Chips' Fun House Forum Index

View next topic
View previous topic
Page 7 of 8
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Chips' Fun House Forum Index  ~  Bans, Cheaters & Abuse Reports  ~  before this gets any further
Dark Applepolisher
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 9:07 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

I'm still of the opinion that if we gave Muchez all those second chances, why doesn't Rebs deserve it?

-[CfH]-Server Admin
jarrett4
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 9:27 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Sniper
Forum Sniper

Rebs could still get a second chance, but Muchez didn't get another shot overnight. Give it some time and maybe he'll be allowed back at some point.

-[CfH]-Server Admin
Chips
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 9:51 pm  Reply with quote
Grand High Exalted Mystic Ruler

Muchez was banned for over 1 year. He also apologized and made amends. He deserved another chance. As would anyone else who does the time (whatever length that may be) and approaches us with the right attitude.

The "right attitude" encompasses many things...the things that would make everything right. Neutral

The only good game, is a fair game...
Why do we park on driveways and drive on parkways! George Carlin - 1937-2008

-[CfH]-Server Admin
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
tiger
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 9:52 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

Dark Applepolisher wrote:
I'm still of the opinion that if we gave Muchez all those second chances, why doesn't Rebs deserve it?

in response to this, muchez did actually "serve time". im not against letting rebs back in later on, but he has only been banned for a month and a half.

0:00:35 IsLeS PiPeS-[AF] HW NO CONC AIM - said over enemy team_chat about Yur_Mom 35 seconds into the match Very Happy
-[CfH]-Server Admin
rebel_leader
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 10:23 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Soldier
Forum Soldier

just an interesting post made by chips a while ago:

http://www.chipsfunhouse.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1734&highlight=sta

post number 5 i think. i couldnt quote it cuz its locked.

food for thought ... you know

jarrett4
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 10:49 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Sniper
Forum Sniper

That thread is from almost two years ago and the server has changed a lot since that time. Back then most of us that played here had almost no involvement in leagues (our STA team had been together for 3 months), and we were not as worried about people hacking on other servers or what they had done in the past.

Now it's getting hard to find people who aren't in any leagues at all and the skill level on the server is a lot higher since there aren't that many good servers left around. Naturally this means we have to start taking a closer look at people caught and accused of hacking because eventually they'll end up here.

Example: http://www.chipsfunhouse.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3674

That was just earlier this year, we banned someone because STA made a decision that he was hacking and Chips agreed with it so he was banned from here.

But even forgetting all that, if you keep trying to twist people's words to find a loophole and try to get yourself unbanned like you've done from the start of this it's just going to be even longer before you can come back. The best thing you can do right now is let it sit for a while and then ask to come back at a later date, and do it in a pm rather than making a big deal over it in the forums.

-[CfH]-Server Admin
The Crimson King
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 11:06 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

tiger wrote:

in response to this, muchez did actually "serve time". im not against letting rebs back in later on, but he has only been banned for a month and a half.

agreed. i say that he deserves a little more time in the cooler before we let him on again.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
rebel_leader
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 11:31 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Soldier
Forum Soldier

The Crimson King wrote:
tiger wrote:

agreed. i say that he deserves a little more time in the cooler before we let him on again.

only problem is tfc isnt gonna be around too much longer.. ff and tf2 coming out most will leave this place...

and jarrett: forums are the place to bring something to the attention of all, and i feel that since this ban affects us all at least to some extent, people have a right to argue here, as long as its productive. what i just brought up was new, and not twisting words, it was quoting on, as you said, possibly old policies of this community. u cant really expect me to just give up on my cause... its something im interested in so i think if given a chance i will try to argue my point...considering it effects me personally.

Chips
PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 7:27 am  Reply with quote

The vast majority of the bans here are for PP2 logged hacks and people being outright jerks. We probably have less than 10 players we've actually banned for hacking here. We don't harassas and hound people to catch them...these things just kind of tend to land in our laps. Like the demo submitted to STA.

Every case is different. We're not a polished democracy here with stringent guidelines. We have no "course" that these things take...one ban can be different from another. We're not perfect.

