View previous topic
Page 2 of 3
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Chips' Fun House Forum Index  ~  Bans, Cheaters & Abuse Reports  ~  Tortfeasor
ksix
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 2:33 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Scout
Forum Scout

If only there was some way to force a player into scout based on their STEAM ID. Smile

I was an admin at OWOL when he played under Dr. Evil. He acted the same then. He was eventually banned for no real solid reason other than pissing off too many regulars.

Maybe that is reason enough? Or maybe it will become reason enough at some point?

Admins like to see the regulars having a good time. When they aren't, and you can't do anything about it, its frustrating. I think his play crosses the line into being disruptive for the team. I KNOW I don't want him on my team. My whole focus (as a player) is team win. He defends where he can survive well, not where it will help his team. Noobs do that to, but they don't know better. To me, thats a big difference. And the level of play of the regulars just keeps getting better and better. I'm loving the teamplay these days.

FullMetalSchrappnel
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 5:18 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

i personally think if its to the point of upsetting people on the server with his style of play then that has to be disrupting everyones enjoyment and that cant be a good thing for the server, should 10 people leave for 1? ive seen ppl having a real good time, then tort logs in and i swear i can almost hear the "sighs" half way across the world, or the server starts to empty and again that cant be a good thing? last night i infected him and watched as he run into the respawn infecting everyone he could in the hope of saving himself, as there were no bots on and his team didnt have a medic, after a while he came out with this "i have to go edit my spray" and left.... lame.wav... thats my 2 cents worth
Chips
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 5:53 pm  Reply with quote
Grand High Exalted Mystic Ruler
Grand High Exalted Mystic Ruler

Bad enough you can't get a pack with this guy around...although, I've never seen him team infect. Perhaps I've just missed that.

He should be warned if this happens again. After that, a kick should be appropriate accompanied by a concise directive that if this continues to occur, a permanent ban will be implemented. Neutral

The only good game, is a fair game...
Why do we park on driveways and drive on parkways! George Carlin - 1937-2008

-[CfH]-Server Admin
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Dark Applepolisher
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 6:35 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

tiger wrote:
There are going to be some people that like him and some that dislike him

I think a better way to put that would be there are people who love to hate him, and those who plain hate him. Really, if he was banned, I don't think anybody from either category would miss him enough to make a deal of it. So, in my opinion, I just say ban him for the sake of ending the misery of the people who plain hate him.

-[CfH]-Server Admin
Dinosaur Gas
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 7:04 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Scout
Forum Scout

AMXX has a plugin that will allow admins to change a player's class:

http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=7419

Not sure if it works though.

As far as tort goes...I've got a father/son team on my pub that do the same exact thing. I just made it so there stats do not show...I also kill/harass/infect them until they leave. Enjoyable for me. Very Happy

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Valkyllias
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 9:09 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Sniper
Forum Sniper

HeX55 wrote:
or he presses his bound button to "quit".

I don't see him do it so much when I'm trying to kill him, but one night, before rebs was banned, Rebs councted how many times he could make Tort quit. I think he got to 13 or something like that.

But just because his pack whoring and accidental team infecting are annoying, doesn't mean he's doing it to annoy us. I think that he's just a selfish player, not necissarily an ass or anything.

jum
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 9:29 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Medic
Forum Medic

Granted, I've never really noticed it in large enough quantities to really care, but I don't really have a problem with the things listed here, with the exception of infecting teammates, which is just stupid.

If you are on the opposing team:
If your goal is to try for a "team win" (whether that be CTF, ADL or some freakish awesome map like ukfootie), having him run off to respawn is much more beneficial than actually killing him. I don't understand somebody calling him a stat whore and then getting angry that he whores the respawn, depriving you of a kill. Just toss a conc at him - he literally stops firing and runs to respawn, which makes me laugh every time. He's essentially neutralized for the duration of the conc, as opposed to the 5 seconds or whatever it would take him to get back in position if he died. I just mosey on past where he was.

If he is on your team:
IMO, even if he runs away when he gets hurts, he still does more than a sniper does on the vast majority of CTF maps. Apart from him using up a HW slot, I personally don't mind if he's inept or selfish. This isn't a clan match where the same people play together match after match where you only recruit people that can help you win. This is a pub with (for the most part) random teams and I've accepted that I will have some good players on my team and some not so good players. Not to sound overly arrogant, but I just realize who I can rely on and who I can't. When it boils down to it for me, it makes no difference to me whether he plays lame or not because just like I don't expect a poor player to stop their O, I also don't expect Dr. Evil to do anything. It's just a nice bonus when he does something.

