Chips' Fun House Forum Index

View next topic
View previous topic
Page 1 of 1
Chips' Fun House Forum Index  ~  Our Clubhouse - General Discussion  ~  Killer at college: Meningitis threatens students
Chips
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 6:34 pm  Reply with quote
Grand High Exalted Mystic Ruler

Since a good number of you are in or have just started college...the parent in me makes me want to spread this info. My youngest brother, twins with my little sis, contracted meningitis just after birth. His brain was severely damaged and his life was never the same. Read up...this is important info. Neutral

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/20519953/

The only good game, is a fair game...
Why do we park on driveways and drive on parkways! George Carlin - 1937-2008

-[CfH]-Server Admin
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Audhumla
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 9:11 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

eek! i was at a concert where someone allegedly caught meningitis in the mosh pit and my mom freaked out but everything turned out okay and it turned out she didnt even get it there but from her homeless boyfriend she was keeping secret from her parents

(dead)-[CfH]-Server Admin but--- because I could not stop for death, He kindly stopped for me
Demasu
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 9:18 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

It's pretty easy to tell if you have it. Just please don't freak out and flood the local ER. Please.

RL the ultimate roleplaying experience
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Chips
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 11:57 pm  Reply with quote

That's the point of the article Demasu...it isn't ALWAYS easy to tell. By the time your body is convered in a purplish rash familiar to this infection (not always prevalent)...it's almost always too late to reverse some potential damage. There are stories of someone going to bed not feeling to well, and being dead the next morning. Confused

This can move very fast and if not detected quickly, can be fatal. Rolling Eyes

Get vaccinated young ones. Twisted Evil

The only good game, is a fair game...
Why do we park on driveways and drive on parkways! George Carlin - 1937-2008

-[CfH]-Server Admin
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Demasu
PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 1:11 am  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

The neck is a very good indicator of it. Stiffness of it is in most of the cases. Like you can't bend it stiff, not just it's a little stiff because I slept on it wrong. Articles like that just usually cause mass panic about it while doing little to actually inform people properly. I had to search pretty far into that to get a good list of symptoms, and of those, most people are going to see the cold and flu part and freak out and go to the hospital. Yes it's dangerous, if you actually have it, but most people don't. Yeah, the vaccine isn't a bad thing to have, but articles like this just tend to cause a lot of panic and worry over things that don't need to be worried about. Hell, I've had a sore neck for ages now, and yeah, sure at the beginning I was worried for a sec that it might be meningitis, but then I thought about it, and it wasn't anywhere near bad enough for it, and thinking isn't something most people will do when they hear that it kills people.
</rant> Sorry 'bout that.

RL the ultimate roleplaying experience
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Valkyllias
PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 2:17 am  Reply with quote
Forum Sniper
Forum Sniper

It's okay Demasu, it's like talking about music to a music major(well, a good one anyway).

tiger
PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 3:29 am  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

Im actually kind of with demasu on this one. Articles like that irk me because they dont actually try to help but instead to just try and scare the bejeezes out of you. Numerous diseases take the lives of people every single day, but im not about to go get 5000 vaccinations because of it. Is meningitis dangerous, yes. However if you just look up real info on meningitis will you be able to spot it and not need to freak out because of an article like that, yes.

0:00:35 IsLeS PiPeS-[AF] HW NO CONC AIM - said over enemy team_chat about Yur_Mom 35 seconds into the match Very Happy
-[CfH]-Server Admin