Chips' Fun House Forum Index

View next topic
View previous topic
Page 3 of 5
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Chips' Fun House Forum Index  ~  TF2 - Team Fortress 2  ~  -[CfH]- Team Fortress 2 team

Match days
Monday
7%
 7%  [ 1 ]
Tuesday
7%
 7%  [ 1 ]
Wednesday
61%
 61%  [ 8 ]
Thursday
7%
 7%  [ 1 ]
Sunday
15%
 15%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 13

G-Baby
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 12:59 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Soldier
Forum Soldier

What do you guys think about having a ally/scrimmage team? Two teams I've already considered are Knights of the Harsh Realm (KHR) or Dinosaur Gas' Chamber League Team -CLT-.

edit: So far I've sent a private message to Dinosaur Gas on thecatacombs forums. We'll hash out the same details like what time on Wednesdays we should scrimmage....or any day for that matter
Yur_Mom
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 4:50 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Medic
Forum Medic

You know I'm game. I still don't know what I'd play. I'm leaning towards engy or sniper.
Toughsox
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 6:19 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

I havent gamed much since eith TF2 or FF came out but Im game whenever you say the word. Good Idea Good Idea

Dont mistake my kindness as a sign of weakness!!!!
Offense doesn't win matches.......big friggin' guns do !!! Ole' Painless FTW !!!
-[CfH]-Server Admin
Bonsai
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 7:38 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Sniper
Forum Sniper

what is the normal tf2 server ip??

-[CfH]-Server Admin
sKibbles
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 8:29 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Medic
Forum Medic

I upgraded my computer recently, and I've had absolutely no troubles with TF2 since then. In fact it runs really smooth and i love the gameplay.

It gets more fun the more I play it.

I'd love to join up for a team, or even just play with a few of you guys.

Chips
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 7:06 am  Reply with quote
Grand High Exalted Mystic Ruler
Grand High Exalted Mystic Ruler

Bonsai wrote:
what is the normal tf2 server ip??

We don't currently have one. Razz

The only good game, is a fair game...
Why do we park on driveways and drive on parkways! George Carlin - 1937-2008

-[CfH]-Server Admin
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
G-Baby
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 7:59 am  Reply with quote
Forum Soldier
Forum Soldier

sKibbles wrote:
I upgraded my computer recently, and I've had absolutely no troubles with TF2 since then. In fact it runs really smooth and i love the gameplay.

It gets more fun the more I play it.

I'd love to join up for a team, or even just play with a few of you guys.

Yeah no problem man, once again I get in late this upcoming weds.
G-Baby
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 4:12 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Soldier
Forum Soldier

Well, everyone I've been thinking a lot. Currently I think the right direction for us would be to become a scrimmage team for the mean while. I'm saying this, because I will be deploying sometime around the middle/end of October and won't be back till about late December or early Janurary. The lack of leadership will be key in actually league matches. That being said I will make a post on thecatacombs forums in the TF2 section asking specifically to Dinosaur Gas' Chamber League Team or Knights of the Harsh Realm if we could scrim them before matches or an associated time. Building an alliance like that would be beneficial for both teams as they learn, adapt, and give advice to one another.

Another topic that I wanted to discuss is the element of having players on the team that aren't really associated with CfH. With this being a new game sometimes it is ideal to have a fresh start. It all depends on the availability for playing TF2 for our current CfH community. Players I had in mind are mostly from [VOO], like Ooter, LoSi, Jiymd, etc... Other players might be considered confrontational like Mearacolo and Rebs. Both I consider good in nature...both made mistakes. However it is a new game, and they are loyal to me.

I also wanted to see anybody opinion on having a team name? For example like our team name is Owning While Intoxicated. So our in-game name would look like: (-oWi-) G-Baby.tC^-[CfH]-. Hopefully you get the picture, or would like to see just -[CfH]- please place your opinion on this matter.

Thinking outside the box, I would love to see a permenant CfH server. This can't be all on Chips. If there is enough general interest perhaps we could start up donations for it? Brings me back to thinking why Chips Fun House was created in the first place. STEAM was taking over WON, and the server a lot of you old-timers played at did not switch over to STEAM losing out to a larger playing field. Team Fortress 2 will be huge compared to FF. Please feel free to touch on any of these topics. I'll appreciate any advice.
-SoldierBoy-
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 4:37 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

I really wouldnt mind throwing a few dollars towards a TF2 server, because the only thing about the game that sucks is I don't have a normal place to play. If we bring in outside players, having a new team name wouldnt be a bad thing, but if its all/huge majority CFH, we should keep our tag.

jum
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 7:20 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Medic
Forum Medic

G-Baby wrote:
Players I had in mind are mostly from [VOO], like Ooter, LoSi, Jiymd, etc... Other players might be considered confrontational like Mearacolo and Rebs. Both I consider good in nature...both made mistakes. However it is a new game, and they are loyal to me.

I was under the impression that he doesn't have TF2 and that his computer wouldn't run it anyway. I could be wrong. If you let him join, I don't think you'd be able to use CfH, because I can't see Chips letting mear where a -[CfH]- tag.
Chance!
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 7:44 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

jum wrote:
G-Baby wrote:
Players I had in mind are mostly from [VOO], like Ooter, LoSi, Jiymd, etc... Other players might be considered confrontational like Mearacolo and Rebs. Both I consider good in nature...both made mistakes. However it is a new game, and they are loyal to me.

I was under the impression that he doesn't have TF2 and that his computer wouldn't run it anyway. I could be wrong. If you let him join, I don't think you'd be able to use CfH, because I can't see Chips letting mear where a -[CfH]- tag.

I believe atleast part of the reason G offered the second tag, is that those who are not in the clan can wear that tag without wearing the cfh tag. Those in CfH can wear their tag along with a second, while those without can just wear the second tag.

In any case, i'm all for everything G said.

-[CfH]-Server Admin
G-Baby
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 10:55 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Soldier
Forum Soldier

Exactly Chance, thanks for that input. So big picture is that people will still have to earn their -[CfH]- tag,
jum
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 12:49 am  Reply with quote
Forum Medic
Forum Medic

Oh, I just misunderstood what G-Baby meant. I thought he was being wacky and saying that you'd have two tags for the clan, that oWi thingy and CfH. Which is just silly.

On a different note, if you recruit OoteR/LoSi, name the clan TeH.
Toughsox
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 12:55 am  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

I agree with what G is saying about needing some time for all this. Personally, Im still waiting till the 10th to see what great new revelations TF2 might become, for as it stands now, I honestly dont see it being half as fun as TFC was. Sure, they were both unrealistic in appearance, but I still cant get past the similiarities to The Incredibles and thus far, I havent taken this game seriously one bit. My mind may change as I get a bit more trigger time in to it, but so far, Im just not feeling it.

Dont mistake my kindness as a sign of weakness!!!!
Offense doesn't win matches.......big friggin' guns do !!! Ole' Painless FTW !!!
-[CfH]-Server Admin
Audhumla
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 1:34 am  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

you need to mow down 9 people while invulnerable while your character starts to laugh and then scream when he catches on fire and then you will be happy.

also -- I know this sets a bad precedent, but if we're doing anything tomorrow, I won't be able to make it since it's my friend's (Ironchef_Us for anyone who remembers) birthday and I'm doin stuff with him

(dead)-[CfH]-Server Admin but--- because I could not stop for death, He kindly stopped for me