the HLTV server, a represenative from both clans, but usually they let clan members who want to watch, watch, your backups SHOULD be on the HLTV if they can and jump in if someone disconnects/gets kicked
-The Pyro: In the hands of an excellent player, the pyro can kick ass, but usually they exist to get slaughtered in league play
-The Engineer: Remember, you can have as many engineers as you want, but the moment they build an sg, a dispenser, or a tele that helps the defence, they are considered D, and fall into the Max D rule
-There is no max O rule. You can have 1 D and 4 O if you really wanted to, but its generally a good idea to use the max D Razz
-In the STA rules it USED to say that 1 D is allowed to fire into the yard, that part is removed now, and the rest of it leaves it rather ambiguous... I would reccomend not firing into the yard unless you are chasing the flag
-Always always always keep your personal demo
-Make sure you have read and understood the rules: http://tfc.sta-league.org/5on5/ (click on rules)

I'd say more, but I can't think of anything else you need to know

-[CfH]-Server Admin