Chips' Fun House Forum Index

View next topic
View previous topic
Page 2 of 4
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Chips' Fun House Forum Index  ~  General Server Notices  ~  Which Mod Would You Like to See a Server For?

Which Mod Would You Like to See a Server For?
Fortress Forever
41%
 41%  [ 15 ]
Team Fortress 2
41%
 41%  [ 15 ]
HL2 isn't my cup of tea
8%
 8%  [ 3 ]
HL2 won't run on my machine
8%
 8%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 36

sKibbles
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 9:30 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Medic
Forum Medic

Nor mine.

Torturedevice
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 11:59 am  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

I agree that it isn't practical to run a FF server or tf2 server at this point with so few people. Time will tell whether the masses are even going to be playing these two games. Half life is long gone in a lot of people's minds, even with the addition of the HL2 engine, etc. To be perfectly honest I'm not surprised that there is a low response for both of these games. They took far too long in releasing both games, and by that time I'm sure a lot of people had given up and moved on to other things. I mean die hard tfc players like me have been waiting for these games since like what...2001?(can't remember exactly). Every year they delivered nothing but empty promises about release dates and such and I think it's total bs. I love FF and it sucks because they probably lost a lot of die-hard fans because they waited too long. I mean FF is third party but still I mean my friend programmed a hl-mod by himself that was for a short time quite successful, I don't see why this was such a big hassle for them.
Chips
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 6:56 pm  Reply with quote
Grand High Exalted Mystic Ruler

In closing...I certainly expected a better showing than this. What it tells me is exactly 20 of us are playing HL2 mods...wow, just wow. Shocked

I certainly thought more would be taking a look at the next gen of TFC...either in TF2 or FF. I seems as though there's only 20-30 active posters here in our forums as well. The future at the moment ain't lookin to bright. Sad

Our future...exactly what will that be Question
It's apparent...at least this early...that we won't become any type of cohesive HL2 community. Nor will many of us be playing together much...say, six months down the road.

Do we just die out like TFC eventually will?
--- OR ---
Do we convert ourselves to a general gaming community covering any and all games we play as a simple means of keeping in touch?

Thoughts Question

The only good game, is a fair game...
Why do we park on driveways and drive on parkways! George Carlin - 1937-2008

-[CfH]-Server Admin
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Audhumla
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 7:03 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

of those two options the second is better i love y'all

(dead)-[CfH]-Server Admin but--- because I could not stop for death, He kindly stopped for me
The Crimson King
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 7:06 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

Audhumla wrote:
of those two options the second is better i love y'all

i really agree. this is like my second family here.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Chance!
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 7:31 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

i see no reason why we'd die out as a community.
a lot of us have each other on friend lists(steam and/or xfire) and will join each other playing games.
I'd like to see us set up a community in one of the hl2 games, but that seems like it will split our community. It'd be really cool if we could even get in both.

-[CfH]-Server Admin
sean
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 7:40 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Scout
Forum Scout

it'd suck to see the community die, like everyone else asid, #2 all the way

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 10:32 am  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

Chips wrote:
Do we just die out like TFC eventually will?

You'll have to ban me from the forums first.

Chips
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 12:12 pm  Reply with quote

-SoldierBoy- wrote:
You'll have to ban me from the forums first.

Done. Surprised

Just kidding. Laughing

What I was getting at was this...our TFC server has pretty much been a group conference call with some gaming in the background. Leaving mics open for all made chatting with your buds kinda easy. Many of us played more often...certainly more than most do now. It was more a social event...sometimes, I'd connect and sit in spec just to talk to who's there with no intention of playing. Cool

Few post on our forums now...many that do (or did) tell me it's the spammers, off topic posts etc. that has led to them to not bother reading anything here any more, taking away a great medium for us all to stay in touch.

If we won't be chatting to each other on the server or communicating here in the forums...what is it that we need to do to liven things up around here and bring back some form of "larger" community like we had Question

The newer folks may be miffed...but it was quite lively around here not all that long ago. Remember the "I Miss..." thread? Many of those peeps are the ones that made this place jump, brought the excitment and the sillyness that we were know for.

We were built around TFC and sillyness (to a point Laughing )...and as TFC dies out, I'd just hate to see that happen to us as a whole. Again, it doesn't seem like any HL2 mods will be our rallying point going forward. I'm just concerned for our future. When TFC is finally gone...all we'll be is silly. Confused

-[CfH]-Server Admin
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
sKibbles
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 9:39 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Medic
Forum Medic

Well, I see no reason for the core group to die out, but I think the longer we wait to make a decision on one mod or the other, the harder it will become to get those people to stay.

