Chips' Fun House Forum Index

View next topic
View previous topic
Page 1 of 5
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Chips' Fun House Forum Index  ~  Bans, Cheaters & Abuse Reports  ~  Banned, ridiculous!
cpvaughn
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 12:02 am  Reply with quote
Forum Trolls
Forum Trolls

I (Muchez) was banned earlier today by Angel Girl. The basis for this ban was completely bs, listen....

First off, the majority of you probably think that "Oh, yeah respect admins, dont talk back, yata yata yata". Now I personally think this shouldn't always be so.

Angel Girl, earlier, ONLY she was irritated by the radio's, so she decided to turn them off, regardless of the fun some people were having with them, including me. If you have a problem with something tell the person who is doing it to stop, just don't cut everyones fun off at the source, complete bs.

At first I was a little ticked, so she wanted me to basically get on 2 knees and ask her, screw that, if you have nerve to turn them off just because you, and you alone were irritated by them, you can kiss my ***.

I do believe at this point I was kicked, then i rejoined, argued more, and then my config was edited. I'm sorry but that is an abuse of power, the config isnt hers and you just don't go along and edit what isnt yours. Especially after I had it flawlessly edited to my preferences.

After I argued more got kicked, talked more crap, and got banned. Sorry but if u are gonna start some **** I am going to argue back regardless of you have admin powers. ADMINS ARE NOT ALWAYS RIGHT.

And I thought It was even more bs because not a single person said anything the whole damned time, and I know some of the stuff I did was wrong, but plain and simple, she initiated the argument

Hope some of you see my way

Later
-SoldierBoy-
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 12:09 am  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

cpvaughn wrote:
ADMINS ARE NOT ALWAYS RIGHT

Maybe not, but just like cops arent always right, it TS if you get on there case. Admins=god here so do what they say or.....your gonna get kicked! (no way!)

cpvaughn
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 12:46 am  Reply with quote
Forum Trolls
Forum Trolls

TS eh? So your saying if an admin gets angry with me for arguing back because they did something wrong and I get banned, thats just TS? screw that!
Audhumla
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 1:22 am  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

If you desire to potentially get unbanned, I would honestly advise a slightly calmer attitude.

(dead)-[CfH]-Server Admin but--- because I could not stop for death, He kindly stopped for me
cpvaughn
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 2:10 am  Reply with quote
Forum Trolls
Forum Trolls

I'm sure you wouldnt like if someone edited your config either, eh? Wink
Audhumla
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 2:22 am  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

Not at all. IMO, anything more than voice_enable 0 for mic spammers should be out of bounds. Just from my experience on other servers, those who come into the Banned players forum with a good attitude have more luck than those who don't.

(dead)-[CfH]-Server Admin but--- because I could not stop for death, He kindly stopped for me
cpvaughn
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 2:47 am  Reply with quote
Forum Trolls
Forum Trolls

Being pissed at a single person doesn't really reflect my overall attitude. I don't think there is anything wrong with being pissed, i laid it all down pretty much on that first post, really feelin fine now

EDIT: And yes, I'm not saying I didn't screw up, I used excessive profanity, but she was also at the time being a bad admin, we all screw up from time to time, and this also was my first (and only) time i screwed up so, I hope you will take that into consideration, good night
Psycho_Chick
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 9:47 am  Reply with quote
Teh Fuzzy Cuteness
Teh Fuzzy Cuteness

Just to let you know it wasnt angel that kicked/banned you. It was me. Excess profanity screamed over mic is insta-ban on this server and screaming at anyone like that- not just admins- is ridiculous and a sign of extreme immaturity. CfH just went through one great loss and especially right now doesnt need to deal with people who are going to behave like animals. We werent looking for you to get on your knees and beg.. we're not sadistic crazed powerhungry overlords. We do however expect basic respect you would show to anyone. You were out of line end of story.. yes the whole config thing does seem a bit extreme but to explain since you may not have known.. she bound it to "buildradio"- pretty much saying "heres your radios back" since thats what go you so pissed initially. SHE DID ASK PEOPLE TO STOP. it wasnt entirely random. it may not be your overall attitutde but loose cannons are never to much fun to have around eh? if a radio set you off that bad.. whats next? You were warned/kicked twice and then banned.. pretty standard stuff man..

