Chips' Fun House Forum Index

View next topic
View previous topic
Page 1 of 5
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Chips' Fun House Forum Index  ~  FF - Fortress Forever  ~  The Official -[CfH]- Fortress Forever Server...
Nerve-ana
PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 5:50 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

is there gonna be one or nope?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 8:13 pm  Reply with quote
Grand High Exalted Mystic Ruler

68.196.219.220:27019 -- Chips' Fun House /-[CfH]-Guild / Fortress Forever

Beware...my server browser is showing my IP backwards... 220.219.196.68. Confused

Anyway...you'll be able to find it easily by name. This is currently running on my home server with Beetlesmod installed. Cool

I especially need the admins to check out...type "admin_help" in console...I'm sure you can take it from there. Good Idea

That said...I'm going to chat with our current server host to see if we can use our existing machine to run another server. I have enough to run an additional server for 3 months at this point. I'll have to see if:
a) there's enough resources on his server to handle both.
b) there's no effect on our current TFC server.
c) there's enough interest to keep a server up and running past 3 months.

The only good game, is a fair game...
Why do we park on driveways and drive on parkways! George Carlin - 1937-2008

-[CfH]-Server Admin
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
sean
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 1:39 am  Reply with quote
Forum Scout
Forum Scout

oh man.. chips you kick ass, hopefully this server will be swarmed, heh

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 6:58 am  Reply with quote
Forum Scout
Forum Scout

must.. play cfh style ff!! ahh.. the server is not up Sad((S

Chips
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 10:51 am  Reply with quote

I'm only running it part time now trance...it should be up most of today. Our team should be having practice tonight, so I'll have to shut it down this evening. Neutral

-[CfH]-Server Admin
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
trance
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 1:31 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Scout
Forum Scout

thanks chips!

Anshinritsumai
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 8:47 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Sniper
Forum Sniper

IMO, Chips; you should run SourceMOD instead of Bettles or Mani Admin.

Performance wise, SourceMOD is alot better for the server, and in terms of capability with the mod, you don't really have to wait for the main devs to code in features; everything is plugin-based like AMX mod back on the old HL1 mods, and it's actually made by alot of the AMX developers.

Chips
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 7:10 am  Reply with quote

I'll take a look at it. That would have been my next choice if it hadn't worked. I've always used mani's to admin HL2 servers...but, it's no longer supported. Some peeps work on things here or there...but the main support is long gone.

Sounds like something more customizable that I'd like better anyway. Good Idea

-[CfH]-Server Admin
tiger
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 9:38 am  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

chips you seem to enjoy using mods that nobody support anymore, adminmod, manis...

0:00:35 IsLeS PiPeS-[AF] HW NO CONC AIM - said over enemy team_chat about Yur_Mom 35 seconds into the match Very Happy
-[CfH]-Server Admin
Chips
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 11:20 am  Reply with quote

The last time I ran one of my Source servers...mani's was still being supported. That gives you an idea how long ago that was. Surprised

Anyway...I missed work Friday...can't understand why I didn't hear the alarm to get up. Must have been cause I went to sleep about 10 minutes before it was supposed to go off. Confused <---I really looked like that.

Installed FF Thursday evening...crash...damit.wav. Okay...seems alright now...damn...crash to desktop !!! Mad Okay...okay...don't crash my pretty....seems okay for now. WHAT !!! ... I keep spawning at 45 degrees...argh Mad

Lemme look for server install...hrmmm...these files look just like the client install. Shocked Now...how do I get this running. Will is run under srcds.exe? Seems it should...but what game "name" do I use to start the server? FF...no, not that. Fortress Forever...no, not that either. FortressForever....GOT IT !!! Okay...now, how do I admin this thing other than rcon. Mani's doesn't seem to be supported any more and only a few are saying it works. Delete Mani's mod...next, try Beetles Mod. DAMIT...doesn't work. Mad Oh...new version compatible for FF. K...that works. Holy hand grenade !!!...this config file is two miles long...sigh. Sad People are downloading the sounds and adverts on each map...WTF !!! Mad

Well...it mostly works...some bugs to fix. Both on my server and this game...it's real purty though. Can't wait to see 2fort....WHAT...WHAT...2fort is only a placeholder !!!! not a real map yet !!! Mad Room is spinning now...can't feel my buttcheeks any more...need coffee...toooooooooooo late......zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Neutral <---- sleeping behind his shades.

-[CfH]-Server Admin
kibblesnbits
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 12:15 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

I was playing on 2fort last night Very Happy it was pretty.

www.GuildWarsRealm.net GG site
Anshinritsumai
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 12:27 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Sniper
Forum Sniper

Chips wrote:
I'll take a look at it. That would have been my next choice if it hadn't worked. I've always used mani's to admin HL2 servers...but, it's no longer supported. Some peeps work on things here or there...but the main support is long gone.

Sounds like something more customizable that I'd like better anyway. ;-,

Mani gave all the source code to the SourceMOD team, so while they have all the code, they haven't used it; but it may be used for some plugins.

Chips wrote:
The last time I ran one of my Source servers...mani's was still being supported. That gives you an idea how long ago that was. :o

Installed FF Thursday evening...crash...damit.wav. Okay...seems alright now...damn...crash to desktop !!! :x Okay...okay...don't crash my pretty....seems okay for now. WHAT !!! ... I keep spawning at 45 degrees...argh :x

Lemme look for server install...hrmmm...these files look just like the client install. :shock: Now...how do I get this running. Will is run under srcds.exe? Seems it should...but what game "name" do I use to start the server? FF...no, not that. Fortress Forever...no, not that either. FortressForever....GOT IT !!! Okay...now, how do I admin this thing other than rcon. Mani's doesn't seem to be supported any more and only a few are saying it works. Delete Mani's mod...next, try Beetles Mod. DAMIT...doesn't work. :x Oh...new version compatible for FF. K...that works. Holy hand grenade !!!...this config file is two miles long...sigh. :( People are downloading the sounds and adverts on each map...WTF !!! :x

Too many servers are still running Mani Admin Mod, as if they refuse to change / update because they don't know how to work any other mod =/

The 45 Degree Angle issue is a known bug with the spawn scripting, and should be fixed in the first update.

As for Mani/Beetles/SourceMod; I've never used Beetles, but obviously Mani is out of date and SourceMOD is pretty much an exact recreation of AdminMod/AMX Mod but for Source games, even utilizes SourceMM (MetaMod Source); easy to setup as well, doesn't have a 4 mile config file like mani and beetles.

kibblesnbits wrote:
I was playing on 2fort last night :D it was pretty.

Yea... because promoting a leaked and unofficial map is cool... seriously, screw the prick who leaked that map.
Chips
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 2:05 pm  Reply with quote

I heard the 2fort map is a DEV issue...not finished and in development. I do have someone sending it to me to install. I need my 2fort fix...sorry if that pisses anyone in the community off. However, if it's out there, I don't see why I can't use it even if it was leaked.

I'll be taking a look at SourceMod tonight. If it's as easy as AdminMod or AMXX...I shouldn't have any problems with it. I want some goofy stuff too...I hope they have goofy plug-ins. Razz

-[CfH]-Server Admin
Demasu
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 2:05 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

Anshinritsumai wrote:
kibblesnbits wrote:
I was playing on 2fort last night Very Happy it was pretty.

Yea... because promoting a leaked and unofficial map is cool... seriously, screw the prick who leaked that map.

QFE!

RL the ultimate roleplaying experience
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
kibblesnbits
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 2:28 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

http://rapidshare.com/files/56394856/ff_dev_2fort.bsp.html

Surprised

www.GuildWarsRealm.net GG site