Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24  Next
Chips' Fun House Forum Index  ~  General Server Notices  ~  CS:Source Server
Fjorn
PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 9:20 am  Reply with quote
Forum Sniper
Forum Sniper

Dark Applepolisher wrote:
I heard SB owned y'all. Very Happy

I was filling him full of lead (got him down to 12 hp) then he turned around and shot me in the head with a shotgun

Sad

-[CfH]-Server Admin
-SoldierBoy-
PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 10:35 am  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

I dont mind losing health to make the game fairer, it just got old buying armor and then having to use the default pistol.

I like when CFH reaches out to other games, nice change of pace.

Chance!
PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 11:23 am  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

Yeah, the biggest problem is it forces the better players to go on bigger winning streaks, and camp more. Once they get a good weapon, they dare not lose it.
I'd agree - the health wasn't a problem, it was the money aspect of the mod. Taking SOME money wouldn't be bad, but the amount it took was extremely high. With my KVery Happy ratio being slightly higher than 1.0, i noticed i hardly had the money I wanted.

-[CfH]-Server Admin
Creamy White Sponge
PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 11:40 am  Reply with quote
Forum Sniper
Forum Sniper

That sucks, the server wen't down right before I tried to connect yestoday. Went back up too late Sad

Yes Demasu, I do want to play. That's why I brought it up.

Adam Reece
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Chips
PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 12:11 pm  Reply with quote
Grand High Exalted Mystic Ruler

I recall you doing fairly well with whatever you had goin for ya SB...you kicked everyone's booty with an almost 2-1 kills to death ratioo Surprised Everyone else...surprisingly was very near 1:1...EXACTLY what the mod is meant to do.

When I first updated the admin program on my exisiting CSS server...something went horribly wrong and cpu usage shot up to 99%...it was unplayable. Dunno what went wrong. So...I decided to rebuild the server from scratch AND install a brand new version of the admin program that I hadn't updated in about a year.

ALL of the things I toyed around with, settings wize, are not necessarily permanent. For instance...
* The betting...it can really change the game dynamic winning over $10,000.00 at a time (if of course, you have that much to bet).
* The mugmod enticed peeps to seek knife kills...which gives them all their opponents cash. Definitely a keeper.
*The setting to make the game play with "team objectives"...ie CT's are all slayed for "not" difusing the bomb. T's would be slayed for not planting it. I like that one too. Too many times I've seen CT's just run away rather than even attempting to difuse.
* A player that does well having a "bounty" put on their head. Whoever kills them, get the bounty money. This too is a keeper.
*That silly laser beam that pops up when you've been killed...shows you exactly where your attacker was. I'm gonna see this as invaluable to someone like myself who doesn't know all the neat hiding palces on the maps.

And...the infamous "FairGame" mod. All the settings above are from the admin program...this was the only "stand alone" mod I added. I pretty much noticed all the better players still doing better. They were also the loudest complainers, and rightly so. You guys have put many hours into this game...honing your skills and learning all the games aspects. I can understand. Ironchef said "he'll never play CSS again thanks to this mod"...at least not here anyway. Laughing Well...he was also the one running up the 19-1 scores on pretty much every map the night before. I was just reading about a way to configure the database so good player wouldn't lose ANYTHING...only the worse players would gain. Perhaps we could give that a try.

So...I spent 8 hours of my life yesterday building the server, installing and LEARNING the admin program with it's many, many settings...and I still have some tweaking and learning to do. Try not to be too harsh with the way it's set up currently....most settings are things I just wanted to "try". They are not necessarily permanent.

Throw some comments at me regarding the other NEW stuff...not just the Fairgame mod.

The only good game, is a fair game...
Why do we park on driveways and drive on parkways! George Carlin - 1937-2008

-[CfH]-Server Admin
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Creamy White Sponge
PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 12:22 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Sniper
Forum Sniper

I've seen on a Multiplay UK server a bet mod. It was really good Smile When you die, you could place a bet on the team you think will win by saying (that's if you want to; no obligation):

say: bet ct 3000
say: bet t 1k
say: bet ct all (all money you have)

It would then tell you the odds of the team winning, which would calculate how much money you claim if your bet wins. A fine way to gain or lose your money Very Happy Once the round is over, it tells you what you have won or lost.

