Chips' Fun House Forum Index

View next topic
View previous topic
Page 1 of 4
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Chips' Fun House Forum Index  ~  Our Clubhouse - General Discussion  ~  CfH battleplan 5vs5
Ember Red Glow
PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 1:01 am  Reply with quote
Forum Scout
Forum Scout

Simple Battle Plane for 5 on 5 Bronze, Silver, and Gold level matches.
Copy this to a page on your website for review later and during practices.

I have been playing TFC for 5 years and ran a multi level match clan [3x9] for 3 of those years. During that time, this was my life. I personaly played defense. This is my battle plan that carryed my clan from bronze to gold sta 5 on 5. Every map is diferent but this will help you all in more then one way. Matches are about more then winning, they are about responsibility and sportsmanship and above all love for your clan. That being said I will save the most important rule for LAST.

Fielding the match.
I have done this more times then I can count and here is what it will take to field 5 on 5. For starters you will need 8 players with some form of mirc or messanger for the match[all must use same on match night]. There are always unforseen events that take out some of your players such as thunderstorms, bad connections, bad attitudes [they leave because of loosing] and because momy sais its time for dinner RIGHT NOW!................Practice you map with all 8 of your players you intend to field that night. Never use Ringers, ringers are the guy you just hired today but he is not registered with STA or OGL or whatever leage you intend to play because they dont allow for that on match night. Keep it legit and the admins will respect you in debates, NO RINGERS. Start with 2 players on defense and 3 on O. If the enme are capping fast pull one back to defense. fact is if they are better then you, your toast. Just learn from that experiance and add what you learn to your bucket of tricks for the next clan. Sometimes very elite clans get in bronze because they just formed and want to find their skill level. They actually fake being crappy during screening so they dont get force to silver or gold from the start. It sucks but it happens, and it gets reported. bye you.

Team game, team game, team game
Defense team is very important here in 5 on 5. Your defense players will be chained to certain posts and MUST NOT stray, chase, or go to take a crap EVER. if they do, they need to go and sit out so that someone who understands that a post is a post can play. There is no room for personal fights or chasing here. You must rely on your teamates to finish what you couldnt, example, [2fort] you place a soly at top of spiral near spawn and one at bottom of spiral. the soly up top fires a shotty at an incoming medic but does not kill him, he reports the incoming to flag and simply gets ready for next enme while the soly at bottom finish's the medic off. Its about trust and relying on your team team team. Every map is different so class selction may change but when in dought put soly in front of a mobile chaingunning HW near your flag and try to avoid any concs and you should be able to defened assuming you are not outskilled to badly. Do not use 2 HWs either. Caps will be made against you if the enme team is any good at O at all period. Some games go 250 points or better per team but someone has to win. There is no tye, there is always 2 maps for a total of 1 hour. Limit the use of engys as it is not as good as you might think in a super fast heated battle environment. He can not get or keep guns up against pro medics and the other defense is at their posts and doesnt have time to baby sit an engy. If you use a demo make sure he is VERY good, and DONT EVER SNIPE, if its even allowed. If you decide to try a sniper, which you shouldnt make sure you ask the enme team if they mind. This is about sportsmanship because generaly snipers have no place in matches even though we all love to snipe and think we can hold em off. Why is this? because it is considered to be YARD DEFFENSE. An enme clan will leave the server in angst if you try any type of o vs o or yard defense period causing you to rethink your plan and replay the match another day, if the admin allows you to. There is more, chew on that stuff first.

Offense
You will win games on O with Medics, scouts, and soldiers, and sometimes spys. This is where your conc skills mean everything, win or loose. Not only do you need to conc to jump but you need to take out the enmes defensive aim if the HW is bothersom. Dont keep running into him trying your best to blast him up, conc him then run bye him and get the caps. Do the same to soly if need be even if you are only throwing the flag 6 feet at a time. He will either change to soly himself or back off because of being conced for 30 minutes straight [sea sick]
Only use spys if they are stupid enough to run 2 engys.

Inch by Inch
Dont be affraid to inch the flag out. Most good clans wont defend it once it hits the yard [because yard d and o vs o are bad][its about sportsmanship] but every cap counts so keep throwing it, keep dieing with it till its outside. Then its yours. If they do try to defend the flag in yard, send you 3rd medic to enme flag room to wait for the first cap, there will be no defense there because they are in the yard trying to hold a gone flag... right? ok .

Attitude ajustment
All players must have good attitudes and if one of YOUR players becomes out of line either kic him out and bring in the standbyes or ask the admin of the enme clan to kick him and deal with that player after the game, or dont. Your reputation depends on this very move if this happens. Although some clans like to play the hush hush we are bad ass and dont need to talk game they are still trying to have fun as you should. Always use team talk. Only one thing your players should say before the match to the enme GLHF [good luck have fun] and not a damn thing else, they are busy planning as you should be. I know 5 minute prematch can seem like an hour but use every god damnd minute to make sure you and your standbyes are ready.

