View previous topic
Page 1 of 3
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Chips' Fun House Forum Index  ~  Bans, Cheaters & Abuse Reports  ~  Tortfeasor
HeX55
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 2:00 am  Reply with quote
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

I am posting this to hopefully stop the disruptiveness of gameplay going on by this guy.

Tortfeasor is what you'd call a "statwhore." That in itself is not disruptive, but the means and ways he does it infact is.

He'll hide in spawn and just peek his head out to get the occasional kill. He ignores his team, never ever ever ever makes any sort of attempt on any objective.

He tilts the table his way, he can kill you from safety, but as soon as you get anywhere near killing him he either runs or away, or he presses his bound button to "quit".

Tonight we witnessed him doing just that, quitting the game before he gets killed. Running from a fight with hammy like a coward, and while running he quits.

It's ruining the game for others, his enemies have no chance to kill him, and his teammates are stuck with a useless POS only concerned with going 11-0 for a 30 minute map.

As Chips knows, I was admin at Keegs for around 8 years. It's my personal opinion that Tortfeasor needs to change the way he plays, or just leave (forcibly if need be).

Everybody in the server tonight agreed with me. If needed, let's do a poll/petition.
kibblesnbits
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 3:36 am  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

1) Lameness and stupidity of all kinds permitted...just deal with it.

Hes not exploiting the map, or trying to piss people off. If you see him on you can either

1. Not join the server.
2. Leave the server.

I see no reason for a ban.

www.GuildWarsRealm.net GG site
Bentdog
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 3:57 am  Reply with quote
Forum Medic
Forum Medic

By far a ban is too extreme. My..my im not the first to say that he camps in front of packs and is really not doing anything for his team, but stealing packs for real team players. Buy far he is a decient fatty but needs to learn team work. Learn something more about how to listen to your team, when help is needed. you are like a tank that should move where needed. Not a solo camping noob. This is u - (camping, then fighting, and before you die, grab a pack.") super lamma...lol Thats is bull s**t.

Just my dramatic emotions for ya all to taste test...lol

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 4:09 am  Reply with quote
Forum Medic
Forum Medic

I'll say that for the most part I dislike playing with Tort...however, occasionally I see him on when the server is light and he'll actually experiment with various classes/strategies. When he does, hes not half bad.

As far as the rules are concerned, I don't think I've ever seen him break one. And even when people are ragging on him for the way he plays the game, his retorts are rarely in bad taste. He just takes it with a grain of salt...and then runs for the bags. Smile

Based on how I've seen him play, I think we should let up on him. Perhaps when hes not getting everyones attention for his statwhoring he'll venture out to try and get attention for actually being a decent player...or perhaps not.

Either way, no matter how lame his play has been, is, or continues to be; it isn't grounds for a ban.

Besides, don't you have some "Skill-Based Higher Ground" you can stand on? I'm content with the simple fact that I am a better player than him. No matter what the stats say. Smile

HeX55
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 4:14 am  Reply with quote
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

kibblesnbits wrote:
Hes not exploiting the map, or trying to piss people off. If you see him on you can either

Having a button bound to "quit" so he can avoid getting killed won't piss people off?

Come on now...it's disruptive and just plain bad sportsmanship.
Chips
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 7:37 am  Reply with quote
Grand High Exalted Mystic Ruler
Grand High Exalted Mystic Ruler

Unfortunately Hex...most of us are aware of "Dr. Evil"...a name he used to go by when playing here when he was a member of our guild. We basically threw him out of the guild for just that reason...constant lame play.

Yes, our rules say "Lameness and stupidity of all kinds permitted...just deal with it." But, they also say play detremental to your team is NOT allowed. Now...I usually consider that stuff to be flag holding, team shooting etc.

What I can tell you Hex is that we banned two guys last year after doing this kind of stuff forever. You do eventually get tired of it. His welcome is being worn out a little more each time he comes here. When it gets to the point where simply no one ever wants to play with or talk with him...he'll no doubt get the inevitable boot.

