Chips' Fun House Forum Index

View next topic
View previous topic
Page 1 of 1
Chips' Fun House Forum Index  ~  Questions, Suggestions and Recommendations  ~  cfh server suggestions
rebel_leader
PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2006 7:38 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Soldier
Forum Soldier

ive noticed the server being sorta empty latley, prolly cuz of holiday season so i searched around for some new ones, i hit one bad one, with a useful mod, and one great one, where osme of u already play. the bad one, which i no longer remeber the name had a 'stuck' mod where , is upon getting stuck you type stuck in console it sorta jerks you around , an admin slap with 0 damage of sorts, and gets u disloged from many places, i tried to exploit it with noclip, but it even worked with that at times. maybe we should look into that?

the good server i hit was odins graveyard. many talented players play there and i really enjoyed the map nomination system they have there. every like 20 min or so it lets you nominate maps by typing them, and then pulls up a vote with some of the maps nominated, if none are nominated it generates some random ones. also it doesnt allow for the playing of the same map, if it was played in the last 10 maps, and has options to extend map. maybe we should look into the thing they use? cuz their server is pretty damn popular.

any thougts?

rebel
Chips
PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2006 8:41 pm  Reply with quote
Grand High Exalted Mystic Ruler

Odin's has long been a popular server for players lookings for league style play with rules that propose that style of play. We, having started as a "fun" server, have several of those fun elements still around. The difference between our servers is emense. On our server, later in the evening...there tends to be more structure in play style. It all depends on who you end up playing with when you're there. Neutral

We run more mods, I would imagine, than most servers out there. I really don't want to push the setup we have currently as there's enough going on here already. I've given the ability for peeps to nominate and start votes before...with disasterous effects. The same maps always get nominated and we'll play sc5x_bonus_beta2 all day. Shocked

Our server is what it is...a place to gather, have some fun gaming while being able to talk to your friends. It's more a 20 person conference call with some gaming going on in the background. Laughing It's nice to have a diverse choice of places to play...imo. Good Idea

The only good game, is a fair game...
Why do we park on driveways and drive on parkways! George Carlin - 1937-2008

-[CfH]-Server Admin
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
rebel_leader
PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 11:50 am  Reply with quote
Forum Soldier
Forum Soldier

so stuck mods a no?

Chips
PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 3:43 pm  Reply with quote

Just ask any admin to bury you if you really want to be stuck that bad. Laughing

Seriously...I don't see a desperate need for it. Neutral

-[CfH]-Server Admin
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
tiger
PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 6:14 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

well on a regular ctf/adl map pub i dont really see any need for it(the unstuckme mod or whatever it is called). only time i see a need for it is with saveme/posme on servers with skills/escape maps.

0:00:35 IsLeS PiPeS-[AF] HW NO CONC AIM - said over enemy team_chat about Yur_Mom 35 seconds into the match Very Happy
-[CfH]-Server Admin
Chips
PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 10:27 pm  Reply with quote

tiger wrote:
only time i see a need for it is with saveme/posme on servers with skills/escape maps.

This is for wussys. Bad Idea
Like the guy who was on a couple of weeks ago crying for anti-conc. Laughing
Either you have the skill to complete the map as the mapmaker intended... or you don't. Razz

-[CfH]-Server Admin
Howling Man is 1337
PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 12:13 am  Reply with quote
Forum Soldier
Forum Soldier

Chips wrote:
and we'll play sc5x_bonus_beta2 all day. Shocked

I'm sold.

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Bentdog
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 1:53 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Medic
Forum Medic

Ive suggested this time and time again. Everyone needs a script, that allows ME to play better. Like go-go gadget Bent Sux A$$. Smile

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 2:00 pm  Reply with quote
Forum HW
Forum HW

Chips wrote:
Seriously...I don't see a desperate need for it. Neutral

Like the chicken mod and 80% of what ever you have on that server...right? Neutral

Those bots will never be on the server nor care about the server's running.
Audhumla
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 3:12 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

Chips, the 'stuck' mod, if I recall right doesn't get you stuck, it frees you from being stuck, by teleporting/moving you a few feet from where you were. It's a minor convenience on maps where it's possible to get stuck in something, and keeps you from having to kill yourself.

And anti-conc on conc maps is pathetic and sad. saveme/posme I'll abuse the hell out of, and inf. rockets makes things eeeeaaasssyy but a/c on conc maps = noooo

(dead)-[CfH]-Server Admin but--- because I could not stop for death, He kindly stopped for me
Chips
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 4:19 pm  Reply with quote

You have to be an absolute idiot to get stuck on a map. Must be why it happens to me once a month or so. Embarassed

Anyway...die like a man (or woman) and just get it over with. No need for a mod to help you save one death in the stats. Laughing

Oddly enough, I've been experimenting with AMX ModX. It's got user friendly menu's, some great stuff built in and some functionality AdminMod just doesn't have.

I'm looking at what works with it, to see what if anything we'd lose from our current set up. So far, I've only tested it with the bots. They work fine. Neutral

Point is...many "new" things to the game seem to be more easily done with AMX ModX. I've only seen some base plug-ins, but I like what I've seen so far. Good Idea

-[CfH]-Server Admin
tiger
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 5:19 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

well if you ever want to try everything with some humans, give some of us a shout and setup your home server or something

0:00:35 IsLeS PiPeS-[AF] HW NO CONC AIM - said over enemy team_chat about Yur_Mom 35 seconds into the match Very Happy
-[CfH]-Server Admin
Dark Applepolisher
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 5:35 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

<3 AMX mod fireworks

-[CfH]-Server Admin
Fjorn
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 6:45 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Sniper
Forum Sniper

whoo, amxx

-[CfH]-Server Admin
Chips
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 7:35 pm  Reply with quote

Yes...I'll definitely want to test it with a full load at some point. I've heard tell that this mod uses more resources than AdminMod...we'll see about that. Neutral

Never saw "their" fireworks. Surprised

-[CfH]-Server Admin