View previous topic
Page 6 of 6
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Chips' Fun House Forum Index  ~  Our Forum Members  ~  Hobthebob
Hobthebob
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 12:48 am  Reply with quote
Forum Soldier
Forum Soldier

EH, I searched some forums for advice and the problem was that fluorescent lights are better for plant growth because you can put them closer up without burning the plant so it won't stretch for light, while all the time halogen growing lights were being used. Hopefully the plants will bush up and prosper. We'll see....

cris
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 2:06 am  Reply with quote
Forum Medic
Forum Medic

If you want some good grow FAQ and startup guides, i know of some. Hit me a PM or something. Also, make sure your "friend" is watering it enough so that the soil is always moist, but not soaked.

Hobthebob
PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 6:59 am  Reply with quote
Forum Soldier
Forum Soldier

Hobthebob is really cool.
Also I'm trying to quit smoking cigs, anyone have some good advice or good stories about quitting?

My dad started smoking at around the age of 14 and died from cancer a little over a year ago at the age of 57, but he quit smoking after he was diagnosed. I don't want to end up like him, plus I want to save lots of money on my car insurance by switching to gaiko, so who will join me by quitting?!!

JOIN ME!!!

tiger
PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 9:02 am  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

geico, and that first statement is debatable while bordering on the line of completely and utterly untrue. my cool story is that my mom quit smoking while she was pregnant with me, thats about it cause she started back up afterwards and i have 21 years of secondhand smoke in me. yay! go team go!

0:00:35 IsLeS PiPeS-[AF] HW NO CONC AIM - said over enemy team_chat about Yur_Mom 35 seconds into the match Very Happy
-[CfH]-Server Admin
-SoldierBoy-
PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 10:52 am  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

Yeah, just get pregnant.

Demasu
PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 3:39 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

Pick up something else, like drinking water or eating sunflower seeds instead of smoking. Chances are you'll then be addicted to that instead of smoking, but it should be better than smoking.

RL the ultimate roleplaying experience
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
FullMetalSchrappnel
PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 4:50 am  Reply with quote
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

i quit once by accupuncture.. worked a treat for 3 1/2 years....
Hobthebob
PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 10:22 am  Reply with quote
Forum Soldier
Forum Soldier

tiger wrote:
geico, and that first statement is debatable while bordering on the line of completely and utterly untrue. my cool story is that my mom quit smoking while she was pregnant with me, thats about it cause she started back up afterwards and i have 21 years of secondhand smoke in me. yay! go team go!

Well that was pretty amazing that she was able to quit while pregnant anyway.

So you're basically a smoker, are you addicted to second hand smoke?

Demasu, maybe I'll substitute picking my nose for smoking, that way whenever I drive my car I have to constantly try my best not to pick my nose around people. I know this kid who can pick his nose with his tongue.... weird.

The Crimson King
PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 11:09 am  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

go to the gym and get buff. and if you get cravings, brush your teeth with some really strong tooth paste, make's cigarettes taste disgusting. (this way, you'll also have better teeth!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
-SoldierBoy-
PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 11:29 am  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

Smoke more pot to cut the nicotine craving. It's kind of better...

Valkyllias
PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 12:46 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Sniper
Forum Sniper

Well, find something that will take care of your oral fixation, like gum or sunflower seeds would work too.

As for stories, my brother has been smoking for 11 years and has tried to quit many times and faliled. His girlfriend had been trying to get him to quit for a while now, and he decided to do something kind of weird. He went to a hypnotist, I'm not sure what happened, or what he did to him, and it hasn't been long but it seems to be working. As long as he doesn't think about smoking he doesn't have the uncontrollable urge to smoke.

So maybe check that out, or just don't think or talk about smoking.

Hobthebob
PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 1:50 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Soldier
Forum Soldier

That's an amazing story! I'll have to check out prices for hypnotists. It makes sense that you can somehow train your mind to do anything it wants and feel anything you want. I guess hypnotists do the mind training for you to a certain end.

Chips
PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 8:32 pm  Reply with quote
Grand High Exalted Mystic Ruler
Grand High Exalted Mystic Ruler

An older woman I work with just had a laser procedure in order to quit. The doc shot her with a laser in her ears, tonsils and somewhere on here hands...believe it or not. She hasn't had a ciggy in 3 weeks now. She says she has no cravings whatsoever. Surprised I believe she said it cost $175.00.

I've been smoking 30 years. This past summer, I tried the nicotrol inhaler. They're plastic cartridges that hold a nicotine capsule...that you hold and inhale like a cigarette. I went the whole weekend without a smoke with no urges or side effects other than some gas...yeah, that's one of the possible side effects. But, hardly anything that would make you not use it.

I got up to go to work that Monday...and panicked. There's NO place to get smokes near where I work without getting in your car a driving a few miles. So I took a real pack with me...and started smoking again. Sad

But...I know when I get the nerve to try it again...that those will definitely help me. The thing is ... you really have to WANT to stop. I enjoy smoking. However, the cost is starting to get to me. My wife smokes also and we figure we spend approx $350.00 per month on smokes. I can think of better things to do with that kind of money. I'm going to try again real soon. Good Idea

The only good game, is a fair game...
Why do we park on driveways and drive on parkways! George Carlin - 1937-2008

-[CfH]-Server Admin
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Mr. Happy
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 9:28 am  Reply with quote
Forum Sniper
Forum Sniper

I did the patch and used the gum when necessary. They say don't mix them, but the patch let's out a steady stream of nicotine yet smoking is a peak and valley type "high".
So my answer was follow the instructions on the patch; 21, 14 then 7 mg for the time recommended - and augment three or six pieces of 2mg gum a day when the crave got bad. I wouldn't have made it with the patch alone.
Use the same technology that keeps alcoholics and drug addicts clean and sober: if the nicotine lies to you and tells you to "just take a drag" you may as well go buy a carton and start over. One is too many. There is no such thing as "just a drag" for a smoker.

Here's some food for thought:
Crack smokers get three or four hits from a "rock" and smoke perhaps a dozen rocks a day = 48 hits.
Cigarette smokers get 12 to 15 hits off a cigarette and smoke 20 to 30 a day = 240/450 hits.
Don't underestimate the power of nicotine. Just because you don't see it happening quickly, you are dying. There will come a time when you will want that time back.

Also, remember why you quit smoking. Both my grandparents died from smoking related lung disease. I kept imaging my 5 year old as a young man visiting me in the hospital - both of us wishing things were different.

I quit smoking June 06.

What other server let's you do stuff like this?? -Chips
-[CfH]-Server Admin