Chips' Fun House Forum Index

View next topic
View previous topic
Page 1 of 4
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Chips' Fun House Forum Index  ~  Our Clubhouse - General Discussion  ~  NFL 2008-2009 Season
Americanboy3
PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 1:10 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

Well ladies and gentlemen I'm sitting here at home, sending emails out for my annual fantasy league and I decided I should make the annual NFL topic as well.

This thread will be used for the duration of the 2008-2009 NFL season, preseason, and post-season. Please keep the topics strictly NFL with the occasional outbursts by Aud, Falcon, Chips, and I about NCAA.

Falcon, I also wanted to ask you if we were going to make a CfH/Catacombs league again and wanted to talk to you about that.

So here we go ladies and gentlemen, let the talks, begin.

-"A man tells his stories so many times that he becomes the stories. They live on through him, and in that way he becomes immortal." -Big Fish
Falcon
PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 6:45 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

well i dont check the cats forums much anymore, but i'll check them and let ya kno.

Cant wait till september Cool

--- Pete + Sam + Dean = chevelle = teh greatest ---

-[CfH]-Server Admin
Chips
PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 7:54 pm  Reply with quote
Grand High Exalted Mystic Ruler
Grand High Exalted Mystic Ruler

I am not known for outbursts. Rolling Eyes

Well...maybe occasionally. Laughing

I have been encouraged however by how my Vikings are shaping up. If Tavaris Jackson pulls together a good season...some are picking them to at least represent the NFC in the big game.

Their defensive line could have a season for the ages...if someone could learn to cover in the secondary. Their running attack is #1...no problems there. Some solid play and lack of key injuries could take them far. We'll see.

Cool

The only good game, is a fair game...
Why do we park on driveways and drive on parkways! George Carlin - 1937-2008

-[CfH]-Server Admin
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
ownedbya13yearold
PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 9:37 am  Reply with quote
Forum Trolls
Forum Trolls

well... thisll be an easy subject for me Very Happy . For All you have to have known, its coming to have the NewYorkGiants season again. Eli manning is going to Throw much more consistenly and most of all, BE more consistent.. Even with the troubles of Ahmad Bradshaw and Micheal Strahan out, they will have some of their rookies stand out and really show what a GIANT is being all about.
-SoldierBoy-
PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 12:42 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

Redskins are going to take the NFC East, you heard it here first.

Falcon
PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 7:42 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

Dallas will win the division, but lose in the playoffs...same old story Rolling Eyes

-[CfH]-Server Admin
ownedbya13yearold
PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 8:50 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Trolls
Forum Trolls

-SoldierBoy- wrote:
Redskins are going to take the NFC East, you heard it here first.

are you kidding me??? they have like no offense, maybe an ok defense, but they really need a new qb and a new rb, cause there offense really has no "leader"

for dallas, i might agree, but there will be distraction for them from pac-man jones and tony romo supposable "on a date" with Simpson (they were seen together at a local Olive Graden w/ eachother in wisconsin)

-SoldierBoy-
PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 9:45 am  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

New coach, new receivers and I think Campbell will have matured with a season under his belt.

jum
PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 2:44 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Medic
Forum Medic

Falcon wrote:
well i dont check the cats forums much anymore, but i'll check them and let ya kno.

Cant wait till september Cool

Yeah, people have moved on to insulting MassacrE now.

Giants finish last in the division and miss the playoffs.
Americanboy3
PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 6:58 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

Redskins won't win it, sorry SB.

Falcon hits the nail on the head for his Cowboys. Hawks win division yet again, and will make it to the NFC Semi's or Final (only with a stroke of luck will we make it to the big dance.)

Patriots will not be near as close to their amazing season last year. Colts will persevere as long as Peyton is out there and will make at least AFC Final.

Packers will win a few to start off season and then Rodgers will suck it up and fall under pressure.

Just my picks so far. And Falc, I don't check Cats anymore either so maybe we should just do a CfH one. Anyone interested in that?

-"A man tells his stories so many times that he becomes the stories. They live on through him, and in that way he becomes immortal." -Big Fish
Falcon
PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 5:51 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

sounds good to me AB

and jum, its not cause of everyone else, i just didn't follow basketball and hockey too much. Baseball, i watch my Orioles every chance i get, but just not been in the mood to be talking about baseball, actually i've been real happy w/ them, still hanging around and have exceeded my and many other people's expectations, so been real fun to watch them. Mainly though, my MLB fantasy money league has been catching most my attention.

However when August come around...i'll check em out a lil more, but dont expect the crazyness of last season. Wink

-[CfH]-Server Admin
Americanboy3
PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 5:34 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

Anyone interested in doing a CfH Fantasy Football League through Yahoo? If we can get at least 12 people I'll make a league.

Americanboy3
PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 11:13 am  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

Thoughts on Favre wanting to play again?

Falcon
PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 3:25 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

omfg...dont even get me started on Favre. He's a selfish piece of crap and i'm getting sick and tired of seeing him do this bs for the past 3-4 seasons to the Packers, fans, and not to mention the young QBs they wasted good draft picks on to replace him.

If ya wanna play football, go find the Bears and help them or just hang up ur gear and sit the hell home already. So sick of Favre and his antics.

One of the best QBs ever...but his lack of decision making and sticking w/ it is worse than Mike Golic's swing at the celeb softball game yesterday.

-[CfH]-Server Admin
Americanboy3
PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 4:50 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

I don't think he's really hurting the fans, they want him back. Everyone knows Rodgers won't get them to the playoffs, so they should be welcoming Favre back with open arms.