Chips' Fun House Forum Index

View next topic
View previous topic
Page 3 of 4
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Chips' Fun House Forum Index  ~  TF2 - Team Fortress 2  ~  UNLCOKGNI THIS RIGHT NOW
kibblesnbits
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 9:26 am  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

I dont agree with you there toughy; I think this game will have great competitive gameplay (Granted it'll take a little bit for some clans to start forming and for it to take effect).

This game requires team work for you to make steady progress. not a single medic going into a room and DM'ing everyone. The team work needed in this game will prove to have some very different leaguing, and In my opinion fun.

www.GuildWarsRealm.net GG site
Chips
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 9:41 am  Reply with quote
Grand High Exalted Mystic Ruler

You're gonna rip all your hair out while you're waiting to spawn and you sit there helplessly watching the opposition destroying everything in your flag room. Bad Idea

True...I only played one map, 2fort, and I didn't like it. Many have said the ADL style maps are where the fun's at...I'll try one of them later this evening. IF this turns out to be the case...I just may run a server with those maps only...few as they may be at this point. Neutral

The only good game, is a fair game...
Why do we park on driveways and drive on parkways! George Carlin - 1937-2008

-[CfH]-Server Admin
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
kibblesnbits
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 9:52 am  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

Agian thats why its important for team work to be a major role. Setup an engi, hw, and medic in FR and you're good to go for a while. Have you used a Engi yet? The dispenser also heals Very Happy its quite nice.

Chips
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 10:47 am  Reply with quote

The "team" aspect is what got me into TFC to begin with. As little as I saw...no one was really trying to get through to the other base. Our team eventually won 1-0. Do you have co-operation on pub servers now? Hell no. Razz

Again, I need to be fair and try other maps and classes. I've only played soldier...an "offensive" class according to the TF2 powers that be. Confused

The only good game, is a fair game...
Why do we park on driveways and drive on parkways! George Carlin - 1937-2008

-[CfH]-Server Admin
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
-SoldierBoy-
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 11:05 am  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

Chips wrote:
The "team" aspect is what got me into TFC to begin with. As little as I saw...no one was really trying to get through to the other base. Our team eventually won 1-0. Do you have co-operation on pub servers now? Hell no. Razz

Again, I need to be fair and try other maps and classes. I've only played soldier...an "offensive" class according to the TF2 powers that be. Confused

I agree, but with a consistent group of players, like we have for TFC, more teamwork and gameplay will become standard. As it is now, many people playing TF2 haven't played TFC in a while, if at all. Offense must have teamwork to be effective, so its going to be slow at first. Its well worth the wait.

Chance!
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 2:11 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

After playing extensively yesterday, it is EASY to see why "Sudden Death" happens - because defense is over powered. And sudden death is a test of who can wait the other out... people just play medic/hw, sniper, or engi if they are smart enough to see it coming.
TF2 will require much more teamwork for it to work right, and honestly, I don't see competitive play being fun. Wait times not consistent (sometimes 20 seconds sometimes 5 seconds), overpowered defense will require an extremely cooperative and DM-heavy offense, lack of movement abilities(minus the extremely weak pipe, rocket, and double jumps) all of which decrease the speed of the game greatly. Such things put this in league with CS. This game, at best, is fun to pub with.
I'll stick to FF and TFC for competitive play.
Things not in balance currently in TF2:
SG's (this is the worst, without grenades they can be next to impossible to kill without putting lots of deaths. Any engi can easily keep up a SG while pretty much any 1 thing is on it. Spies have to be VERY good at disguising, back stabbing, and using the zapper to take down a decent engi and his SG, assuming there is no one around to help the engineer. 2-3 Engis + a fatty and/or sniper can probably shut out an enemy offense, pretty much regardless. Fatty just needs to cover fire to make it hard, sniper for enemy sniper and additional cover pressure, and 2-3 engis for SG's that are overpowered. SG's are harder to kill in general anyways, seem to do more damage, and are extremely hard to manuver around given the lack of movement abilities)
Melee Weapons (run around as a scout with a baseball bat and see how well you do, i also believe scout should lose the double shotgun, get a single, and give the soldier the double shot gun)
Medic Needle Gun (weak, though granted that medic is in support role now)

-[CfH]-Server Admin
sKibbles
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 9:21 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Medic
Forum Medic

I think the game is pretty fun, but there are a lot of kinks that need to be worked out.

I dont like the spawning waits. The loss of grenades is REALLY noticeable. I see why they took them out, to cut down on the spam, but still. A well placed grenade could do wonders.

I tried taking out a SG again and again on a server, eventually getting some success. But it took a few deaths. I really missed the grenade there.

Also, a Fatty with a Medic in tow.. my god that is almost unstoppable. It is so hard to get them both out. Cause you're aiming for the medic to cut off the supply line, and while you do that, the fatty gets you. Or if you go for the fatty, you can't take away his HP fast enough.

I like the medic gun and all, but jesus.

kibblesnbits
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 2:07 am  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

Yeah, I Love the medic class Very Happy Me and Gbaby would wreck havoc Razz

sKibbles
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 9:49 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Medic
Forum Medic

This game crashes on me something terrible. You can certainly tell it's a beta version.

Demasu
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 10:20 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

I've never had it crash, just that one texture problem.

RL the ultimate roleplaying experience
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Chance!
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 12:11 am  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

i had ff crash once shortly after i started playing, haven't had a crash since.

-[CfH]-Server Admin
sKibbles
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 12:30 am  Reply with quote
Forum Medic
Forum Medic

I've had this crash on me about 3 times or so. Twice while loading 2fort up, just after i spawned, it caught.

Then today, It was running great, i had a good game going. I died, and when I respawned - froze.

lol But a few days ago I was doing an ADL map, and died probably 30 times or so and never had a problem. So hopefully it's just some kinks.

Demasu
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 12:52 am  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

Chance! wrote:

I've had FF crash on me no fewer than 10 times.

RL the ultimate roleplaying experience
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
G-Baby
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 12:18 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Soldier
Forum Soldier

kibblesnbits wrote:
Yeah, I Love the medic class Very Happy Me and Gbaby would wreck havoc Razz

Sup 11 kills in one death Laughing
The Crimson King
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 3:33 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

Demasu wrote:
Chance! wrote:

I've had FF crash on me no fewer than 10 times.

yeah, it gives me this entities error every hour or so.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger