View previous topic
Page 2 of 3
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Chips' Fun House Forum Index  ~  Bans, Cheaters & Abuse Reports  ~  A new Ban
Muchez
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 11:16 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Ahh yes, I believe angry said I was wall hacking back on monkey_l too. It appears anyone who can corrispond sound to location = wallhacker. Oh and I'm quite sure this is from turkeyburgers I would assume, when you were getting spawn camped by me?

In any case, its quite the chill and easy spot to play. just preshoot dwon the exit from the spawn tunnel thing, not a problem. Saying I did something like know who was on who's team is clearly not indentifiable by simply one persons word.

I've been playing here for months now, no doubt something like this would have came up LONG ago if this was the case......are you sure you aren't just getting mad...kibbles chum?
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
-SoldierBoy-
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 11:23 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

I would really like to see a demo before anyone is banned for cheating.

G-Baby
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 11:35 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Soldier
Forum Soldier

I agree a demo (evidence) is necessary
Dark Applepolisher
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 11:36 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

I'm with SB on this one. Rolling Eyes

-[CfH]-Server Admin
Falcon
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 11:49 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

well, this is a real touchy situation here. Like chips said it's a admin's word against a player's words. W/out a demo this is a real tough situation. However, fjorn is a admin and chips obviously trusts him enough and his judement to have made him one. On the other hand though like chips said, i do also find it hard to believe that Muchez would do something like this after all the stuff thats happened between CfH and himself. I mean for the past few months i've played w/ him, everything has been cool and theres been no problems. So i dunno.

Now. i do actually remember coming on the main when this going on, (i came on for hunted) but it was toward the end and i really didnt kno what was going on. I knew something was up though because it was discussed. I saw jum in spec, thought maybe he was specing much or whatever i dunno, but this is all i kno. Like i said this a touchy situation here and w/out a demo, it's tougher.

--- Pete + Sam + Dean = chevelle = teh greatest ---

-[CfH]-Server Admin
Mr. Happy
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 12:01 am  Reply with quote
Forum Sniper
Forum Sniper

It was so bad that night I started calling him "He Who Can See Through Walls". The "I can hear you" reasoning was acceptable to a point, but the blind kills got to be so wildly successful that it became implausible.

That being said, I'm here to defend him.

The guy is so damned skilled that in my opinion (though unsolicited) it should require a demo for a ban. Anyone that good should have to be proven guilty beyond a shadow of a doubt.

What other server let's you do stuff like this?? -Chips
-[CfH]-Server Admin
Valkyllias
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 12:59 am  Reply with quote
Forum Sniper
Forum Sniper

I know that of everyone on the forum's opinion, mine is probably the least relevant, and everyone's kind of been saying the same thing, but I agree with AngryOldMan. Muchez is pretty damm good, and I know from my experiance in the game, that if you know the map and position your self properly, you can use sound to determine who's coming from where, and sometimes even if it's an ally or not.
Fjorn
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 1:10 am  Reply with quote
Forum Sniper
Forum Sniper

I know he was good, and spawn camping, I don't mind

and hearing to location ... sure, but that doesn't explain why you only fired when it was hostile showing up

Nonetheless, as I didn't get a demo, I'm going to unban you (or some other admin will if they beat me to it)

-[CfH]-Server Admin
Chance!
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 7:46 am  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

I know personally you can hear a pretty damn far distance and judge accordingly, especially with footsteps on(if footsteps were off on the server, this would be an easier argument).

-[CfH]-Server Admin
Psycho_Chick
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 8:05 am  Reply with quote
Teh Fuzzy Cuteness
Teh Fuzzy Cuteness

I think we need to start giving this guy frequent ban flyer miles. Let him get a tacky mug emblazoned with the cfh logo every, like, 5th time he gets banned and unbanned. Eventually maybe he can work up to a cfh motorcycle or something. Rolling Eyes

Chips
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 12:13 pm  Reply with quote
Grand High Exalted Mystic Ruler
Grand High Exalted Mystic Ruler

Psycho_Chick wrote:
a tacky mug emblazoned with the cfh logo
This could NEVER be tacky. Laughing

Anyway...if the admins had known this was Muchez and banned him based on these facts, I'd be inclined to think is was a biased decision. Since they did not know it was him...kinda lends credence to the charge. In his defense, he did come here to explain his side with the right attitude...unlike other times.

Is he good...why yes, I do believe so. He's definitely one of the more talented players around. However, we have many talented players that don't have accusations thrown at them every two minutes like this guy. Miles comes to mind as someone who has extreme talent...I mean, over the top talent...and faced the same scrutiny that Muchez has. It has always miffed me why peeps so talented ever get mixed up in the dark side of this game...with talent like that, you simply don't NEED to do these things Surprised

That said...I can't be entirely convinced in either direction. I do have my doubts...but unlike others, continue to hold out faith that he knows what's expected here, knows he'll be watched and knows he'll get NO other chances. I don't see him risking that.

Fjorn has agreed to unban him...and like his initial decision, I will back this one also. Please make sure he's unbanned today...I'll check the ban list when I get home.

Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes All eyes on Muchez Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

The only good game, is a fair game...
Why do we park on driveways and drive on parkways! George Carlin - 1937-2008

-[CfH]-Server Admin
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Monster Man
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 1:57 pm  Reply with quote
Forum HW
Forum HW

If Fjorn is wrong, then why is he admin? You dont know what he saw and sure, he doesnt have evidence, but if someone who commits a petty crime in the world today and has evidence of a lot of other crimes in his past, then they do a speedy trial and give him/her the bad news there. You get what I mean? Im not saying he's right or wrong and im definately not saying take Fjorn off the Admin list...but how can you not believe the admin, especially one of our own?

Just wondering, not trying to pick a fight unless it's with Chips. Then in that case, we'll fight for server rights.

Those bots will never be on the server nor care about the server's running.
-SoldierBoy-
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 2:55 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

Chips wrote:
Anyway...if the admins had known this was Muchez and banned him based on these facts, I'd be inclined to think is was a biased decision.

Actually, having been shown kindness before by you and having played on the server much more recently while having fun, if I had known it was Muchez I would be less inclined to think he was cheating. Besides, knowing someone is a good player means that you know where their skill lever should be. We know Much is a good sniper, therefore the great shots he is making are more likely attributed to his skill. If someone we have no clue beforehand of comes on and is making great shots, he is more suspect in my opinion.

Monster Man wrote:
You get what I mean?

No.

Fjorn
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 4:13 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Sniper
Forum Sniper

I only unbanned him because I had no proof

No proof, no ban.
Fair enough?

-[CfH]-Server Admin
Monster Man
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 8:23 pm  Reply with quote
Forum HW
Forum HW

I dont think it's fair.

You're set up as an admin to regulate the server. Your word alone should be good enough otherwise Chips shouldnt have you as an admin. I mean, if it was me that you thought was hacking or SB, then sure, proof. But, no offense to Muchez, he's been caught many many times.

Those bots will never be on the server nor care about the server's running.