Now you know...

Psycho_Chick
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 10:01 am  Reply with quote
Teh Fuzzy Cuteness
Teh Fuzzy Cuteness

Just to further my point- a direct quote from our server rules...

Quote:
However, if you mess with your own team in any way detrimental, abuse another player or use foul language over voice comm or chat, you will be immediately warned and then kicked. If you continue after being warned and kicked, a perm ban awaits you.

cpvaughn
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 11:41 am  Reply with quote
Forum Trolls
Forum Trolls

Actually, it wasn't the radio that set me off, it was the config editing. I did curse at her and what not, but not before she edited the config
-SoldierBoy-
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 2:47 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

Psycho_Chick wrote:
we're not sadistic crazed powerhungry
overlords.

*cough* Laughing

Bungee!
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 3:29 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Scout
Forum Scout

speaking on a general level

The one thing that ticks me off more than anything is when someone says, "don't talk like that to an admin," even if it's not directed to me. To me, an admin should be exactly like every person in the server, only with a few more abilities.. not someone who demands respect from everybody. If someone calls a person a name, then obviously that person did something to deserve it... in this case, muchez' binds were all messed up, which temporarily ticked him off. That is not worth a kick/ban.

Situations like this are caused bc admins are seeking the respect they're not getting. Admin disables something(mistake 1)... player gets aggrevated(natural) and states his word(natural)... admin kicks him bc he can(mistake 2)... player joins again and states his negative word(natural)... admin isn't liking that he isn't getting super respect(mistake3) and bans him(mistake 4).

Think about it, negative comments from people don't just come out of the blue... they are caused by something. Therefore, they have the right to state their word. If admins think they can do whatever they want and have people kiss their feet then I don't believe people like that should be admin at all.

After all, there is only one admin, all the others are just moderators. If they think they deserve god-like respect then I think they need to grow up a little.. then come back.

Conclusion:
-"Don't talk like that" is an attacking method, can be offensive to some bc that person is demanding something to an extent, and is only asking for a remark back(by natural defense).
-Moderators aren't any more powerful than the average person as far as respect... especially if they are young.
-Moderators need to learn to defend themselves instead of banning people.

In the game of soccer, an assist is worth just as much, if not more, than the goal itself because the person with the assist is the one who "caused" it to happen. This is analogous to conversation because small things like "don't say that", "you suck at this", "shut up", "respect the admin" are all offensive words that are "causing" someone to say something negative. Therefore, if a person gets kicked for saying something negative, then he who instagated it.. even on the smallest level.. should be kicked aswell. If the admin kicks someone for saying something caused by the admin himself... then the admin should be kicked aswell. If you don't think the admin should be kicked for what he caused, then don't kick the player. But don't give someone authority they don't deserve.

[/rebel]

Very Happy k I'm done. Sketch time!!!!!!!!!!

Chance!
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 3:54 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

I was in there when it happened... so was chips, and psycho_chick(as you know)

I'll say a few things:
1- You should know that you cursed excessively. You were kicked TWICE before you were banned - chips suggested that you had been banned instead of the second kick.
2- Its NOT cool that angelgirl edited your config. But then again, if it had been another server, you might have gotten an unbind all before being banned.
3- I'd stick by their decision. You should have calmed down a bit before coming back the third time.

-[CfH]-Server Admin
cpvaughn
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 4:10 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Trolls
Forum Trolls

The cursing might have been excessive to you, but it came with the config editing and the turning off the radio's. After the insults I was kicked, which is NOT right because she made the mistakes and she deserved the verbal lashing. So its only natural for me to come back in and curse more. Same goes with the time after that. I don't see why I should have to calm down if she kept screwing up each and every time.
nope
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 4:42 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Medic
Forum Medic

she changed your dfg so what?

theres a little button you press wehn u right click it called "read-only"

hit that, if she changes ur cfg when u leave tfc and come back itll be the same as it always was....

and i think it locks admins for messing with certain controls on the cfg too.

1v1?