Chips' Fun House Forum Index

View next topic
View previous topic
Page 2 of 4
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Chips' Fun House Forum Index  ~  Our Forum Members  ~  To Wear or Not To Wear our tag...
Chips
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 1:53 pm  Reply with quote
Grand High Exalted Mystic Ruler

Creamy White Sponge wrote:
I've never seen snickers wear the CFH tag Confused
I have...trust me, it's not a pretty sight. Laughing

He just needs some cheering up...
Snickers, I recently overclocked my ATI AIW 9600 Pro...

...it's now a functional Space Shuttle... Razz

The only good game, is a fair game...
Why do we park on driveways and drive on parkways! George Carlin - 1937-2008

-[CfH]-Server Admin
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Chips
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 2:19 pm  Reply with quote

FlyMoto wrote:
The main reasons for me are the following:
Chips server: If anything for me its that the server is getting more strict. If an admin in on, most of the time people don't act the way they do if an admin is not around, in how they talk, and other stuff(i've noticed this first hand, on my normal name as well as hiden), i've noticed the admins tend to be more harsh to non-members(i'd say rightfully so, but not really), there have been a couple times i've gotten close to banned, i've even been kicked from the server times that if i was on my normal name the admins would have looked past it. Its losing its playful touch i've seen. Hook is rarely on, fireworks aren't open to the majority, people complain alot about radios... and so forth.
The other thing that attracted me to this server greatly was the great number of different maps we'd play. Now i'm sorry to say this does not happen. The main rotation is almost the only thing played, and it seems like the only time we get map changes is when either an admin is bored/doesn't like the map, or the majority hates the map, and an admin is present.
Lastly the thing that gets me sometimes is the type of players we have/allow on the server can sometimes get annoying, and the fact that i find most of the time the teams to be unbalanced, but this is pretty much expected(ever noticed how almost every CTF map goes to 75% or more are D while 2-3 ppl are O? this is the main reason i favor A/D(ID) maps). Obviously the players can't be controlled, it just adds to my frustration. I know there are probably quite a few people that don't like me/my style of play, but they can deal with it as i deal with them.

Well...Blade has already and should continue to speak for what goes on with his server. He makes it available for all of us...and the general public, but that's his world with his rules.

Surely, folks will act differently when an admin is there...that's fairly normal. Much differently...I would hope not, especially our regulars. They know what's right and wrong here. I really don't think any of the admins here are all that strict. Seeing that there aren't that many rules to inforce, I would hope their intervention is minimal. If you or anyone feels differently about this, please feel free to send me a private message to discuss it.

True that the hook hasn't been used much lately. MOST don't like it...even though I'm a big fan. You're a rather talented player. I wouldn't have assumed you'd like it so much. Most of the better players don't. Still, our last rotation on our "hosted" server had two maps in the rotation with it. I do try to make everybody happy. The fireworks, I think you know the problem there. Abuse of this little mod just crashes the server. Perhaps it's time to open it up to all CfH members and see how it goes.

Maps...last night, we played 4 straight "vote" maps that we haven't played in bleems...was fun. I guess it has to do with who's on when you're playing and what choices come up for vote. I've tried also to keep 12 maps in the rotation...have ctf, half I/D. I once again had to close the vote "nominating" on the server cause it was being abused. Tis sad that some can't control themselves and try to start a map vote every ten minutes.

Yeah...I too can't stand and uneven, unfair, unbalance game. You'd likely hear me biatching about it on the server also. Rarely, will it even out and become a good battle. Another occurance on just about every pub, unfortunately. Still, every now and then, we get a good game going. That's what I look forward to.

In short...plz continue to post here any suggestions you have to make things better. I'm more than willing to listen. Laughing

-[CfH]-Server Admin
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Torturedevice
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 2:28 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

Yes I too went through a phase of "anti-tag" wearing. Then Psycho banned me and ive been too afraid to take it off. LOL!
Psycho_Chick
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 3:00 pm  Reply with quote
Teh Fuzzy Cuteness
Teh Fuzzy Cuteness

Torturedevice wrote:
Yes I too went through a phase of "anti-tag" wearing. Then Psycho banned me and ive been too afraid to take it off. LOL!

OWNED.wav!!!!!!! Wink sure, make me look like the bad guy.... lol

if you keep IM'ing me while im in the game I'll do it again too!!! jk jk Twisted Evil

Snickers
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 3:25 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Soldier
Forum Soldier

the 5 maps voting is kind of dumb.

nomiating plugin would be better IMHO

I do sometimes see a bit more "unrest" when admins aren't here. but thats not so chaotic.

tfc tech was a nice plugin...

I agree with Fly about the hook, this was meant to be a hooking server in the first place anyways if you haven't been here when the server was just a wee lad.