MOST IMPORTANT RULE OF ALL
Never neglect the lesser players in your clan if they wish to play. They are you friends and as a leader they look up to you, they want to be part of the fun and to have some elite a-hole tel you that those guys suck and shouldnt be in the leage with you is the very destruction blocks of a clan. The idea is to have fun fun fun. Dont split the clan into 2 parts to fix this problem either as it will be YOU destroying your clan instead of the elite a hole I spoke of before doing it. Listen to your clan and let them all participate wheather they are lesser or not. They in time will learn and they will try harder. Just dont blow them off for the purpose of winning some worthless friggin internet game as you will be sorry later when it all falls apart and all you have left is a bunch of snotty script huggin elite a holes who only want your server for practice and dont give a crap about you or the guys you left behind, that where your friends.

In closing
Games WILL be won and games WILL be lost. There will be tuff times and good times. There will be tense moments of bolth anger and victory. I dont care how bad ass you or your clan thinks you are, you will loose games... alot of them. Decide why your there, decide to play for fun and again let everyone play and enjoy the gamesmanship among your friends if it is the only reason you play in matchs. There are other plans and some of you might even shoot holes through my plan and say there is a better way. The best my clan ever did [3x9] was a 5 game sweep in gold for the title but it took an act of god to bring us to that level over a 2 year period of trial and ,,, yes ... error. So we know it works.

Good Luck, Have fun

Embers Red Glow
Formerly [RCL+3]ThePatriot_(3x9)

Audhumla
PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 12:05 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

*applauds*

I've played in some pickup 5v5s on pubs with some rather good players (lots of guys from [R4L], who I believe are in 2a, which is up there.

5v5s are way fun, more fun than 7v7/8v8/9v9, IMO.

I would love to see -[CfH]- get in some 5v5 Bronze action.

(dead)-[CfH]-Server Admin but--- because I could not stop for death, He kindly stopped for me
sKibbles
PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 12:27 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Medic
Forum Medic

Beautiful!

I was in a 5v5 clan for a short while, I was nver there on match night though, but I was there for most of the scrims and it's way fun.

I love 5v5.

If there is one thing I can add though, it's that communication is KEY. If you dont have constant communication, then you shouldn't play. Whether it be mic or binds, you need to keep your team informed. This includes the offense telling the defense that a medic is incoming.

Chips
PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 1:44 pm  Reply with quote
Grand High Exalted Mystic Ruler

Audhumla wrote:
I would love to see -[CfH]- get in some 5v5 Bronze action.
This was an idea of yours before...and it seemed to die out. Prolly cause of server problems...guess you need a stable, top end server to compete.

But...

Why not start now getting a team together. We can always look into a perm server at some other time. If you're not ready to go when leagues start, what's the point? I'd make my home server available for practice or scrims. My rig could handle a 5 on 5 easily...only 10 slots.

I propose a scrim with {RbN}...just for fun. Twisted Evil

The only good game, is a fair game...
Why do we park on driveways and drive on parkways! George Carlin - 1937-2008

-[CfH]-Server Admin
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
sKibbles
PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 1:51 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Medic
Forum Medic

I'd be in.

Nerve-ana
PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 2:19 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

bring it suckas you bout to get served wooT!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 2:27 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Sniper
Forum Sniper

yea man...ya no i'm down 4 it *thumbs up*

RbN > CfH.....lol Very Happy
Chance!
PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 2:30 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

i'm more than willing to be in / substitute. unfortunately i'm working almost every day now so a set time really doesn't happen too much for me.

-[CfH]-Server Admin
Ember Red Glow
PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 2:30 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Scout
Forum Scout

Skibbles yes, good thing to add and it is practiced during practice, the communication that is.

Yes a server with a good solid stable ping for the map you choose on your server is a must.[ because 1 round is played at challengers server with a map of their choosing and 1 map and server chosen by your clan for a total of 2 rounds] Bolth cpts must agree on bolth servers and bolth maps before match starts. This usually takes place during the week prior to map, you actually have to make contact with the enme clans leader to deal with this. Some are a$$ holes too rotf. If a server crashs sometimes the leage itself has free rentable servers but they dont just let you freeload every week. You would expect the enme to provide you with a decent ping to play against them and so you should assume they would expect the same from you. Or so we should hope.

Anyone who is a team captain or top captain MUST have rcon of the practice server and all admin mods must be wiped off. Only an officail STA or OGL server.cfg is allowed PERIOD. The server logs confirm the cfg used in the case of any dispute. This .cfg also contains the proper pre-match mode.

