Chips' Fun House Forum Index

View next topic
View previous topic
Page 2 of 3
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Chips' Fun House Forum Index  ~  Other Games & Mods  ~  rpgs anyone?
Kyubi
PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 11:22 pm  Reply with quote
Forum HW
Forum HW

well, for a lot of people, they only play a video game once.. beat it, and never pick it up again. however, for me, this is HIGHLY unlikely. nearly every game i have i have played at least twice.

well, considering this.. ive been having a craving to replay one of the best rpg games of all time.... Super Mario RPG Legend of the Seven Stars. paper mario and paper mario 2 derived from the Legend, they were labeled as sequels... but paper mario and paper mario 2 are NOTHING like LSS. i havent played paper mario 2, but paper mario was a joke compared to LSS. LSS starts with the usual... bowser captures peach and mario goes to save her. However, unlike the usual "Mario saves Peach, Bowser gets his ass kicked, the day is saved", just as bowser is beaten and Peach is "saved" a huge sword strikes down from the sky and pierces right into bowser's castle... sending mario, peach, and bowser flying from the castle. Mario, thinking Peach is still in the castle, runs back to the castle to find the sword Exor claiming the castle is now in the hands of "Smithy's Gang". then Exor proceeds to destroy the 1 and only way into the castle.. the bridge. so mario starts this quest... meeting friends and enemies along the way, and to save the wishes of everyone in the world (whole big thing with Exor, Smithy and the Seven stars) and it plays out like a FF style rpg.

This extremely fun game is right now, the only game where bowser fights on your side Confused and actually WINS battles Shocked. to this day, it is still my second most fav rpg (1st is FF7) and both games were made by the same company... Squaresoft Razz This game was one of the first 3D games to come out, this game is on the SNES, but its still a GREAT game. i highly recommend getting this game if u have an old dusty SNES somewhere, and can find the game on eBay or sumthin Razz

Last edited by Kyubi on Wed Aug 10, 2005 11:55 pm; edited 1 time in total

-[CfH]-Server Admin
Kirby119
PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 11:47 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Soldier
Forum Soldier

That songs like uber ownage. I wanna be Bowser.
Did you know that you can download FF7 to your comp? It prolly won't be quite the same but I'm sure the gameplay and story will be the same.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 12:09 am  Reply with quote
Forum HW
Forum HW

no, u dont be just 1 char.. think of it like FF games.. like in battle controlling 3 chars at once, and all the chars traveling with u have significance in the story line. there are 5 chars u can pick to battle with u, but only 3 can be in battle at once. mario and bowser are 2........ i dont want to ruin it and say the other 3 tho Razz 1 is char u have heard of, and the other 2 are significant ONLY to this game.

oh... and a while back i made a post in i think bird's page that i had made a rogue char in WoW named Culex and said id give a cookie to anyone that found out where i got that name.... well i got the name Culex from this game. hes the toughest boss in the game, but hes a side-boss, meaning u dont NEED to fight him (but hes one of those bosses that drop a really good item, so u want to kill him Razz) LSS has a few sidequests, some to this day i havent been able to get.

like a lot of rpg games r known for, and what makes this game one of the better, is being able to act in battle-while doing moves, to determine dmg. like, if u use a NORMAL attack on someone, and press the A button at the right time.. you will deal like 1.5X more dmg (some weapons arent easy to get this, as they are fast.. or weird... 1 of the "unknown" chars uses a "gun" and its really hard to know the timing) also, if you are being attacked by a normal attack, if u press the B button at the right time.. u will defend and get reduced dmg. the SPECIAL attacks of each char are a completely different story... whether u need to tap the A button as fast as u can, rotate the control pad as fast as you can, press A at the right timings (theres a side-quest to get an item.. for Mario's Super Jump attack... get 100 straight jumps and u get an item............ my highest so far is 57.. the timing is BS perfection needed) and all this together, just makes for a fun game.

-[CfH]-Server Admin
Kyubi
PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 3:05 pm  Reply with quote
Forum HW
Forum HW

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked
http://search.ebay.com/super-mario-RPG-SNES_W0QQsofocusZbsQQsbrftogZ1QQfromZR10QQcatrefZC3QQsojsZ1QQsacatZ-1QQcatrefZC6QQsargnZ-1QQsaslcZ2QQsadisZ200QQfposZQ5AIPQ2FPostalQQftrtZ1QQftrvZ1QQfsopZ1QQfsooZ1QQcoactionZcompareQQcopagenumZ1QQcoentrypageZsearch

long link.. yea yea... but look at the PRICES on the game!!!! holy SH**! not many games stay at high prices like that, a few do, but not many.

told u it was a good game Razz Razz Razz

-[CfH]-Server Admin
Bonsai^Girl
PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 9:02 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Soldier
Forum Soldier

Demasu wrote:
I've played a lot of RPG's but my most favorite is Earthbound for the SNES. I also like the Zelda's for the N64 cws those were cool.