Until then, do what I do...make your best effort to concentrate on him only...killing him over and over...till he leaves. Wink

The only good game, is a fair game...
Why do we park on driveways and drive on parkways! George Carlin - 1937-2008

-[CfH]-Server Admin
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Mr. Happy
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 8:46 am  Reply with quote
Forum Sniper
Forum Sniper

I take Chips angle and try to ignore him - as hard as that is. However, to Hex' credit, I'd add "bag whoring when you're not actively pursuing the map objective" to the list of "play detrimental to your team".
Here's why:
There are three types of play
Positive - support map/team objective
Neutral - jerking around; general lameness and stupidity
Detrimental - to cause injury or damage, making play in this catagory "specifically hurtful" to your team.

If I respawn and head for the flag or to play D (positive play) and can't get a bag or am delayed getting out of respawn because of Torts described behavior, my opinion is that changes his play from neutral to detrimental.

Thanks for considering my opinion.

What other server let's you do stuff like this?? -Chips
-[CfH]-Server Admin
-SoldierBoy-
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 9:56 am  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

I like to have fun with him if he is doing this when I am around. I wont kick him, but bury, slay ect. Just enough so he is as annoyed as the rest of the server is at him.

rage
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 10:12 am  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

just turn him into a chicken so he cant shoot and if he picks up a bag he loses life

WTF

Nerve-ana wrote:
oh when i woke up i realized i pissed myself lol was walking throught the town with a huge stain on my pants.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
AvP
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 10:24 am  Reply with quote
Forum Sniper
Forum Sniper

If he's on I try to play sniper. As soon as he pops his head out I shoot it.

"Wow! Brazil is big." —George W. Bush, after being shown a map of Brazil by Brazilian president Luiz Inacio Lula da Silva
tiger
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 10:39 am  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

There are going to be some people that like him and some that dislike him, however the majority is going to be the latter with him just like it was before. He came back with that new name after he was booted from the guild while trying to say that he was dr evils cousin and he taught him how to play and gave him his steam id...yeah. Yes his gameplay style(extreme pack/stat whoring) is annoying, and he does play on the play detrimental rule. But praps one day the server will become too annoyed and not really be able to take it anymore and he will get the big boot like those "other two" did. Until then however, you can do like me falcon and someone else did one night and that was we all went spy and harassed the crap out of him so he was too afraid to come out of the lower resup on frog_r Laughing

0:00:35 IsLeS PiPeS-[AF] HW NO CONC AIM - said over enemy team_chat about Yur_Mom 35 seconds into the match Very Happy
-[CfH]-Server Admin
hammy
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 10:58 am  Reply with quote
Forum Trolls
Forum Trolls

I do my best to go medic and conc/infect him whenever he's around, but sometimes he'll just keep running back into his spawn, infecting his whole team just to stay alive with bags until someone heals him. He stayed infected the last 10-15 minutes of one of the adl maps recently, I'm sure infecting 20 people in that time.

He just isn't really the kind of person who should be playing on the server. The teamwork here, no matter what the teams are, is always really good and makes for fun rounds no matter what. This kid is just all about himself.

To whoever said he experiments with other classes, I've played with him a lot, and never seen him do ANYTHING besides hw. Add on top of that, I'm sorry, but he's terrible at it. I'm not saying being terrible is a reason to ban or anything, just saying if he didn't stand on health bags, he'd be 10-50 every round instead of 20-3.
DogMode
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 11:05 am  Reply with quote
Forum Medic
Forum Medic

I've seen him play solly and medic occasionally.

Mr. Happy
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 11:12 am  Reply with quote
Forum Sniper
Forum Sniper

I think we're all agreed that if this style is employed, we can all have a lot of fun abusing this guy. If I'm his teammate, we'll hold the spawn door open for you to launch grenades and red dots inside. If you're going after him, we'll give you a free pass into our base.

What other server let's you do stuff like this?? -Chips
-[CfH]-Server Admin
HeX55
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 2:09 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Chips wrote:
Until then, do what I do...make your best effort to concentrate on him only...killing him over and over...till he leaves. Wink

Yeah, but when you aren't around, it's worse. He WON'T LET YOU KILL HIM. Like I said, he has a key bound to quit.

Also hammy had another good point, once he gets infected he stays in spawn close to the health, which in turn causes his whole damn team to get infected. I'm pretty sure THAT is against the rules.

This server has some great games, hardly ever a problem...until he comes on. I believe his play is detrimental to EVERYBODY on the server.