Chips' Fun House Forum Index

View next topic
View previous topic
Page 1 of 2
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Chips' Fun House Forum Index  ~  Our Clubhouse - General Discussion  ~  I'm sick
optic
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 10:06 am  Reply with quote
Forum Scout
Forum Scout

I'm usually just sick in the head, but now my body is too.

I have like a cold/flu thing going on, with lots of congestion, sore throat, coughing, headache, watery/scratchy eyes, and a mild fever that comes and goes. I went to the doctor (mainly trying to get some codeine for my cough... man I love that stuff) but that jackass just told me to take over the counter crap and "get lots of rest". Pshh, I can't rest, I got stuff to do, man! So as of right now, I've been overloading on vitamin C and taking Tylenol Server Cold & Flu, also going through Halls cough drops like candy.

Does anyone have any home remedies? Even really crazy sounding ones. I'll try anything, I feel like crap in a blender and it's only getting worse. I cant miss class or work right now so I just drag my sick ass around all day wishing I was dead. My roomates aren't any help at all. They either tell me to "Get the hell away, you're gonna get me sick too" or something like "tough it out you pansy, it's not like you have cancer".

Please help Crying or Very sad
-SoldierBoy-
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 10:12 am  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

I just load up on cold and flu medicine. You still might be sick, but you dont feel as bad. Oh, also try those nasal mist things, they clear your head for like 10 hours.

tiger
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 12:10 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

however dont use the nasal sprays for very long, i think its 2-3 days max. your nose can get dependent upon them. i dont know of any "home remedies" but i googled this for ya http://www.home-remedies-for-you.com/remedy/Influenza.html

0:00:35 IsLeS PiPeS-[AF] HW NO CONC AIM - said over enemy team_chat about Yur_Mom 35 seconds into the match Very Happy
-[CfH]-Server Admin
Chips
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 12:35 pm  Reply with quote
Grand High Exalted Mystic Ruler
Grand High Exalted Mystic Ruler

I was addicted to the nasal sprays for around 10 years...haven't touched one in 5 or 6 years now. They are VERY addicting.

I put a drop of Vicks just under my nose when I'm feeling stuffy. Good Idea

The only good game, is a fair game...
Why do we park on driveways and drive on parkways! George Carlin - 1937-2008

-[CfH]-Server Admin
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
The Crimson King
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 2:09 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

there's this stuff out called Airborne. it's really just a vitamin supplement, but it'll really shorten the length of the cold. i swear by it, especially when i go on vacation or something. the moment you feel a cold coming on, you take one, and then another 12 hours later, and the cold wont be nearly as bad. it also helps getting over one really quick, if you take one every few hours. it works like an alka-seltzer, and it tastes nasty. (orange flavor ftl)

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Demasu
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 4:57 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

Robitussin(I know, tastes like crap, but the DM stuff works like a charm), the real Sudafed, not the new crap, the one that has pseudoephedrine in it, and fluids and rest. Possibly Benadryl too. That should help it, but don't take too much of any of them, take 50mg of benadryl(as long as it isn't over your limit for the day) to get to sleep a little more easily.

RL the ultimate roleplaying experience
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
StaR
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 12:42 am  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

http://www1.istockphoto.com/file_thumbview_approve/1225303/2/istockphoto_1225303_chicken_soup.jpg

Pretty Self Explanatory.
Sucks that Imageshack isn't working.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 1:21 am  Reply with quote
Forum HW
Forum HW

Chips wrote:
I put a drop of Vicks just under my nose when I'm feeling stuffy. Good Idea

Have this stuff on your body at all times. It seeps right into your chest and clears stuff up. Furthermore the scent really clears up the nose.

I've had a pretty bad flu for the last 3 months which comes and goes. Vicks is the only thing that really made any difference. Alot of the cold and flu medicine didn't do anything for me.

Other than that, ibuprofen is great for getting a clearer head.

Audhumla
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 1:43 am  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

Demasu wrote:
Robitussin(I know, tastes like crap, but the DM stuff works like a charm), the real Sudafed, not the new crap, the one that has pseudoephedrine in it, and fluids and rest. Possibly Benadryl too. That should help it, but don't take too much of any of them, take 50mg of benadryl(as long as it isn't over your limit for the day) to get to sleep a little more easily.

gelcaps are the best way to take robotussin for purposes both cough related and purposes more recreational

(dead)-[CfH]-Server Admin but--- because I could not stop for death, He kindly stopped for me
optic
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 11:33 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Scout
Forum Scout

Booyah Good Idea

I KNEW I had some vics vaporub around the house somewhere and I found it yesterday, I've been keeping it in my pocket for the last 48 hours. It's a godsend, I can't believe how well this stuff works. I'm really not one to get sick, like ever, so I'm pretty clueless about uhhh... everything relating to feeling better when sick. Also I went out and bought those airborne tablets since someone else had mentioned them as well, I know it says to take them when you first feel sick, but I went a head and took one anyways. Good to have though so if I ever feel a cold or something coming on again I'll be able to take one right away. I thought they were going to taste terrible but it wasn't bad at all, just a bit chalky.

Anyways, thanks for all the help and suggestions from everyone. I'm actaully feeling much better now. Still taking some otc cold pills and keeping the vics handy but I'm definitly getting better. It's funny how you never stop and realize how grateful you should be for having good health untill you dont!

Last edited by optic on Sat Oct 13, 2007 5:11 am; edited 1 time in total
-SoldierBoy-
PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 12:38 am  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

Wth, you guys get hooked on nasal spray? How does that happen?

Demasu
PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 3:03 am  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

It's easy. Ever take afrin? Like how it makes you able to breathe? Well, you're only supposed to take it once every 12 hours, and only for 2-3 days, then you have to take a break for a while. If I had constant allergy problems, that'd kill me.

RL the ultimate roleplaying experience
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
optic
PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 4:52 am  Reply with quote
Forum Scout
Forum Scout

My brother has that same problem with Afrin, and he's been taking that stuff probably 5+ times a day now for over 2 years. He has constant allergies and can never breathe out of his nose. He started using it just a little at first so he could breathe better, but now he's like addicted to the stuff. It's actually damaged his sense of smell some too. I'm sure its doing horrible damage to his nasal cavities. I keep telling him to get some damn allergy meds from the doctor to help him out, but he just wont listen because the nose spray helps, regardless of what it might be doing to him in the long run.
Wahoo
PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 9:04 am  Reply with quote
Forum Soldier
Forum Soldier

have you tried lemsip? I was off sick with a cold recently and drinking that stuff did the trick for me.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 12:12 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

ive got the worlds worst sore throat and cough and im contemplating taking this whole bottle of robotussin gelcaps (i had planned to if i was feeling good) thinking that if the medicinal dose helps a cough, the recreational dose will also help the cough as well as having additional effects but due to the possibility of vomiting i am not going to since vomiting with a sore throat would be hell, despite the heaven that might come after

(dead)-[CfH]-Server Admin but--- because I could not stop for death, He kindly stopped for me