That said...those that have asked to come back have made amends, like I said before. They admitted what they did was wrong and apologized...to start. I don't see any of that here.

STA took months to come to a decision that was obviously hard for them...at least some of their anti-cheat team thought something was going on. Again, it apparently wasn't unanimous and the decision to do nothing was the best they could come up with since they couldn't agree. Again, I don't agree with their decision. They said that demo lacked sufficient proof...not that you clearly weren't hacking. Does that sound like someone who was completely exhonorated?

As I said before...things would need to be made right in order for you to return. Constantly hammering us that you simply didn't do it while pointing to the situations of others isn't going to cut it. I have always enjoyed your company on the server, this isn't personal. But, at least I'm more convinced than STA that we made the right decision.

Let's take it from there. Neutral

The only good game, is a fair game...
Why do we park on driveways and drive on parkways! George Carlin - 1937-2008

-[CfH]-Server Admin
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Foxtrot
PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 7:38 am  Reply with quote
Forum HW
Forum HW

rebel_leader wrote:
The Crimson King wrote:
tiger wrote:

only problem is tfc isnt gonna be around too much longer.. ff and tf2 coming out most will leave this place...

and jarrett: forums are the place to bring something to the attention of all, and i feel that since this ban affects us all at least to some extent, people have a right to argue here, as long as its productive. what i just brought up was new, and not twisting words, it was quoting on, as you said, possibly old policies of this community. u cant really expect me to just give up on my cause... its something im interested in so i think if given a chance i will try to argue my point...considering it effects me personally.

I miss you rebs. Apologise and we'll all move on Smile

rebel_leader
PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 8:03 am  Reply with quote
Forum Soldier
Forum Soldier

well really as i said in that long irc chat, i have no argument other than my word really. there is absolutley nothing i can say to sway your already hardened opinions. so ill resay this:

im sorry for being accused of hacking by the nM| server.
im sorry that this hassle was brought to your attention and reputation, no harm by me was intended there, i even brought up the topic myself..
i assure you i have never hacked in a match
i assure you i have never hacked near cfh be it in the server or with any of the members.
i assure you i will not do either of those two things, nor will i hack in other places.

regarding acccusations... theres nothing that i can do, hopefully there wont be any more but you never know. im not the best player but im alright, and when playing with lower level ppl you get accused of hacking often as many of u know. im not saying this happened or will happen.. but it might.

i currently have no hacks installed. i am on a brand new computer, due to me being back in college.. although i guess that doesnt mean much cuz you will say i can just reinstall the hacks on this one.. cuz "once a hacker always a hacker" thats an opinion that most of you hold and you have the right to; as i said all i have is my word saying im sorry this came about and was brought upon here and it wont happen again hopefully.

other than that i cant think of anything i have to go buya birthday gift, i might add more later, though im sure it wont be helpful.

thanks for your time

ps. im unbanned from the server that sent in those logs (nM|) in case that makes any differnence

jum
PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 9:32 am  Reply with quote
Forum Medic
Forum Medic

rebel_leader wrote:
im not the best player but im alright, and when playing with lower level ppl you get accused of hacking often as many of u know. im not saying this happened or will happen.. but it might.

That's not what happened, but I thought that you saying this was kinda funny considering you accused mear of hacking on IRC the other night.
rebel_leader
PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 2:11 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Soldier
Forum Soldier

glad ur on topic. plz stick to me not mear

tiger
PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 2:44 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

rebel_leader wrote:
ps. im unbanned from the server that sent in those logs (nM|) in case that makes any differnence

care to clarify?

0:00:35 IsLeS PiPeS-[AF] HW NO CONC AIM - said over enemy team_chat about Yur_Mom 35 seconds into the match Very Happy
-[CfH]-Server Admin
rebel_leader
PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 3:18 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Soldier
Forum Soldier

tiger wrote:
rebel_leader wrote:

care to clarify?

basically i got unbanned from both the nm| servers when i was supposedly perm banned. i wasnt notified... but now i can play there.. thats all i know