Chips' Fun House Forum Index

View next topic
View previous topic
Page 1 of 1
Chips' Fun House Forum Index  ~  Bans, Cheaters & Abuse Reports  ~  How to Report Abuse or Cheats
Chips
PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2004 12:27 am  Reply with quote
Grand High Exalted Mystic Ruler

I do write logs from the server, so anything they say or do is recorded (except voice comm).

If myself or one of the admins is not around, post the abusers name, steam ID and the approximate time of the abuse as well as a brief description of what they were doing. They will be looked up in the logs and banned from the server, if that is the appropriate action.

Hint: You can get a players steam ID by typing "status" in your console.

Please make a separate thread regarding a particular player...so this thread doesn't grow too large while talking about all those suspected.

Last edited by Chips on Sat Dec 11, 2004 12:58 pm; edited 1 time in total

The only good game, is a fair game...
Why do we park on driveways and drive on parkways! George Carlin - 1937-2008

-[CfH]-Server Admin
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Audhumla
PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2004 12:30 am  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

Screenshots should be there too, so we don't have people conspiring to get ppl banned that they don't like.
Snickers
PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2004 8:48 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Soldier
Forum Soldier

or make demos. to make a demo put in record <demoname>
Replace <demoname> with whatever you want.
Chips
PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 11:57 am  Reply with quote

Just to update this....

A few demo's have been submitted to me recently. They were of purported cheaters in our community...and no, I'm not mentioning the names of either who was suspected or who submitted them to me. Although there were some "questionable" moments in these demos...I felt there was nothing "definitive". Like....OMG, did you see that. Shocked

Now...that's not to say these players aren't still suspected...and watched closely. And I wanted to publicly acknowledge the efforts of those who submited them to me...as they may feel slighted because I didn't agree with what they saw.

Please - Please - Please ... don't give up the effort to hunt down the cheaters on our server. One of the submitters figured his rep with me was blown cause he wasted my time looking at something that I didn't have the same opinion on. Not true...post here in this section anything you suspect that is "blatant". If it's just something you "question"...send me a pm and I'll alert the admins to be on the lookout.

We've been very lucky ... we get very few blatant cheaters ... it's the sly, knowledgable haxors that are tougher to catch. The ones who hax their butts off till someone drops into spec...then all of a sudden, they're human again. Laughing

The only good game, is a fair game...
Why do we park on driveways and drive on parkways! George Carlin - 1937-2008

-[CfH]-Server Admin
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger