Chips' Fun House Forum Index

View next topic
View previous topic
Page 1 of 2
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Chips' Fun House Forum Index  ~  Forum Rules & Instructions  ~  New Forum Categories
Chips
PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 3:53 pm  Reply with quote
Grand High Exalted Mystic Ruler

I've added two new forum categories for the impending release of both TF2 and FF...Team Fortress 2 and Fortress Forever. Cool

More than ever, I'm going to be monitoring the forums and these two places especially. I will no longer tolerate spam, useless or off topic posts around here. Many users have told me they won't even read our forums due to the lack of etiquette shown by many here. I had pretty much given up trying to get peeps to cooperate and do the right thing as it had just become to much to monitor. That's about to change. I'm going to try one more time to give it my best effort to keep this place in order...where info can be easily found and people will enjoy coming.

If this type of behavior continues, I'll start by simply deleting many, many posts. If it "still" continues, your account will be deleted...and there will be no bringing it back. You'll be free to reopen your forum account...with a post count of ZERO.

If we're going to branch off into other mods, we're going to attract new forum members and players to our server(s). Their first impression of our place is important to me...if not to our spammers. Many users here have post counts in the hundreds due to one word "LOL" posts, off topic ramblings and utter disrespect to those that started the topic.

Again, this will no longer be tolerated. In addition to my watchfull eye...I'm unleashing the full fury of Teh Fuzzy Cuteness...you've been warned. Twisted Evil

The only good game, is a fair game...
Why do we park on driveways and drive on parkways! George Carlin - 1937-2008

-[CfH]-Server Admin
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Dark Applepolisher
PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 4:52 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

So, will the no spamming rule still show some leniency towards the mini-spam centrals (certain member's threads)?

-[CfH]-Server Admin
Chips
PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 5:29 pm  Reply with quote

Our "Spam Central" thread was started by exactly that...many, many people abusing a members thread to the point where that member asked me to completely delete it. How many of you would want your personal threads deleted Question

The members threads to which you refer have simply turned into nothing more than useless chat between a handfull of people. No one reads those threads any more...I know I don't. I don't learn anything new about these people and neither will anyone else. Spam is spam...no matter where it exists. If you care to ask a member something about themselves or answer in a relevant way to something they've posted...by all means go ahead. Anything else would be considered spam.

Many things posted here for all to see could be handled with a pm, chatting in our IRC room...or just using AIM, MSN...whatever you use. These are forums, not a personal chat room.

-[CfH]-Server Admin
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Snickers
PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 9:55 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Soldier
Forum Soldier

Thank god, I really think you should delete alot of the threads around here that degenerated to s**t but keeping an eye out so they don't in the first place is a good idea also.
gilliam
PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 10:24 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

can we cleanup the memberlist too? theres so many usernames in there from so far back that have zero or less than 5 posts, which would have been pruned off the forum anyways.

Chips
PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 10:39 pm  Reply with quote

I had taken this same stance before Snickers...but was quickly overwhelmed with so much crap that I just couldn't keep up with it and just gave up trying.

Most forums don't prune memberlists...we're fortunate that we have only around 75 members that have never posted. FF and TF2 may bring out an interest with these people and I'll be able to contact them through bulk mail through the forums.

The one time I turned on pruning for the forums to delete old threads that had no activity...many had negative comments regarding that. I will probably go through things and pick and choose which threads are just totally worthless. There is some old stuff here that is too good to get rid of. Laughing

-[CfH]-Server Admin
gilliam
PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 11:53 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

having people go through the forums to bump up good old posts(also necroposting) would result in another crapfest of useless spam posts and bring garbage back to the top instead of good stuff.

pick and choose... good choice Smile

Snickers
PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 10:26 am  Reply with quote
Forum Soldier
Forum Soldier

You can bump the stickies and announcements to avoid them getting purged, or have a seperate forum labeled trash and move all the crap posts there and have it delete every week.
-SoldierBoy-
PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 10:57 am  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

A few more Forum side admins couldnt hurt.

Chips
PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 11:32 am  Reply with quote

I'm a little scared to add others as moderators to any section of the forums. My idea of spam may not be another moderators idea of spam. When I made Chick a forum moderator, I was "positive" that we were on the same page as to what should be going on here...she's been a tremendous help to me here.

I'm not saying that no one else fits that mold...I just really haven't thought about it much. The more moderators I add...the more I would need to ensure that we all think and act alike...not a easy proposition. But, one I will definitely consider.

-[CfH]-Server Admin
Psycho_Chick
PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 3:24 pm  Reply with quote
Teh Fuzzy Cuteness
Teh Fuzzy Cuteness

Moderator requirements: the ability to say the exact same thing at the exact same time as Chips. We used to do that quite often. Confused Laughing Cool

Chips
PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 6:33 pm  Reply with quote

Psycho_Chick wrote:
Moderator requirements: the ability to say the exact same thing at the exact same time as Chips. We used to do that quite often. Confused Laughing Cool

She's not kidding...it happened rather often and used to freak me out quite badly. Shocked

Definitely some type of cosmic connection going on there...which again, is why I chose her specifically Laughing

-[CfH]-Server Admin
Audhumla
PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 6:48 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

Psycho_Chick wrote:

How about 4000 posts? Wink

(dead)-[CfH]-Server Admin but--- because I could not stop for death, He kindly stopped for me
Falcon
PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 7:20 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

well i for one am real glad that ur get rid of the spam/useless threads around here...if ya need any help chips, i'm around Wink

--- Pete + Sam + Dean = chevelle = teh greatest ---

-[CfH]-Server Admin
Chance!
PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 10:54 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

Audhumla wrote:
Psycho_Chick wrote:

How about 4000 posts? Wink

you know those 4000 posts are probably singlehandedly what brought this about Laughing

-[CfH]-Server Admin