Nice if you aren't that good at claiming money for kills, allows those players to pick up cash for more powerful weapons. Kind of makes things more fair in one way Smile

Try it out of you like. It's running on 85.236.100.10:27015

Finally, is there any chance of playing earlier? You guys seemed to start playing at 4 AM my time Sad no way can I join then if I have university the next morning.

Adam Reece
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Chips
PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 1:03 pm  Reply with quote

Chips wrote:
* The betting...it can really change the game dynamic winning over $10,000.00 at a time (if of course, you have that much to bet).

That's exactly what I was referring to Adam...it can be set so ANYONE can bet. But I have it set that only dead players can...the live folks have enough to worry about AND they could bet agains themselves and just go on a suicide run. Surprised

Next time we do this...prolly next weekend...I definitely put it up much earlier. Good Idea

-[CfH]-Server Admin
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Creamy White Sponge
PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 1:39 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Sniper
Forum Sniper

oh you already have it, didn't see that Smile

Adam Reece
Demasu
PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 3:01 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

Chips wrote:
I wasn't being a biatch Demasu...I slayed you once cause you were up against Mally, an admitted brand new player to the game. She was just hiding behind a box...it was chivalry at it's best. It was a joke...relax.

Oh like hell, if you hadn't noticed mally was doing pretty damn well that map and I wasn't doing well at all that map. It was more likely that she would've killed me rather than the other way around. Besides, that wasn't the first time you weren't exactly nice, although the other time wasn't on cs:s

RL the ultimate roleplaying experience
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Audhumla
PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 3:04 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

its cs
get over it
<3

(dead)-[CfH]-Server Admin but--- because I could not stop for death, He kindly stopped for me
Demasu
PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 3:10 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

Audhumla wrote:
its cs
get over it
<3

cs is just the latest part to the whole thing.

RL the ultimate roleplaying experience
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Chips
PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 4:15 pm  Reply with quote

Demasu" "kills" "22" "deaths" "15
Mally-chan" "kills" "12" "deaths" "20"

You were obviously doing better...she was hiding behind a box for goodness sakes...that's why she was still alive. Laughing
You obviously missed the humor in the situation....

L 10/21/2006 - 23:25:24: "Mally-chan<46><STEAM_0:0:6365723><CT>" say " im new at this"
L 10/21/2006 - 23:25:40: "Mally-chan<46><STEAM_0:0:6365723><CT>" say " I dont know how to play"

You are a veteran of the game...she is not. It honestly was a joke...if you don't see it that way...I'm sorry.

Feel free to pm me with the "latest part to the whole thing" you're referring to. I'd be happy to address it.

-[CfH]-Server Admin
mally
PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 4:37 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Sniper
Forum Sniper

I have to learn.. Look Im not going to pick sides..

Im a person who learns through practice and mistakes.. Why dont we just make it so it doesnt happen again.. I mean I had to have been doing semi good for a beginner.. I was just spitting out excuses it was like the third time I played..Im just still learning.. I would have caught on..

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 5:17 pm  Reply with quote

Mally...you were doing fine. We were all spectating you...and everyone was betting on Demasu to kill you.

It was a friggin joke damit.wav Very Happy

In over two years of running servers for our humble little community...I think I've slayed someone maybe 5 times (unless of course, they really deserved it). I'm not an abusive admin...I think everyone knows that.

The peeps that should "really" be ticked with me are the ones that bet on Demasu to win (pretty much everyone)...now THEY should have a gripe. Surprised

-[CfH]-Server Admin
mally
PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 5:24 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Sniper
Forum Sniper

I would have killed demasu .. You should have let us keep playing I would have killed him and who- I would get all the money cause everone bet on demasu.. But now we'll never know