Chips' Fun House Forum Index

View next topic
View previous topic
Page 1 of 2
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Chips' Fun House Forum Index  ~  Bans, Cheaters & Abuse Reports  ~  Whats the point to rules....
Bentdog
PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 7:45 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Medic
Forum Medic

So whats the point to rules? We live in a freedom of speech country and we are all encouraged to speak up. However, we all may not agree with one's thoughts and belief's. Therefore; some Moral and Ethical rules are made to help stablize the people. Everyone knows them and generally goes by them. However, sometimes these unspocken rules are broken. What do you do then? You set standards and rules. Therefore, even if you dont agree with them, you need to comply with them. Thats what makes a good server. Thats what "CHIP'S" is. A good server. Please keep this server PG-13

BENT

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 9:23 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

so whats the point to this..?

--- Pete + Sam + Dean = chevelle = teh greatest ---

-[CfH]-Server Admin
Chips
PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 10:27 pm  Reply with quote
Grand High Exalted Mystic Ruler

Problem Question

Rolling Eyes

The only good game, is a fair game...
Why do we park on driveways and drive on parkways! George Carlin - 1937-2008

-[CfH]-Server Admin
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
-SoldierBoy-
PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 11:43 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

You should just play on mute.

Monster Man
PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 11:56 pm  Reply with quote
Forum HW
Forum HW

Bent, seriously...you need to get over things. Im sorry to say, but I've never seen someone complain about such little stuff before.

s**t is going to happen on the server. You're connected to the internet. No one is going to play nice. We set rules ON A SERVER so that no one hacks and ruin everyones game. If some guy wants to go ape s**t, it happens. Im not trying to denounce CFH, but there are definately other servers if that happens. You dont have to sit there and constantly tell the guy "Hey, could you please stop? It's bothering me. Stop or i'll tell an admin" It wont work.

Quit complaining and play the game. You're acting like you need the server to be PG13.

And for those who say that the server shoudl be PG13, that's fine. But it will NEVER always be PG13.

Those bots will never be on the server nor care about the server's running.
tiger
PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 12:30 am  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

well there seems to hardly be admins around nowadays to watch the server anyways.

0:00:35 IsLeS PiPeS-[AF] HW NO CONC AIM - said over enemy team_chat about Yur_Mom 35 seconds into the match Very Happy
-[CfH]-Server Admin
Chance!
PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 3:10 am  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

tiger, thats always been a problem. heck, i'm not around as much as i used to. back when i originally got admin, i was playing on the server all the time. now between work and school i'm hardly on - i think its similar for others.
i'll extend the same message I always do - add me to steam friends, if you have any problem on the main, message me. even if i'm playing another game, if your having issues i'll jump right on and deal with it fast. granted, i'm not always on, but i'm on a decent amount of the time.

-[CfH]-Server Admin
-SoldierBoy-
PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 10:05 am  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

Chance! wrote:
add me to steam friends, if you have any problem on the main, message me.

Chips
PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 11:31 am  Reply with quote

Exactly the problem. Surprised

Anyone that's ever made admin here, did so because they tended to play very often. It's one of the first things I consider. They are popular and well known on the server, people like playing with them and they in turn draw others in.

I can pop on with a few others and in no time, players start to filter in. Everyone likes to kill me. Laughing But I too, have been playing less.

Many groovy games are out there now that are taking attention away from TFC and other older games. I can guess several are finishing out their school year also. Many talk about TF2 or FF coming out to get back into it...but, those won't be anywhere near the same.

Hex is right...for several months now, the server's been far less populated than usual. Sad

The only good game, is a fair game...
Why do we park on driveways and drive on parkways! George Carlin - 1937-2008

-[CfH]-Server Admin
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
tiger
PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 12:29 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

Chance! wrote:
tiger, thats always been a problem.

yeah i know i know, it has just obviously gotten alot worse here lately with the overall server population going down. one of the main problems that people have are the bots but thats another story and one that will get shot down without a thought to it so i wont bring it back up. and not that its a problem, it seems as though admins get on in clumps as in there will be 3 or 4 on at a time and then none which kinda negates some of the time that gets spent so to say.

Chips wrote:
Anyone that's ever made admin here, did so because they tended to play very often.

thats not entiiiirely true. bonereaper hardly hardly played when he became admin and disappeared completely about 3 weeks after he got it lol Razz

0:00:35 IsLeS PiPeS-[AF] HW NO CONC AIM - said over enemy team_chat about Yur_Mom 35 seconds into the match Very Happy
-[CfH]-Server Admin
Falcon
PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 1:20 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

thats why i recommend to make tiger a admin!

I'm not around often cause of work, plain and simple. I on average i work 7am-5pm...sometimes shorter and sometimes longer but thats the avg time-frame. Then i get home and i'm tired sometimes or like chips mentioned, i feel like playin another game or something else. But like chance said, any problems, send me a message on steam friends...when i turn on my computer i got steam on auto-startup.

-[CfH]-Server Admin
jarrett4
PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 2:33 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Sniper
Forum Sniper

I'm almost always in our irc room if anyone needs anything. Just pm me and most of the time I'll respond.

-[CfH]-Server Admin
tiger
PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 2:37 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

Falcon wrote:

well as honored as i would be for that, im not saying these things to try and get adminship. besides it chips decision and with 16 on the list i doubt hes looking to add anymore. and also its an admin falcon, not a.

-[CfH]-Server Admin
Foxtrot
PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 3:42 pm  Reply with quote
Forum HW
Forum HW

tiger wrote:
Falcon wrote:

well as honored as i would be for that, im not saying these things to try and get adminship. besides it chips decision and with 16 on the list i doubt hes looking to add anymore. and also its an admin falcon, not a.

Saying that there is 16 admins is analogous.

In my short time on the server I've while cross-checking the admin list there are a few names that I doubt I've ever seen. Its all well and good to give someone adminship 2 years ago when they were prevalent on the server but some of the admins on the list are known to not play anymore or are on hiatus.

Although, in saying that, most of the time I play there is an admin on the server so I'm not siding with either arguement here as to whether there are more needed. In the peak times there is almost always an admin there.

Tiger would be a good choice though IMHO.
Falcon
PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 4:45 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

well just for correcting me tiger, i cancel my recommendation!

j/k, i actually brought up ur name a long time ago once

-[CfH]-Server Admin