Also agree with blades admins controlling the server. a fun server doesn't go noclipping everywhere. I know it is fun but alot of times it just gets old with the 100th noclip/god
Audhumla
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 3:56 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

All HLDM maps should have hook on. Add to the chaos...

(dead)-[CfH]-Server Admin but--- because I could not stop for death, He kindly stopped for me
Chance!
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 4:17 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

i do know its almost impossible to please everyone, and its probably in the best majority to do the stuff you've implimented... i know balancing the server cannot be easy, i honestly don't know of an easy way to solve it. if my brain wasn't so dead today - i'd offer to talk more.
in any case, know you will always have my gratitude for running the server as long as you have.

-[CfH]-Server Admin
Chips
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 4:59 pm  Reply with quote

C'mon Snickers...you were one of the ones complaining about the constant map changes when everyone could start or "nominate" a map. That's why I'm using the random choice of 5 maps. Sometimes, all the map choices stink...sometimes, they're good and a concensus is reached.

I too miss TFC Tech...this coming weekend will therefore be:
TFC Tech party time at the Fun House... Laughing
Just for the weekend...we'll see how it goes.

Aud...I like that idea on the hldm maps. Hook is now enabled on gasworks, the quick straight hook. It's also enabled on shutdown2...the slow lazy one. That should spice things up.

Fireworks are also now enabled on Well and Gasworks. Shocked
I know I'll be sorry for this one...

Everybody happy... Question

Snickers...no comment on my space shuttle j/k. Wink

-[CfH]-Server Admin
Chips
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 5:04 pm  Reply with quote

Psycho_Chick wrote:
if you keep IM'ing me while im in the game

Hmmmm...... Razz Rolling Eyes Razz

-[CfH]-Server Admin
Snickers
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 5:26 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Soldier
Forum Soldier

Chips wrote:
C'mon Snickers...you were one of the ones complaining about the constant map changes when everyone could start or "nominate" a map.

If you were talking about the nominate <something> i have never seen that on the server

It is not the vote <something> that could be started if a person put in rockthevote

Nominating plugin can put a cvar to start after a few minutes, that vote <something> also has it. it can be used to prevent rockthevote from starting when a map just started. No idea where you got the idea to put in the 5 maps vote plugin.

My 6800 just came in today. I think it ate your space shuttle. BAD 6800 SIT. Razz
The Howling Man
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 5:42 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

What's TFC Tech? Shocked

Chance!
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 5:46 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

Chips wrote:
I too miss TFC Tech...this coming weekend will therefore be:
TFC Tech party time at the Fun House...
Just for the weekend...we'll see how it goes.

damit.wav
the one weekend i'm gone...

-[CfH]-Server Admin
Chips
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 6:51 pm  Reply with quote

All right...I'll put it on Friday thru Sunday, an "extended" weekend. Cool

TFC Tech, for those of you who don't know, is a mod that allows your team to vote for different "technologies" at different stages of the game. Votes come up at 2, 5, 10 and 20 minutes into each map. Technologies range from "fast scouts", "strong blue pipes", fast firing HW's, decoy flags and many others. Whatever "tech" gets the most votes from your team, is the one your team gets.

I think I know what you're talking about Snickers...I'll test it out tomorrow. I probably just need to use the standard hlds map vote plug-in and leave admin_access at "0"...so no one can randomly start a vote. This should still allow everyone to vote for or "nominate" the map of their choice; 3 minutes before each map ends.

-[CfH]-Server Admin
Snickers
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 7:40 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Soldier
Forum Soldier

Thanks Chips...

Fly you better come or I will own you when you come back Razz
TeKniX
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 8:02 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Scout
Forum Scout

TFC Tech is being played eh? Count me in until the HW's get no slow down while shooting.

While I havent been a member here long, but I have seen the fall of a bunch of servers and the loss of many players, all unfortunate (well...most the time)

In my opinion, when a fun server is made its much harder to please everyone. Some people hate the features, others wouldnt play without them. Also, the majority of these "toys" arent properly finished, therefor crashing servers is a common sight. Tis very unfortunate to see all these events unfolding, but each opinion is worth it.

On a seperate note, I do have some complaints about Blade's server. And unfortunetely Blade, you cannot say there were no complaints, as I've complained about your admin usage numerous times. Admin_stack, admin_teleport, admin_slayteam, noclip, godmode. That kinda crap ruins a server. How would you like it if someone made a server, named it CfH (whatever number we're on) and then proceeded to slay team, noclip and godmode themselves...while the normal players get taken out by this crap. Its admin abuse, and honestly because of it, I very seldom will go to your server. I hate to complain, Im just letting you know what the general sensus of players would say before leaving your server.

Since I'm in a rush to get out of here I have to end this quickly, but will add more thoughts later.

Also, nobody take offense to these comments, they are not here to piss people off, just to show the opinion of someone who has played tfc since its release.