Chips' Fun House Forum Index

View next topic
View previous topic
Page 1 of 2
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Chips' Fun House Forum Index  ~  General Server Notices  ~  Stats for Week Ending 4-9-05
Chips
PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 1:42 pm  Reply with quote
Grand High Exalted Mystic Ruler

Sigh Crying or Very sad ...only 192 players last week, down from 262 the week before. I remember only a few months ago we averaged between 600 and 700 players. I guess HL2 and other games and mods have taken another bite out of TFC. Some have said "we" have too many servers, I disagree. Only one (Blade's) runs 24/7 and even when the others run...they're never full. Folks are just playing less TFC here. Even those who play here regularly, have dramatically reduced their playing time...me and the other admins included.

Anyway...they're up: www.irsolutions.biz/cfh ... click "server rankings"

This may very well be the last week stats like this are produced. Our shrinking player base and the fact that I truly believe that no more than 10 to 20 people even look at them...has led me to consider doing away with them. However, I have reenabled Statsme on the server. Not only that, I was up most of last night recoding it to give more info and display it in a much cleaner fashion. I think you'll like it. So, if this is the last time you see comprehensive stats like this...stats will now be available on the server... /statsme.../rank.../top10. I've also coded it so that saying "/switch" will now turn on or off...the statsme announcements (the sounds and screen messages).

Share your opinions on our shrinking player base, doing away with comprehensive stats and whether you like the new stats displays on the server.

The only good game, is a fair game...
Why do we park on driveways and drive on parkways! George Carlin - 1937-2008

-[CfH]-Server Admin
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Wahoo
PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 1:52 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Soldier
Forum Soldier

too many servers i think are the cause, also the fact that not enough people willing to play regularly are finding the server.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 1:59 pm  Reply with quote

Wahoo wrote:
too many servers i think are the cause, also the fact that not enough people willing to play regularly are finding the server.
Too many servers...no. As I said in my initial post, they hardly ever run and they're never full. They may account for 20 players at any one time. We've lost around 400 to 500 playes since our peak. The second part of your statement makes more sense...simply less people playing this mod overall. Our additional servers certainly don't account for 400 to 500 players. Wink

-[CfH]-Server Admin
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
TTK-target
PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 2:10 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Medic
Forum Medic

-[CfH]- forever!!!

Would the funhouse diversify? As more people get the mods, the other games - CTF, DM, CS - would pick up in player density also, don't you think? Spring and Summer are also around the corner. Does player attendance decline in the spring and summer? The stock market and economy numbers go up and down, I think that is the case here also... Smile
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
sdfjhsdjfhsdk
PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 2:38 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

The reason is because all the cfh people are playing dod or hl2dm while new people come in and play with bots for 10 minutes, get bored, and never come back.

|2eflex
PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 2:47 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Sniper
Forum Sniper

My DPB server gets full often when I put it up and its not an "empty out the server" map...
Chance!
PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 3:22 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

other mods and multiple servers is DEFINATELY a big part of the problem. no one wants to stay on the main server too long with all the bots, if there are a couple of other people on the other servers. other games/mods are taking away from the main TFC community too. the next worse thing is when we have a decent group in the main server, and someone says 'xxx server is now up, i'm headed there'. i've seen that clear out the server countless times. i know personally i'm not on more simply because i'm working all the time now - which happens when you work at an icecream place(warm weather makes alot more people want icecream).

-[CfH]-Server Admin
Chips
PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 3:30 pm  Reply with quote

|2eflex wrote:
My DPB server gets full often when I put it up and its not an "empty out the server" map...
Why have you never posted the IP...or did I miss it somewhere?

-[CfH]-Server Admin
Snickers
PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 3:39 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Soldier
Forum Soldier

his server is dynamic.
Chips
PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 4:12 pm  Reply with quote

All, repeat ALL of the other servers (including Blade's) are down at the moment. There are only 2 real players on the server right now and it's the only CfH server available to anyone. So the CfH'ers are not off playing something else cause they don't even have the opportunity to do so. I've never had more than 8 players on my "other" servers at any one time. This is simply not the reason folks.

Everyone plays other games. I don't think there's one of us that plays TFC exclusivly. Running small home servers at off times and at the server ops discretion is NOT what lost us hundreds of players. A major complaint heard on the server is the horiffic lag spikes we all experience. Makes playing those laggy maps (warpath, troy) that much less enjoyable. I would guarantee that's part of the problem. Three IP's in the last 3 months doesn't help either.

Fly...I already addressed your point about advertising other servers on our main server. Our members, hopefully will respect our community and not do that. That's all I can do is ask.

I agree with Target that there's nothing wrong with diversifying. Diversity did not lose us 500 players a week. And it doesn't have to be filled with CfH'ers to be filled...there's only 83 of us. Where did everyone else go?

-[CfH]-Server Admin
Plasma
PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 4:13 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Medic
Forum Medic

Yeah....I haven't played TFC in about a month....I'll come back to it, I just have to catch up with some things. I should be playing a lot again in a few weeks.

Snickers
PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 4:16 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Soldier
Forum Soldier

you weren't dead?
gilliam
PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 5:09 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

arent most of our players young? i think this is nearing finals time and stuff.
so yea there should be more players in summer. same thing happened at keegs the second and 3rd years, ppl would come back after several months to say "hi im not dead and i wanna play tfc!".

nope
PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 5:56 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Medic
Forum Medic

sdfjhsdjfhsdk wrote:
The reason is because all the cfh people are playing dod or hl2dm while new people come in and play with bots for 10 minutes, get bored, and never come back.

DOD is horrible waste of space on one's harddrive, i suggest NEVER installing it....

richochet > DOD

while we are on it...

richochet > NS

1v1?
Waddling duK
PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 6:00 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Sniper
Forum Sniper

nope wrote:
sdfjhsdjfhsdk wrote:

DOD is horrible waste of space on one's harddrive, i suggest NEVER installing it....

richochet > DOD

while we are on it...

richochet > NS

negative vage

ns > tfc > dod > all others > cs