Chips' Fun House Forum Index

View next topic
View previous topic
Page 4 of 4
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Chips' Fun House Forum Index  ~  Our Clubhouse - General Discussion  ~  Articles of Impeachment against President Bush
Torturedevice
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:44 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

Anyone who's taken a simple Intro to Poly Sci course, or anyone who's simply interested in the world of politics, knows that there are much better government structures than our own. I think it's pretty ridiculous that we go out to countries around the world and try to convince them to adopt our system of irreparable debt. Even if the leaders don't agree, we strong arm them into doing what we want. The hardest thing I find is trying to read between the lines of what politicians tell us, sort of like a mind game. Then I ask myself if I'm thinking too much or too little to make a good decision. Your vote should reflect what you believe is right and nothing more. People think differently on just about everything you can think of, which is why politics turns friends into enemies. Even though the forefathers said factions are evil I'm sure they knew it was inevitable given so many different variants in peoples' conciousness. I personally agree with Aud, but both parties are extraordinarily biased towards what they want to happen politically. If all you listen to is Michael Savage all day, you'll probably be inclined think that liberals are terribly wrong about everything, and if you listened to KGO all day you might think conservatives are the scum of the earth. You can still listen to both sides, as I do, and be confused as hell. As DA pointed out, you do in fact need to take what any politician tells you with a grain of salt.
-SoldierBoy-
PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 7:59 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

I dont believe that there are better systems of government out there, just the same type being run better. The best (imo) would be a direct democracy, but this hard to do with such a large and radically diverse nation. However, as many problems as this country has, you have to admit, we seem to be doing fairly well in the grand scheme of things.

Also, if you take to heart more than 5% of the things Michael Savage says, I'd be worried. The man actually wanted to use nuclear weapons in the Middle East a couple years back. Not "yeah, those guys are pricks, lets nuke 'em" but an actual desire to deploy nuclear weapons to the Sunni triangle.

Chips
PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 1:00 am  Reply with quote
Grand High Exalted Mystic Ruler
Grand High Exalted Mystic Ruler

Communism, in it's truest form, is a brilliant idea. Everyone works for everybody and everyone shares in everything. Of course we all know it never existed in that form due to man's greed. Someone always wanted a little more than the other guy. Eh...it was a nice thought.

Democracy is possibly the second best idea. However, if your country has a large percentage of uninformed, misdirected stupid people, Well, you can guess the outcome. A large number of people don't take it seriously enough and have no idea what's going on in the world of politics. It's truly a national shame.

The general public votes these losers into office and then we complain. It's the same greedy rich folk seeking power that we typically have to choose from. There's rarely a man of honor and character that you can truly believe in. This is what can go wrong with a democracy. I typically have to decide between the least of two evils...the one who'd do the least damage.

The only good game, is a fair game...
Why do we park on driveways and drive on parkways! George Carlin - 1937-2008

-[CfH]-Server Admin
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Mr. Happy
PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 1:21 am  Reply with quote
Forum Sniper
Forum Sniper

Had a current events course in college 15 years ago. The professor started the course with two basic rules that I have never forgotten:

1. Government is run by the people who have the most to lose by its failure (read: the richest citizens).

2. The masses are asses.

What other server let's you do stuff like this?? -Chips
-[CfH]-Server Admin