Chips' Fun House Forum Index

View next topic
View previous topic
Page 1 of 1
Chips' Fun House Forum Index  ~  Questions, Suggestions and Recommendations  ~  G4B2S Ventrilo Info - IMPORTANT NEWS
Toughsox
PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 8:30 am  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

As some of you are aware, especially our CTF and ADL teams, Guns 4 Back 2 School gladly allowed CFH members to use their Ventrilo channels. (Same would hold true for any new FF and TF2 clans)
Apparently, NRG, the hosting site to many Ventrilo servers, basically shut down in the middle of the night and ran off with quite a bit of $$$$$

Quote:
As many of you are aware, today, our Ventrilo service was terminated due to reasons beyond our control. The group which we contracted our service through, NRGServers, had their Ventrilo License terminated by the company which develops Ventrilo. More information can be found at this link:

http://ventrilo.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22555

Guns4Back2School Gaming always enjoyed a good relationship with NRGServers since we began service with them in September of 2005. After nearly two years of month-to-month service, we entered into a contract for a one-year hosting package in July 2007. In my opinion, we had enjoyed superior service from NRGServers with little downtime and good customer service. Unfortunately, as per the above linked forum topic describes, the roses were not as red.

Tonight, I contacted Paypal through a Dispute Claim in the amount of service which was not rendered (9.5 months approximately). Unfortunately again, Paypal does not protect users under these types of situations (in which the Claim is for SERVICE and it is more than 45 days after payment) unless many people file claims, which I believe is currently happening.

As for us having a Ventrilo host, we are currently searching for a hosting company which will fulfill our needs as a community for a reasonable price. Most of all, I would like to extend an apology to the community - the funds that were used to enter into this annual contract were purely donator funds. Though they were not misused in anyway by our staff, I am still responsuble for it's use. I am hopeful for a payment reversal from Paypal Inc. and assure you that we will replace our Ventrilo server as soon as humanly possible.

Thus, while the G4B2S Vent is currently down, we are actively seeking out a new hosting company.......we have an Admin meeting later tonight and I hope to have some further info for everyone in time for any new matches that come up.

Once its up and running, I will make whatever channels are needed for everyone here. Cool

Dont mistake my kindness as a sign of weakness!!!!
Offense doesn't win matches.......big friggin' guns do !!! Ole' Painless FTW !!!
-[CfH]-Server Admin
tiger
PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 12:54 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

well we still have the lock it up vent for now till then

0:00:35 IsLeS PiPeS-[AF] HW NO CONC AIM - said over enemy team_chat about Yur_Mom 35 seconds into the match Very Happy
-[CfH]-Server Admin
Dinosaur Gas
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 11:37 am  Reply with quote
Forum Scout
Forum Scout

If you guys need to use a vent, CLT is willing to donate theirs for your matches. Very Happy

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Toughsox
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 6:41 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

Dino-Gas FTW !!!! Good Idea

Dont mistake my kindness as a sign of weakness!!!!
Offense doesn't win matches.......big friggin' guns do !!! Ole' Painless FTW !!!
-[CfH]-Server Admin