Whoa!! I thought I was the only one who ever played Earthbound. I like the FF series. And then I love Shenmue. Too bad the last part hasn't come out over here yet (or even at all) Crying or Very sad
Demasu
PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 9:33 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

Bonsai^Girl wrote:
Demasu wrote:
I've played a lot of RPG's but my most favorite is Earthbound for the SNES. I also like the Zelda's for the N64 cws those were cool.

Whoa!! I thought I was the only one who ever played Earthbound. I like the FF series. And then I love Shenmue. Too bad the last part hasn't come out over here yet (or even at all) Crying or Very sad

AWESOME!
*Bonsai^Girl has gained +10 points in Demasu's book of awesomeness*
<_<

RL the ultimate roleplaying experience
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
The Howling Man
PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 9:48 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

RL is by far the best RPG out there.

Discuss.

Nerve-ana
PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 9:55 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

RL is definetly the greatest RPG/FPS ever

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 1:30 am  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

If you play RL as an FPS, you'll get some nice handcuff.mdls and spend some time in jail.bsp.

Maybe even have dirtyprisonshowernaughytime.cfg exec'd on your client.

(dead)-[CfH]-Server Admin but--- because I could not stop for death, He kindly stopped for me
Nerve-ana
PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 7:24 am  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

i meant FPRPG

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 1:09 pm  Reply with quote
Grand High Exalted Mystic Ruler
Grand High Exalted Mystic Ruler

Audhumla wrote:
If you play RL as an FPS, you'll get some nice handcuff.mdls and spend some time in jail.bsp.

Maybe even have dirtyprisonshowernaughytime.cfg exec'd on your client.

Rather witty... Laughing

The only good game, is a fair game...
Why do we park on driveways and drive on parkways! George Carlin - 1937-2008

-[CfH]-Server Admin
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Bonsai^Girl
PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 9:03 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Soldier
Forum Soldier

Kyubi wrote:
Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked
http://search.ebay.com/super-mario-RPG-SNES_W0QQsofocusZbsQQsbrftogZ1QQfromZR10QQcatrefZC3QQsojsZ1QQsacatZ-1QQcatrefZC6QQsargnZ-1QQsaslcZ2QQsadisZ200QQfposZQ5AIPQ2FPostalQQftrtZ1QQftrvZ1QQfsopZ1QQfsooZ1QQcoactionZcompareQQcopagenumZ1QQcoentrypageZsearch

long link.. yea yea... but look at the PRICES on the game!!!! holy SH**! not many games stay at high prices like that, a few do, but not many.

told u it was a good game Razz Razz Razz

You know, I don't think I even remember this game when it came out. Weird.... Confused

Demasu wrote:
Bonsai^Girl wrote:
Demasu wrote:

AWESOME!
*Bonsai^Girl has gained +10 points in Demasu's book of awesomeness*
<_<

WOOOOHOOOO!!! If I get a magnifying glass, then that would be x10!!! Yay!!
The Howling Man
PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 9:19 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

Everyone post your RL stats. I'm currently level 15, profession Band Geek, and I level up in less than one month. When I level up I'll get key item: license and then I can unlock the vehicles in this game. I can't wait.

Aud told me how you can hack your RL program by buying things from people off the streets Shocked

Make sure the admins don't catch you, though. Devmap jail.bsp on your ass.

I tried to spraypaint school_sucks.wad on the wall of the bathroom in highschool.bsp, but the admin ([Cop]Barney) told me that school.bsp was a read-only file. Then he devmapped detention.bsp on my ass.

Sad

Demasu
PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 9:31 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

The Howling Man wrote:
Everyone post your RL stats. I'm currently level 15, profession Band Geek, and I level up in less than one month. When I level up I'll get key item: license and then I can unlock the vehicles in this game. I can't wait.

Aud told me how you can hack your RL program by buying things from people off the streets Shocked

Make sure the admins don't catch you, though. Devmap jail.bsp on your ass.

I tried to spraypaint school_sucks.wad on the wall of the bathroom in highschool.bsp, but the admin ([Cop]Barney) told me that school.bsp was a read-only file. Then he devmapped detention.bsp on my ass.

Sad

Ha ha
I'm level 16, profession Band Geek, I level up in about 6 months. I aready have the key item License Very Happy But sadly gf.mdl is sucking away my time from band, but it's ok, because somehow my wallet.mdl still has money.mdl Very Happy

RL the ultimate roleplaying experience
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
The Howling Man
PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 9:44 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

Ya but it's okay cuz the admin was a n00b and DEVmapped detention.bsp... so I did /noclip and got myself out of there but not before /give all