View next topic
View previous topic
Page 1 of 1
Chips' Fun House Forum Index  ~  Computers  ~  replacing dell laptop screen
tiger
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 2:08 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

i need to know today, whether or not you would be able to put a dell inspiron 2200 screen in the dell inspiron 1300 case. im not really finding anything. go go go!!!!

0:00:35 IsLeS PiPeS-[AF] HW NO CONC AIM - said over enemy team_chat about Yur_Mom 35 seconds into the match Very Happy
-[CfH]-Server Admin
Mr. Happy
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 2:37 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Sniper
Forum Sniper

Get a job!

What other server let's you do stuff like this?? -Chips
-[CfH]-Server Admin
tiger
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 3:03 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

i do have a job lol. but thanks for your input Very Happy

0:00:35 IsLeS PiPeS-[AF] HW NO CONC AIM - said over enemy team_chat about Yur_Mom 35 seconds into the match Very Happy
-[CfH]-Server Admin
The Crimson King
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 3:10 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

the only thing hindering it is the size of the screen. if the size of the screen in one case is the same as the size in the other, i don't see a problem.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Chips
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 8:12 pm  Reply with quote
Grand High Exalted Mystic Ruler

Don't research by laptop model...research by screen model or part number. I recently replaced the screen on my 6 year old laptop by pulling it out, finding the exact part number (toshiba screen in my HP laptop)...which in turn found a list of laptops it can be used in.

I got a second hand screen on Ebay for $37 and change. New, this same model was going for around $200.00. Shocked

The only good game, is a fair game...
Why do we park on driveways and drive on parkways! George Carlin - 1937-2008

-[CfH]-Server Admin
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Controlled Chaos
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 10:30 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

What Chips said. I have replaced a few with my buddy at his shop and its all about the part numbers of the screen itself. Some screens have inverters that will only work with one model of laptop and if you try to use a different screen it just wont work and you will get no video at all. I would say if you have more than newb understanding of computers you might be able to take your laptop apart to get the screen number and do a little research to find a compatible match for it. But i have to stress that they are no fun taking apart with a S*** load of small screws to keep track of and the risk of breaking something or damaging your current screen.

If you find out the model number of your screen shoot me a PM and I can see if my buddy has some in stock as he has about a dozen Dell screens at his shop.

Oh yea if you can't get your laptop apart don't take it to a computer shop and ask them to take it apart for you so YOU can do the repairs on it yourself and that you just wanted it taken apart....beacuse we will give it to you in multiple pieces in a box and tell you to have fun putting it back together. Cool

Forever Standing United!!!!

-[CfH]-Server Admin
Chips
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 10:56 pm  Reply with quote

By all means...make SURE you find a detailed repair manual online that details the removal and replacement. There were numerous steps that MUST be followed in a certain order...or you'll start breaking stuff.

For instance...there was a certain spot to start removing the bezel surrounding the screen...or you'll just snap it in pieces. These instructions should also include the removal of the inverter (something I replaced about a year before the screen). Mine had to have the keyboard removed as well to completely separate the lid from the main body. Certain screws are hidden...under rubber stops for instance. You must have detailed instructions. This is not something you can do without them.

Good points CC. Good Idea

-[CfH]-Server Admin
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
tiger
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 11:46 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

Yeah, on the dell website theres a web manual they give to removing and replacing almost everything in the computer including the display. I looked up her service tag from the site and it did give me a part number but im not entirely sure if it is a dell part number or the actual screen manufacturers number (QUANTA DISPLAY INCORPORATED KD145). And no ebay has not yielded anything lower than 140.

-[CfH]-Server Admin
Chips
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 11:51 pm  Reply with quote

I was extreeeeeemly lucky to get the price I got. I couldn't believe it actually. Again...my my used and was advertised as "a few pixels" not perfect. Turns out I couldn't find anything wrong with it.

You'd probably be lucky in the $100.00 to $150.00 range...replacement screens are unfortunately not cheap. Surprised

-[CfH]-Server Admin