View previous topic
Page 2 of 3
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Chips' Fun House Forum Index  ~  Other Games & Mods  ~  StarCraft 2 Announced
Americanboy3
PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 4:37 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

I'd say $50 or $60 at most. $75 is pushing it, too bad I'd still buy it...

-"A man tells his stories so many times that he becomes the stories. They live on through him, and in that way he becomes immortal." -Big Fish
Anshinritsumai
PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 6:03 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Sniper
Forum Sniper

Audhumla wrote:
knowing blizzard that will probably be like $40-50 ($75+ for a collector's edition) heh

Fixt. And I'd still buy it.
Chance!
PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 9:58 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

as long as they don't do something stupid like pay monthly-to-play i'll consider buying it(i.e. if TF2/FF/GW2 aren't out yet/or aren't interesting enough)

-[CfH]-Server Admin
Anshinritsumai
PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 10:42 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Sniper
Forum Sniper

Chance! wrote:
as long as they don't do something stupid like pay monthly-to-play i'll consider buying it

Yea, because pay-to-play monthly for an RTS really works. They want to keep their status as the greatest RTS ever made; I highly doubt they want to lose those players.
KnIvEs
PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 12:28 am  Reply with quote
Forum Medic
Forum Medic

tiger wrote:
yeah starcraft 64 ftl

The best thing about Starcraft 64 was the fact that the SCVs went to the minerals after they were built Good Idea

Watch out Kindbud!! The bots are convorting on you!!
Americanboy3
PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 12:33 am  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

Anshinritsumai wrote:
They want to keep their status as the greatest RTS ever made; I highly doubt they want to lose those players.

QFE

-"A man tells his stories so many times that he becomes the stories. They live on through him, and in that way he becomes immortal." -Big Fish
StaR
PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 6:14 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

Smart move by Blizzard. I wasn't a hardcore fan of Starcraft, but I'll consider getting back into it now.
The question is: Does this mean Starcraft: Ghost is cancelled now?

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 7:51 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

Ghost has been on "hiatus" for like 3 years now. AKA it's scrapped.

kibblesnbits
PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 9:13 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

StarCraft: Ghost was a planned tactical action game for video game consoles developed by Blizzard Entertainment and set in the same science fiction milieu as its popular StarCraft title. Blizzard announced the game in 2002, but on March 24, 2006 announced it would "indefinitely postpone" development

www.GuildWarsRealm.net GG site
Americanboy3
PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 9:17 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

Correct kibbs, but it is scrapped because with the announcement of SCII, they are only focusing on SCII. And the other departments are keeping the current Blizzard games up and running and how everyone likes them. Also, Ghost was going to be a console game, which completely went against what Blizzard is known for and what I consider part of the reason it was scrapped. IMO, with the announcement of SCII, Ghost is entirely scrapped.

Anshinritsumai
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 12:29 am  Reply with quote
Forum Sniper
Forum Sniper

Americanboy3 wrote:
Correct kibbs, but it is scrapped because with the announcement of SCII, they are only focusing on SCII. And the other departments are keeping the current Blizzard games up and running and how everyone likes them. Also, Ghost was going to be a console game, which completely went against what Blizzard is known for and what I consider part of the reason it was scrapped. IMO, with the announcement of SCII, Ghost is entirely scrapped.

No where have they stated that SC:G was scrapped because of SC2 development. After the bit of SC:G that I played, I seriously thought that it could've been a worthwhile game. Sure, it would've been hard for them to keep WoW and crap going while developing two other games, but there's still no confirmation on SC:G's cancellation because of SC2. And the only real statement i've seen Blizz make about SC:G's cancellation is that they wanted to focus on the next generation of consoles for development if they decide to continue on the project.
Fjorn
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 7:57 am  Reply with quote
Forum Sniper
Forum Sniper

the company Blizz hired to code ghost (as blizz isn't console coder) dropped the ball, and so did the second

-[CfH]-Server Admin
Anshinritsumai
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 1:30 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Sniper
Forum Sniper

Fjorn wrote:
the company Blizz hired to code ghost (as blizz isn't console coder) dropped the ball, and so did the second

More like they got bought out by and merged with Blizz, and still dropped the ball either way =x
Americanboy3
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 8:47 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

Blizzard can't make console games. And if they are developing SCII, why the hell would they even put any effort into Ghost?

And back to SCII. I heard that Blizzard will be handing out beta codes at Blizzcon this year. Anyone know if it's true?

Anshinritsumai
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 10:04 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Sniper
Forum Sniper

Americanboy3 wrote:
And back to SCII. I heard that Blizzard will be handing out beta codes at Blizzcon this year. Anyone know if it's true?

I haven't heard anything yet, but based on the last BlizzCon, I wouldn't be surprised. They wouldn't have another BlizzCon if they didn't have something to show off. In 2005, they had The Burning Crusade to show off, and now in 2007, they have StarCraft 2. And during the 2005 BlizzCon, they gave out beta codes to The Burning Crusade; so it's only natural that they'd do this again but with StarCraft 2 instead. I can't wait to go to BlizzCon again, I'm gonna get my tickets ASAP.