Chips' Fun House Forum Index

View next topic
View previous topic
Page 1 of 1
Chips' Fun House Forum Index  ~  Our Clubhouse - General Discussion  ~  Your thoughts?
kibblesnbits
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 3:37 am  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

So I've decided to start a new diet to increase protein, and to just generally gain weight and muscle mass. so far what I've come up with is.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/pl/large.html

taking that 3 times a day, it would be with the 3 small meals of the day, basically including kiwi, peanuts, almonds, and milk these are the highest protein in the fruits, nuts class.

then along with that taking

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/abb/crea.html

to help with the work out 3 times a week.

My goal here is to gain about 30 lbs, to give a general Idea, I'm 5'9 and only at 130's it varies from 132-137. only problem I foresee is my high metabolism.

What are your thoughts on this?

edit: since tiger is a douche, I'll be eating a total of 5-6 meals a day, not just the 3 above.

Last edited by kibblesnbits on Wed Feb 06, 2008 9:51 am; edited 2 times in total

www.GuildWarsRealm.net GG site
tiger
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 3:42 am  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

ill switch metabolisms with you

0:00:35 IsLeS PiPeS-[AF] HW NO CONC AIM - said over enemy team_chat about Yur_Mom 35 seconds into the match Very Happy
-[CfH]-Server Admin
-SoldierBoy-
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 12:56 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

That stuff is absoulte crap. The best way to gain weight is to eat a lot of calories paired with excerise. The foods you listed in your post are a great idea, but don't forget about meat, which has a ton of protein that is more readily digested and absorbed. Try to stay away from McDonalds and such, instead go for a small peice of beef or chicken with a large serving of starch (rice, noodles) to help with working out.

Best of luck with whatever you try, let me know how it goes.

tiger
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 3:36 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

yeah meat gets put down alot for no good reason. just stick away from high fatty meats, especially god awful fast food. youre obviously going for budget supplements, but if youre wanting to get some go for something like these instead.

Twinlab Creatine

Gold Standard Whey Protein

0:00:35 IsLeS PiPeS-[AF] HW NO CONC AIM - said over enemy team_chat about Yur_Mom 35 seconds into the match Very Happy
-[CfH]-Server Admin
kibblesnbits
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 4:07 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

Yeah, but you see thats only 24g of protein a serving, where as the N-large is 50's I think 52 per serving. And the 10lbs tub is 87$ compared to Nlarge at 50$

you suck at finding stuff tiger Razz

I have a meeting with a Personal Trainer today, so we'll see what he thinks. then a gym membership and I should be on my way Razz

www.GuildWarsRealm.net GG site
CORRAN
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 6:48 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Soldier
Forum Soldier

Well, each body chemistry is different, so you may have to sample alot of diets until you find what works for you. I prefer to stay away from creatine, but your choice.

Here is the daily diet of the current Mr.Olympia:

Meal 1 15 egg whites, 2 whole eggs, 4 slices of Ezekial toast, 1 cup (dry) of Ezekial with one cup of coffee.

Meal 2 10 oz. steak with 2 cups of rice.

Pre-Workout 1 scoop of Cell-Tech.

Workout Train for an hour

Post-Workout 1 scoop of Cell-Tech with 3 scoops of Anator P70.

Meal 3 10 oz. of chicken with 4 cups of rice (cooked).

Meal 4 10 oz. of buffalo meat with 2 cups of rice.

Meal 5 10 oz. of turkey, one cup of Ezekial cereal and 2 slices of Ezekial bread.

Meal 6 3 scoops of Nitro-Tech and 4 slices of Ezekial bread.

Maybe you need something like this, minus all the scoops of chemicals and portions toned down, plus your 3 drinks of protein shakes???

Foxtrot
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 7:09 pm  Reply with quote
Forum HW
Forum HW

Kibbles, before you start can we have a before photo?

I've put on a bit of weight recently in an attempt to bulk up a little. I was weighing 60-65kgs for ages (I'm just under 6foot) and although I was fit I lacked muscle mass. I'm now 75kgs.

What I've been doing is going to the gym 3 times a week and really working the upper body a lot. I didn't include and heavy cardio in my routine because I was already fit enough and it just wastes your time and energy. At most I'd do a 10 minute jog on the treadmill to warm up before lifting weights for about 60-90 mins depending on how I was feeling.

As for diet... I'd have a litre of milk after every session at the gym. No supplements or protein powder included. I've tried that before and it really didn't do anything for me because my metabolism was so quick and it just flushed right out of me. Furthermore the morning after I went to the gym I'd make sure I had a good solid breakfast. Usually 3 eggs on toast with a sausage.

The other meals I just made sure that I had a lot of protein and carbs. It is just a case of eating a lot more good foods and eating them at the right times of the day. Generally I've been having dinner before I go to the gym but thats just a consequence of my schedule.

tiger
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 1:12 am  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

kibblesnbits wrote:
Yeah, but you see thats only 24g of protein a serving, where as the N-large is 50's I think 52 per serving. And the 10lbs tub is 87$ compared to Nlarge at 50$

you suck at finding stuff tiger Razz

I have a meeting with a Personal Trainer today, so we'll see what he thinks. then a gym membership and I should be on my way Razz

maybe if youd read more and not be stupid. its 52g of protein for 4 scoops for yours, the one i showed you has 24g for one scoop. so actually per serving, its 96 for your 52. and actually the one i showed is only 120g for the serving compared to your 150g per serving.

-[CfH]-Server Admin
Falcon
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 9:42 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

sounds like a good idea kibbs. I'm cursed w/ real good metabolism too so ur not the only one. Back in HS i lifted for a yr during gym, cause as a senior theres nothing else much to do during health class lol. It packed on a some lbs and muscle, just gotta get off my lazy butt and get back into it Razz

wtf tiger ya always make fun of me because of this and then ya dont say anything to kibbles, i hate u.

--- Pete + Sam + Dean = chevelle = teh greatest ---

-[CfH]-Server Admin
bird^
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 10:01 am  Reply with quote
Forum Soldier
Forum Soldier

Creatine is so bad for you. Don't use that stuff. Yeah you'll end up gaining weight but its mostly water weight and will just dissipate when you stop taking it. Plus that stuff is real unhealthy for you.