My practice server ran training maps and the maps for the match 2 nights a week and whenever a group assembles with a team cpt and wanted to work things out. Legal maps are listed in the STA or OGL challengable map list on their web sites.

The reason I put that plan up was because I could swear I heard chips or someone say that they wanted to be in a leage. I just wanted to make sure that it was done right and that the focus remained fun, as chips fun house is so named. Leages have a nasty way of splitting clans apart but if done right can mean alot to the whole group that is involved for many years to come.

Peace

Waddling duK
PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 3:35 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Sniper
Forum Sniper

yea if we do have a scrim that would be fun, or a league, (if ya guys need some pwnage i'd gladly help)
Transient
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 3:32 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Medic
Forum Medic

Scrim would be fun.
Chance!
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 3:37 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

we have no one to actually organize us/this and people seem to ignore the threads quite a bit once we get them going.

-[CfH]-Server Admin
Chips
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 4:27 pm  Reply with quote

Auds idea...I suggest him as captain; unless someone else wants it. *ERG could assist him with advice, I'm sure. I'll supply my home server for practice/scrims. It will be more than adequate for a 5 on 5...easily. ERG...if you could give me a link to a server.cfg used for match play, I'll install that on my home server. I'll create a copy of my server without the mods to use this config with...we'll see how it works.

Get going Aud. Wink

*ERG=Embers Red Glow. I'm not gonna type that name out everytime I refer to him. Razz

The only good game, is a fair game...
Why do we park on driveways and drive on parkways! George Carlin - 1937-2008

-[CfH]-Server Admin
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Ember Red Glow
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 10:18 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Scout
Forum Scout

Here is direct link to STA
http://tfc.sta-league.org/
go to "Files" page and its right on the top the file is called
statfc.cfg

You will have to create an clan account with the names of all your players and cpts named as well so the admins know who to deal with...you may need their steam numbers now to do this because it is used as an anti Ringer tracking tool in the event of a dispute. creating this "clan" in sta is the hardest part. after that it gets easyer to add players who decide they would like to play...

As I have been stressing over and over, try to stay in bronze and silver. Try not to make this some elite fighting force to be recond with. No one cares, theres a million out their already. I know there are elite players in CfH but they have their own fully elite clans they play in so be carefull not to make one out of CfH because then the nooby CfH members cant be involved, just a word of thought as its realy your choice. I will assist if requested but if the clan gets to a gold level I may back out because I know what happens after that, been there done that. Im retired from high level stuff but I would love to see something fun happen for everyone here in CfH,,,, EVERYONE. There are certainly enough players to cover fielding of a 5 on 5 , and prolly a 7 on 7 match weekly.

Their are other leages you may choose from but sta is straight forward and simple. I dont recommend OGL as it is a bit more work.

if you all are not sure what leage you want to join and want to research the options I recommend going ahead and loading the STATFC.cfg because most are all about the same leage wise as configs go and you can start messing around with team play or FF as some of us know it. Prematch planning practice to be had there as well. You only get 5 minute period then its 1000 mph kaos for 25 minutes.

This matters because you have to start getting used to FF. This might seem bad BUT, on offense team the goal is to conc and get flags, not kill. Only thing you need to kill is the SG guns if an engy is present. On defense team each players STAYS at a post so team killing shouldnt be happening unless team members are not listening and they are chasing into another teamates area with grenades. Yes leaving a BIG FAT HOLE where they where supposed to be guarding. Holes are bad. So FF should be ok, just start getting used to it. Remember also that your concs will be concing your teamates on offense so this needs to be worked on even in bronze level. The way we deal with that is to practice having each O player try to conc out of your base from a slightly different location so there is no missed concs at least getting to enmy base. Getting out of enmy base is a different story. Peace

Audhumla
PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 1:07 am  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

I would imagine an exception for the killing would arise for demomen.

Demomen are good. Don't try to beat their pipetraps, especially if they know you are coming. And with a good team, they will. With a pipetrap aet, the only weapons demos have are blue pipes (most bronze/silver demos won't be THAT great with blues), single shotty (weak), and nades/MIRVS (they'll likely be careful with these, as demomen are rarely left alone, because shotty shotty nade, and they are dead). So kill the demo, then run off with flag. Easier said then done, since if a solly isn't present, one soon will be.

A scout should not try for combat. A scout should fly to the flag, and if possible, fly away from it.

Also. Anyone interested in D should get better at playing conced. You will be conced. Often. It's for your own good Laughing Razz

Also#2. FUN

(dead)-[CfH]-Server Admin but--- because I could not stop for death, He kindly stopped for me