Chips' Fun House Forum Index

View next topic
View previous topic
Page 1 of 1
Chips' Fun House Forum Index  ~  Internet Tech  ~  Flash....
Demasu
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 3:45 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

Anyone know of a good place that has a good tutorial on how to make a website in flash? I have the basics down, but my webmastering class isn't teaching me **** and I won't be around there to get more years of it. I basically want to be able to do something like this when I'm done(sound, pictures, music on demand(play buttons, list of songs to chose from, etc.), stuff like that).

RL the ultimate roleplaying experience
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Chips
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 4:53 pm  Reply with quote
Grand High Exalted Mystic Ruler
Grand High Exalted Mystic Ruler

I haven't seen any in years since I haven't done anything in flash in that long. I found it helped to look at the .swf files in flash itself to view the structure and such. They should be in your temporary internet files folder once you're visited a site.

Also, I found the help documentation to be excellent. Searching for what I wanted to do almost always turned up relevant info that I put to use. Now...I made this like 7 years ago in about an hour after first opening flash and checking out some sample animations to see how they were structured.

http://www.irsolutions.biz/flash.htm

Surely nothing fancy...but, it does incorporate motion, sound etc. Flash, I found, can be pretty much self taught if you're willing to look through it's own documentation. The site you linked to was obviously more intricate and would involve greater knowledge certainly. But, you do seem to have some concept of web design and video editing...which is pretty much what flash is a combination of. Smile

Maybe...some day...I'll actually update that site. Sad

The only good game, is a fair game...
Why do we park on driveways and drive on parkways! George Carlin - 1937-2008

-[CfH]-Server Admin
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Americanboy3
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 5:40 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

Last year I took a class at my school similar to yours. We used basic Macromedia Flash and Dreamweaver. It's difficult to learn but I wish they had more classes other than basic courses. Based on the link you gave, I'd suggest just looking for a book at Borders or somewhere

-"A man tells his stories so many times that he becomes the stories. They live on through him, and in that way he becomes immortal." -Big Fish
foot
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 6:14 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Medic
Forum Medic

I bought my wife a book called "Learn html Visually" a few years ago which she used as a working reference to make pages. In no time at all she was doing very well and now her webpage's html validate. She says it was the best gift I've ever given her, except me of course. Good Idea
I'm sure the "visually" series of books has one on Flash! Smile

Audhumla
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 9:02 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

I remember some book like "Sam's teach yourself flash in 30 days" or maybe its thirty hours but that book gave me a great grasp on it that i have now forgotten look at me no punctuation oh no

(dead)-[CfH]-Server Admin but--- because I could not stop for death, He kindly stopped for me
Demasu
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 5:39 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

Chips wrote:
I haven't seen any in years since I haven't done anything in flash in that long. I found it helped to look at the .swf files in flash itself to view the structure and such. They should be in your temporary internet files folder once you're visited a site.

Also, I found the help documentation to be excellent. Searching for what I wanted to do almost always turned up relevant info that I put to use. Now...I made this like 7 years ago in about an hour after first opening flash and checking out some sample animations to see how they were structured.

http://www.irsolutions.biz/flash.htm

Surely nothing fancy...but, it does incorporate motion, sound etc. Flash, I found, can be pretty much self taught if you're willing to look through it's own documentation. The site you linked to was obviously more intricate and would involve greater knowledge certainly. But, you do seem to have some concept of web design and video editing...which is pretty much what flash is a combination of. Smile

Maybe...some day...I'll actually update that site. Sad

I'm able to do all the stuff you did in that flash, it's the more complicated things I want to do, like have a list of songs to listen to, and you click on the one you want to hear, press play, and it plays, and if you don't stop it it'll continue on to the next one in the list. I can already kind of do a photo gallery but I had problems with scrolling through thumbnails(it was a long list of thumbnails that you could scroll through, and if you clicked one it'd load the larger image up above it), although the problem with it was I was using an outdated command, and I couldn't find the equivalent of it for my version(MX 2004). I can make a basic webpage in flash, but so far all I've found(for free) just tells me how to put an animation in a webpage, not actually make a webpage, and not just an animation. I'll keep looking though, but I'd rather not spend a lot of money on a book for it. Thanks for the help though.

RL the ultimate roleplaying experience
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger