Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Chips' Fun House Forum Index  ~  Our Clubhouse - General Discussion  ~  Anime
Chance!
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 5:36 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

Koopsta Knicca wrote:
Chance! wrote:
did you really think fate/stay night was that good koopsta? I found fate/stay night to be a fairly standard anime story. (it actually becomes somewhat funny after you've seen some screen shots from the h-game)
if you think so, there is a LOT of other anime out there you should consider(namely, the ones i listed for optic before).
My top suggestions are: (these are more similar to death note)
Monster (slow, but very interesting)
Code Geass (very interesting, downsides are mechs and only one season out yet)

Ones similar to fate/stay night:
Claymore
Read or Die

oh, one last quick note:
Neon Genesis Evangelion... i can't even get through this anime. At best I can laugh at it.

Yep, I thought it was super awesome. And everyone that I have recommended it to, loved it.

I've seen a crapload of anime, so that's saying a lot about Fate/Stay Night.

I'm not saying fate/stay night is bad, i'm just saying i didn't think it was quite what you are. but opinion's will differ between people.

-[CfH]-Server Admin
optic
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 7:58 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Scout
Forum Scout

Erm, none of those fate/stay night links are working anymore. It still takes me to the site but the videos arent there.

I was only up to episode 4 Crying or Very sad
Koopsta Knicca
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 9:21 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Medic
Forum Medic

ahh that sucks, I dont think there's any other good quality streaming sites out there that have it.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 10:29 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

torrent it, search fate stay night on isohunt and you'll get 2-3 decent results.

-[CfH]-Server Admin
optic
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 12:49 am  Reply with quote
Forum Scout
Forum Scout

I just finished watching the 2nd Karas, The Revelation. It was awesome, I've waited like a year for the sequel to Karas: The Prophecy. It's like a neo-futuristic samurai, demon slaying, realm crossing, blood fest of animated goodness.

Watch it!
Koopsta Knicca
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 7:40 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Medic
Forum Medic

cool I watched karas awhile ago. Imma download the 2nd one.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 12:21 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Scout
Forum Scout

optic wrote:
Awesome dude thanks for the link. I've actually been wanting to see Berserk for a while now. I heard it was REALLY bloody with lots of intense battles, I bet it's wicked. This guy I go to school with is supposed to bring me the entire series that he downloaded, but he's a flake and keeps "forgetting".
berserk is insane

karas is also very good, i watched the first DVD, going to try to download the revelation

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 6:18 pm  Reply with quote
Forum HW
Forum HW

welllllll im a lil late getting into this thread but i guess ill put in my 2 (more like 100 lol) cents.

going from my name Kyubi, im a huge fan of Naruto n i prob always will be. optic, when you said Naruto is childish are you talking about the japanese version or the english one? if its the english... then you are absolutely correct as the english version has killed the good name of Naruto. but otherwise it can get pretty serious at times. -- main reason i like this particular anime so much is because i was literally watching it from the beginning. i remember sitting around waiting for ppl to sub the 3rd episode of it like 5 years ago. sadly, the quality of it and the near 100-episode of filler have killed it. its simply not the same anime it used to be, they take WAY too much time to go through things... just drawing them out for absolutely no reason and overall the quality of the show has gone down. but ive been a diehard fan too long to give it up, and the story is really whats had me hooked, but i can understand why ppl dont like it.

naruto aside, bleach is ok. i got into it around ep 63... right around where they broke off into fillers.. and i got hooked into it and had to sit through the fillers right away lol. but i like it so ill stick with it the whole way. ive heard mixed reviews about it... some ppl really liking it and some thinking its crap. i think its pretty good, but its in the same boat as naruto in terms of quality.

I agree, Death Note is definitely a must see for anyone that likes anime. 10/10 i was completely hooked by the 3rd ep and it just kept getting better.

Cowboy Bebop, FMA, Wolfs Rain, Ninja Scroll and Trinity Blood are the only ones ive seen out of that first post optic although ive seen prob 80% of samurai champloo on adult swim.. just never saw the ending. theyre all pretty good. im usually not content with endings tho... and i didnt really like the endings of any of them lol. great shows... just bad endings. and honestly dude there was a time before naruto where inuyasha was my fav anime, im just pissed that its been like 4 years since they ended it and SAID they would finish it but they never did. such a waste...

going down the other lists of animes in this thread.. ive actually never seen Last Exile, Gankutsuou, Fate/Stay Night, or Berserk. last exile i believe i watched like 1 ep of it with a friend like 3-4 years ago and didnt think it was anything special but ill look into it. as of the next 2 ive never actually even heard of them but ill look them up too. i actually WANTED to get into berserk a long time ago before i used torrents to get animes, and at best at the time i could only find the first 2 episodes of it so i just gave up.

Trigun and Outlaw Star are honestly the only animes i think i can say i like the dubbed-english voice actors better than the japanese ones... very rare, but they did an amazing job with them.

going more down the list....... Noir i actually caught about 11 episodes that i watched one after another in one spree and i had to wait to dl the others and there were problems with them... so i just never cared. as i was watching it i thought it was pretty good but yea i agree with chance that it was pretty slow. Hellsing is a must see as its only 12 episodes, and its just a great vampire anime with pretty good action. theres actually some OVA's out on it i think... or it was a movie..... i cant remember which but what i saw went through like the first 6 eps and put a slightly little twist on things... including some pretty cool re-done and more gruesome fight scenes.

Code Geass was actually the anime i saw before Death Note which sortof made me like Death Note more. main character has aspirations in scale with that of Light... and he has a unique power in how he goes about it. Lots of mind games.. similar and sort of un-similar to death note.. but i agree its def a great anime.

and yea yur right chance lol, only things ive seen of Read Or Die were the OVA's... never cared enough to check out the real series but the OVA's were pretty cool and easy to get since there were only 3 of them.

FLCL was a kickass short anime, completely random which kept it funny. only anime i know of that came close (actually... MORE random) was Excel Saga. i cant remember if i saw the whole series or not or just bits and pieces... but i remember wondering wtf was happening at every given moment in every episode hahaha.

Ahhh Neon Genisis Evangelion..... took me about 5 years to actually sit down and watch the whole series, and though its claimed to be the start and basis of a lot of animes.. yeaaaa just wasnt all that interesting to me. they actually have 3 movies out for it which were supposed to answer a lot of the questions for the series... yeaaa i saw all 3 and im still kinda confused.

Going with gill on this one, Appleseed was an AMAZING movie... def a must see. Cowboy Bebop the movie was.... like the normal anime lol.. i remember liking it but not thinking it was anything really special.

Ghost in the Shell...... god i really wish i could have "watched" this movie.. 3 separate occasions i put this movie in with a friend at night... and each time i fell asleep half way through... i just wasnt interested enough in it. i was younger then though and didnt understand a lot of what was going on and its a pretty serious movie... maybe ill give it another shot. after watching a lot of the eps of the "Stand Alone Complex", the second series of the show, i hope i would understand it better now. and the Tenchi movie was just too long ago for me to really remember it... it was back when the show was being aired on cartoon network and i was in like 6th or 7th grade i think.. so i dont remember it much.

never even heard of Karas... but ill look that up too from your guys' recommendation of it.

lol but am i the only one here who likes Mechs? i got hooked into them back from Gundam Wing which i thought was an amazingly good show and have liked most of the gundam shows that have come since then. from that, as of right now theyre actually up to the 6th episode of the new gundam series out now called Gundam 00 which is turning out to be a really good one imo... but thats only if u like mechs i guess.

besides Gundam 00, im currently watching Dragonaut: The Resonance, and Blue Drop. dragonaut is so-so... im currently deciding if i really like it or not... its kinda cheesy involving dragons that are aliens from a distant planet... and the dragons are actually sort-of mechs that pilots called dragonauts ride around in.... its kinda weird but o well. and blue drop seems interesting enough.. but they havent really developed the story a whole lot yet, but the way its going i think theres a lot still left to explain so ill give it a shot.

OKAY im done with my rambling...... daamn i just spent an hour and a half writing this but considering i created a thread just like this 3-4 years ago and it was just brushed off to the side, i had to add in my thoughts since this one has gone so far already lol...... and so im off to go play assassins creed again. lata

-[CfH]-Server Admin
Chance!
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 6:51 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

i just got done watching a killer anime that i strongly suggest to you guys.
Name: Higurashi no naku koro ni
Its mystery/suspense/horror

-[CfH]-Server Admin
-SoldierBoy-
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 8:25 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

Chance! wrote:

I've watched/have the entire first season, and loved it. This is saying something as I'm not much of an anime fan, but damn, the series was good.

Chance!
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 8:36 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

yeah, i haven't watched the second season, which is still coming out, but it is very good.

-[CfH]-Server Admin
sean
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 2:52 am  Reply with quote
Forum Scout
Forum Scout

sorry for the 2 month old bump (not sure if it's allowed or not, didn't see it in the rules section)

but if anybody wants to see animes, this website has a ton of animes you can see

http://animethat.com

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 3:16 am  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

-SoldierBoy- wrote:
Chance! wrote:

I've watched/have the entire first season, and loved it. This is saying something as I'm not much of an anime fan, but damn, the series was good.

I remember when you had your avatar with one of the scenes from it.

P.S. I just finished Higurashi tonight.

-[CfH]-Server Admin
Howling Man is 1337
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 11:51 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Soldier
Forum Soldier

cowboy bebop > all

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Chance!
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 12:51 am  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

Howling Man is 1337 wrote:
cowboy bebop > all

its good, but you won't be able to say that after seeing some better series =/

-[CfH]-Server Admin