For example, If there was a Chips TF2 server, I would be in there every single night of the week! But there's not. So I'm finding myself scavanging the server list, looking for a decent sounding server.

And eventually, I am going to find one somewhere that I like.. and I'll stick around there...

See what I'm getting at?

I'd always make time for a Chips server, it's far and away my first choice. If I ever see some of you guys on my friends list playing, I try to join that game right away.

But the lack of a consistant place to play is going to send many people out in search of one.

And on the technical side, I dont know anything about this, but lately when I've joined some servers I've had to download some admin modifications, or some custom mods or things like that. So they're out there at least in some capacity. Though, In my 20 or 30 hours of TF2, I haven't really had any trouble with assholes that needed to be kicked. Which is pretty amazing.

Chips
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 11:39 pm  Reply with quote

As much as I currently dislike TF2...I'd run a server for the community if there was greater interest. You can see from the poll results that we'd have roughly 12 people playing...not near enough to support a server. That would include funding by the way.

Most of the CfH'ers are playing on the G4B2S server...Toughy is an admin in that group. I would suggest for the time being...that the TF2'ers gather there. At least we'd all be in one place for now.

The FF 1.1 patch just came out and I'm tweaking my home server to run that. Although, there doesn't appear to much interest in playing that either. Sad

I have set up a TF2 server on my home connection as well. But, given the choice between the two...I'd rather play FF. Wink

-[CfH]-Server Admin
Torturedevice
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 2:16 am  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

Yeah it would be cool if there was a dedicated server of chips for either tf2 of FF but quite frankly it seems selfish of all us to expect chips to put up a server for all of us, especially with the low turn-out. I like the idea of us keeping in touch as a general gaming community, and while I admit that I would love to have a regular server to play FF or tf2 on, I don't really see it happening. I'd love to play, but pubbing on random servers with people I don't know just isn't as fun, ever.
Valkyllias
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 2:57 am  Reply with quote
Forum Sniper
Forum Sniper

I've only been on these forums for about 6 months, and I've made so many new friends that I love talking to and playing with, no matter what the game, and I wouldn't give that up for anything, except maybe pet T-rex, that'd be pretty sweet...

Anyway. Although I do agree with Skibbles about getting the people that haev the game to stay, I think the more time goes on the more people are going to be playing the game. I know most people here that will get it have it already, but it's been out for 3 weeks if you count the Beta. Maybe give it a little more time, I know at first I didn't like TF2 that much, but now I love it.

Chips
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 7:42 am  Reply with quote

TF2 requires "extrordinary" teamwork to succeed...you simply can't without it. I give credit to Valve for building a game that seems to be rather balanced and "requires" this kind of teamwork. When was the last time your saw coordination like that on a pub Question

I must say, I have enjoyed a few rounds playing with G-Baby and Toughy...playing medic and just following them around to help out the team. I do like playing medic. Cool

But....I miss my nades. Sad
I can't tell you how many times I've hit ny normal nade buttons...only to have nothing happen. Laughing
Moreover...whichever of these mods you like...the fact is, there's very few of us playing ANY HL2 mods. Even if you combine those that will be playing FF with those that will be playing TF2...it's a rather small number comparative to our overall community numbers. I can maybe see a few more around here either picking it up or getting it (Orange Box) for the holiday approaching. Our overall numbers at that time will still be small.

FF actually runs better on my machine than TF2...dunno why cause most say it's the exact opposite for them. I can tell you it wasn't like that initially...but it seems to have made friends with my system now and they play nice together. Very Happy

Think you can't run one of these on your crappy machine... Question
My specs on my 5 year old rig:
P4 2.26
512 ram
ATI AIW Pro 9800...only running at AGP 4x cause that's all my system board supports.

If I can run these...most of you should be able to as well. Cool

-[CfH]-Server Admin
tiger
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 11:31 am  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

yeah i just realized that im nto able to play with AGP enabled because my system board cant handle it i suppose. praps thats why my video card sucks so bad, because my mobo wont allow agp?

0:00:35 IsLeS PiPeS-[AF] HW NO CONC AIM - said over enemy team_chat about Yur_Mom 35 seconds into the match Very Happy
-[CfH]-Server Admin