Is it lame? Sure, but I just chuckle when I see somebody like him that cares so much about their stats.
Chance!
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 10:54 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

Chips wrote:

He should be warned if this happens again. After that, a kick should be appropriate accompanied by a concise directive that if this continues to occur, a permanent ban will be implemented. Neutral

I've warned him before verbally. Shortly after he simply left.
I've slayed him for spamming nades out of respawns on congestus(after verbal warnings, i've done this on two occassions).
There have been countless times on ADL maps he'll sit on a bag when a flag carrier needs them.
I also consider it play detrimental to your team when you play a restricted class and hang behind everything, especially on ADL maps. On D on adl maps, he's always 1 cap behind where he is supposed to defend, and he's always packwhoring there.
He'll unbalance teams in a heartbeat to get a hw slot.
+everything else everyone has said. (the quitting right before death being the absolute most annoying to me)

Lastly, those that say 'just have everyone go out of their way to kill him, and he'll leave' i believe are showing how sad this situation is.
#1 - It is relatively easy to get an entire team to want him gone bad enough to have everyone chase him into spawn.
#2 - An entire team is then not doing their objective and instead chasing an enemy, which is utterly stupid that we have to do that.

-[CfH]-Server Admin
Lucky|Loser
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 9:19 am  Reply with quote
Forum Trolls
Forum Trolls

I was there that night... when you decided to post this thread. Didn't you say he binded a key to "kill" giving a fake death added to other players stats?

Personally, I would say that would be the only thing against the rules... and besides that (if this is true), I just have lost total respect for Tort.
Cool

Just a thought..

Lucky|Loser
DogMode
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 9:26 am  Reply with quote
Forum Medic
Forum Medic

He goes a long way to pump his stats...

He has a key bound to exit i believe (which he uses when he has no escape, or when hes infected half the time).

And if he wants to change teams or classes, he leaves the server and comes back...just so he doesn't rack up the 1 death that changing gives.

Falcon
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 6:20 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

well my 2cents:

i kno exactly how ya feel hex, and we've been down this road before unfortunately, w/ this player. Only thing i can tell ya to do is like people have already said, just be on the opposite team he is (w/out unbalancing the teams of course) and just go after him for a few min until he leaves, cause he always does. It's funny to me like jum, but what i mean by it being funny to me, is whenever he's playing he always joins the same team as me, seriously. He knos me as a player on the CfH server by now and he knos that i always try to kill him alot, so he joins on my team all the time, but if hes unbalancing the teams, i switch him back and he plays for a bit, but i get a couple kills on him and he leaves lol.

Yeah tiger that was hilarous, especially w/ that "other" person who was playin w/ us lol. But a funnier moment was on warpath 1 time, he was defending 2 and i was playin O solly. I shot him w/ 2 rockets and a nade and he started running back to resup of course toward 1 and I did 2 quick RJs to get in front him, which i did lol, and he saw me like face to face and he hit his quit key before i could finish him. Very Happy

--- Pete + Sam + Dean = chevelle = teh greatest ---

-[CfH]-Server Admin
Bentdog
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 4:21 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Medic
Forum Medic

I am asumming that Tort has read this. Why has'nt he responded. ?????? I think he is a good fatty, and should change his ways is all. Be a team player, meaning somethines to help a teamplayer out you die. Stats mean jack shiznit. Who cares. Really. Thers no TFC national or world title. (CS MAYBE) our stats dont really help the server.
I dont want anyone to quit the server for dumb s**t. If thats the case TFC will wither faster than Tammy Fah Baker. Tort respond, state your case and help out your team more. Thats all. Duder, I like ya, your a dick but I like ya. Respond duder.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 9:17 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

well dr evil has made 4 posts within his year and half membership to the forums so im not quite sure how often he actually reads it.

0:00:35 IsLeS PiPeS-[AF] HW NO CONC AIM - said over enemy team_chat about Yur_Mom 35 seconds into the match Very Happy
-[CfH]-Server Admin
Audhumla
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 12:34 am  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

While there's a bit of a precedent for banning people because they just pissed a lot of people off, it's a precedent I disagree with. Even though I certainly wouldn't miss this guy as much as I miss Kidani or Bungee, a precedent is a precedent...

(dead)-[CfH]-Server Admin but--- because I could not stop for death, He kindly stopped for me
sean
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 2:07 am  Reply with quote
Forum Scout
Forum Scout

nothing much to say about this guy for me, everything i can think of about him has been posted already, all he needs to do is just actually play the game and help his team, imo