Chips' Fun House Forum Index

View next topic
View previous topic
Page 3 of 5
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Chips' Fun House Forum Index  ~  FF - Fortress Forever  ~  The Official -[CfH]- Fortress Forever Server...
Chips
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 7:54 pm  Reply with quote
Grand High Exalted Mystic Ruler

I'm pretty happy with the set up I've got so far and will be running this more often now. I've been looking for interesting maps also...not just the stock stuff. There isn't much finished out there...but I've been able to come up with some good stuff...I think. Of course, as these maps get finished, I'll move on to finished versions. Some, in fact most are not complete and are even listed as beta. Still, they play well and are finished enough for play...all that matters at this point. The one thing that could bring this mod down quickly would be a small map rotation...and the same one on every server. Neutral

Maps I have so far:

ff_shutdown2
ff_cornfield
ff_crossover
ff_aardvark
ff_push
ff_hunted
ff_cz2
ff_dustbowl
ff_well
ff_monkey
ff_badlands_beta5
ff_2morforever
ff_dev_2fort
ff_dm
ff_dropdown
ff_openfire_sh4x
conc_adam
conc_oneeyed_b2
conc_adam2_r
conc_example
ff_blis_2fort
ff_blockfort
ff_concmap_mc
ff_flare
midair8

Team practice tonight...so perhaps I'll have this up for a while later tonight. I'll surely put it up early tomorrow...14 slots now...let's see some peeps come out. Cool

The only good game, is a fair game...
Why do we park on driveways and drive on parkways! George Carlin - 1937-2008

-[CfH]-Server Admin
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Mr. Happy
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 8:36 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Sniper
Forum Sniper

Chips wrote:
FF Server is up for the evening. I'd appreciate it if the admins could get on and tell me if it works. You won't need to log in or anything...just type "sm_help" in console. Cool

Might help to also post under Server Admins . . . ??
I tend not to read a lot of threads too closely.

What other server let's you do stuff like this?? -Chips
-[CfH]-Server Admin
insomniac
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 5:43 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Scout
Forum Scout

Conc maps in rotation! Also, ff_blis_2fort deservers like, 10 spots in rotation >.>

Chips
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 6:17 pm  Reply with quote

That is not the rotation...that's just a list of all the maps I have. Skill maps and a handfull of the others are not in the regular rotation.

ff_blis_2fort...almost immediately made me feel lightheaded and somewhat dizzy. Confused <---that's how I looked.

The textures...they were a god awful combination. I eventually got used to it...somewhat. I'd rather play regular 2fort personally. Very Happy

-[CfH]-Server Admin
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Toughsox
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 6:20 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

Chips wrote:

Confused <---that's how I looked.

But but.....you ALWAYS look that way. Laughing

Dont mistake my kindness as a sign of weakness!!!!
Offense doesn't win matches.......big friggin' guns do !!! Ole' Painless FTW !!!
-[CfH]-Server Admin
Yur_Mom
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 5:06 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Medic
Forum Medic

Well I gotta say I LOVE THIS GAME. I put way more time into TF2, but the fun factor is just not there. It may be that I'm jsut not used to the balance but it just feels cluncky.

FF on the other hand feels smooth, polished and beautiful. I love that they enhanced the maps without loosing the essence of the game. Plus when I play HW and a scout drops to his knees in seconds, its just pure beauty.

I won't give up on TF2, but my heart will always be:

TFC>FF>TF2
Cool
tiger
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 5:13 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

lol yeah because hw is so freaking overpowered with his sped up rate of fire and instant rev.

0:00:35 IsLeS PiPeS-[AF] HW NO CONC AIM - said over enemy team_chat about Yur_Mom 35 seconds into the match Very Happy
-[CfH]-Server Admin
Chance!
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 6:14 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

tiger wrote:
lol yeah because hw is so freaking overpowered with his sped up rate of fire and instant rev.

and a good hw's bhop speed is ****ing crazy.

-[CfH]-Server Admin
[d2f]Iggy*SJB
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 9:11 am  Reply with quote
Forum Medic
Forum Medic

ff_congestus has been released, and man!!! What a sweet remake!!! I highly recommend putting it in the rotation Chips!!

http://www.ozfortress.com/showthread.php?p=396960

Chips
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 11:33 am  Reply with quote

I'll be adding congestus, express_b1 and flow_b1 later today. Good Idea

Doubt it would matter much...I don't see many of us playing this game. I haven't even put my server up the last few days because no one was coming. I look this morning at only 290 servers running FF. Only 230 players actually playing this at the point that I looked.

TFC has more servers and players. The future doesn't look good for FF two weeks after it's release. Crying or Very sad

-[CfH]-Server Admin
Chance!
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 12:41 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

Chips wrote:

TFC has more servers and players. The future doesn't look good for FF two weeks after it's release. Crying or Very sad

My problem with FF is pretty much this... lack of players, and its really not that great of a pub game. For pretty much the same experience i can play TFC, and my computer can handle it without dropping down to 20-30 fps.
I enjoy FF while I play it... but honestly will end up choosing both TF2 and TFC over it, for different aspects.
I do like FF, but I don't really see much of a reason to play it.

-[CfH]-Server Admin
Chips
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 1:24 pm  Reply with quote

Interesting Surprised

My machine is 5 years old...nothing to shout about. I even have an 8X agp card, but my mb only supports 4. Don't ask. Confused

With settings in the "medium" range...I get very decent performance. Of course, you can even tone things down further by adjusting your video settinga in the game's options. The physics alone are what I enjoy. To me...it plays just like TFC...but on steroids. Laughing

I'm disappointed how few are playing this. For a game some waited 4 or 5 years for, it's a flop at this point. Perhaps some of the major bugs, when fixed, will bring back some players. There are some annoying glitches.

I actually enjoyed some TF2 the other night...only looking for the AD maps...or whatever they call em. Laughing Still, that's not TFC...FF is. Cool

-[CfH]-Server Admin
Toughsox
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 6:17 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

Yea...G4B2S ran 2 servers 24/7 on launch, and you couldnt pry your way in. Then, like someone flipped a switch, poof.....everyone was gone. No way to explain it as the few glitches were hardly an impact on the gameplay.

As far as expecting it to be patched and then the masses to come to it, I hate to say it but by then it will be a lost cause. They waited too damn long to release it to begin with, and tbh, the TFC regs bashed the hell out of anyone new to the TFC genre from what I saw and heard....I have 4 days of logs from our servers as proof.

Add to that you cant go to the FF forums with a problem or suggestion without every single post becoming a "STFU NOOB, GO AWAY, YOU SUCK, etc etc etc" within 2 replies. Overall, the community in general has not supported the mod at all, and not only isnt friendly to newcomers, its down right hostile. I mean, right from the get-go, asking the admin team itself for tips or suggestions resulted in you being berated for simply asking a question.

As much as I love this game....to me its better then TFC with all its newness and greatness (despite its few flaws).... Im not about to waste a couple hours a night going 1v1 until a server fills up......for they just leave after a map comes on that they dislike.

Without a major news organization or magazine coming to its rescue, I think FF is one of those great "coulda-beens"

Offense doesn't win matches.......big friggin' guns do !!! Ole' Painless FTW !!!
-[CfH]-Server Admin
Snickers
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 6:53 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Soldier
Forum Soldier

FF is pretty successful for a Source mod, but many people do want something different than just TFC on Source. TF2 provides that excellently. And yes Toughsox I agree the community blows. FF will eventually just decrease to the amount of players Dystopia has but with 2x the amount of assholes.
Toughsox
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 7:11 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

Snickers wrote:
FF is pretty successful for a Source mod, but many people do want something different than just TFC on Source. TF2 provides that excellently. And yes Toughsox I agree the community blows. FF will eventually just decrease to the amount of players Dystopia has but with 2x the amount of assholes.

I dont know if I would consider it successful for a mod based on, its behind an 8 year old game (TFC) and a 4 year old mod in Natural Selection) But then, I never tracked anything before FF and TF2 came out.

I do wish it was more popular though as to me it brought new spark into a game we all know and love.

-[CfH]-Server Admin