Chips' Fun House Forum Index

View next topic
View previous topic
Page 1 of 2
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Chips' Fun House Forum Index  ~  Questions, Suggestions and Recommendations  ~  bot vote
rebel_leader
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 9:36 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Soldier
Forum Soldier

is there some way to make the map voting correspond to the number of people in the server, cuz it gets boring playing the same maps over and over again cuz you cant get 6 votes in at all.

or maybe can we just switch up the map rotation? dunno.
Chips
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 10:00 pm  Reply with quote
Grand High Exalted Mystic Ruler

We tried with a reworked plug-in ... with bad results ... so , no. The map rotation was just changed. Rolling Eyes

The only good game, is a fair game...
Why do we park on driveways and drive on parkways! George Carlin - 1937-2008

-[CfH]-Server Admin
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Foxtrot
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 10:20 pm  Reply with quote
Forum HW
Forum HW

What about a way to vote the bots out?
StaR
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 10:33 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

Didn't we have a thread like this before?

And we do have a plug-in that votes wheither to keep the bots or not, but I'm not sure if it's automatic. I don't see it anymore...

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 10:34 pm  Reply with quote

Foxtrot wrote:
What about a way to vote the bots out?

That would involve giving EVERYONE "rockthevote", vote kick, etc...it was a nightmare. Surprised

People were voting for new maps every 5 minutes...never a map played that was finished. Rolling Eyes

The only good game, is a fair game...
Why do we park on driveways and drive on parkways! George Carlin - 1937-2008

-[CfH]-Server Admin
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Falcon
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 3:41 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

i kno most people around here dont like the bots, but i myself have no problems w/ them...i mean when i'm on and some people want them gone i'll kick them or lower the limit to 10 or 12 all the time, but i personally like playin w/ the bots cause it helps sharpen up some of ur tfc skillz a lil bit. I can honestly say that that Chipster bot is better than like 1/3 of people that play on the server lol. The auto-aim is very annoying i'll admit, but like chips has said in previous posts, the bots can be easily avoided and tricked if ya kno what ur doing.

There's been so many of these threads and nothing is gonna change, so just live w/ it people...these threads are getting old as Apple's "go home" line.

--- Pete + Sam + Dean = chevelle = teh greatest ---

-[CfH]-Server Admin
Audhumla
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 3:44 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

Go home, Falcon

(dead)-[CfH]-Server Admin but--- because I could not stop for death, He kindly stopped for me
Falcon
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 3:46 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

go fall into a ditch w/ dr.evil and die...

-[CfH]-Server Admin
tiger
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 4:42 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

negative, they cannot be "tricked" always. as an offensive player, it is very very annoying when playing with bots because they are always around to shoot you, even all the way across the yard they are still popping you with accuracy. and always getting to the other base with half health, or dying when you got away with the flag with 12 health and being shot by one from a long ways away randomly is annoying. and having to go out of my way to get to the other base sucks, especially cause itll leave me with only one good option to get to the other base, whichll easily be recognized. boooo bots booooooooo. and actually, all of dark's stupid little lines are old, and have been old.

0:00:35 IsLeS PiPeS-[AF] HW NO CONC AIM - said over enemy team_chat about Yur_Mom 35 seconds into the match Very Happy
-[CfH]-Server Admin
bird^
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 4:52 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Soldier
Forum Soldier

Falcon wrote:
i kno most people around here dont like the bots, but i myself have no problems w/ them...i mean when i'm on and some people want them gone i'll kick them or lower the limit to 10 or 12 all the time, but i personally like playin w/ the bots cause it helps sharpen up some of ur tfc skillz a lil bit. I can honestly say that that Chipster bot is better than like 1/3 of people that play on the server lol. The auto-aim is very annoying i'll admit, but like chips has said in previous posts, the bots can be easily avoided and tricked if ya kno what ur doing.

There's been so many of these threads and nothing is gonna change, so just live w/ it people...these threads are getting old as Apple's "go home" line.

Eh, but tricking a bot is completely different than tricking a human. Learning to "beat" the bots isnt going to really help you play against humans at all, unless you have no aim whatsoever and need practice. Even then, the bots lag all over the place and dont even provide good practice targets, and you're missing out on the whole strategy side of the game, which I think is more important than your aiming skills.

I'll always stand by this, play with people who are better than you all the time, and soon enough you will find you are able to keep up with them, thats how I learned to play, not by killing some stupid bot all day long.
Dark Applepolisher
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 6:21 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

Whoa there's a lot of love for a man who hasn't even posted anything in this thread yet. Razz

But yeah, this topic is getting old and redundant. IT AINT GONNA HAPPEN, QUIT POSTING IT EVERY OTHER MONTH.

And tiger....... no u.

-[CfH]-Server Admin
Falcon
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 8:13 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

well i meant for the newer players or regs that are trying to get better bird^ lol, but even at times the solly bot can be a real biatch hehe

-[CfH]-Server Admin
foot
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 9:14 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Medic
Forum Medic

It would be a very lonely server for most of the day and very late at night without the bots. Often there arn't enough peeps online to make a decent game and the bots make a game at least playable. Shocked
Falcon, you're right about being able to trick the bots. A bot will give up on you if you get out of their sight for a moment where a human would know where you are and come to finish you off. Wink And if a bot sees you, it will come straight at you shooting at you alowing you to set a nasty nade trap for it. Wink

But I still think Chips server would be virtually deserted like many of the servers online except during peak hours if it weren't for having the bots to take advantage of. And anyone who has seen my skills improve over the last several months since I started to play here, should consider that is, at least in part, due to the practice I've gotten abusing the bots. No it dosn't make me so good that I can beat just any human player, but I have gotten more deadly to them also and am still improving. So my two cents worth is to leave the bots as they are for that reason. I would like the ability to ,maybe, change the bots setting to a level higher than medium on those quiet days when it's just me, Scorpion and Ghost playing, but I understand that would probably just open a can of worms for some peeps to complain about. Good Idea

ghost53
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 7:10 am  Reply with quote
Forum Medic
Forum Medic

i agree i dont mine playing with the bots it not fun with two or three players and no bots and at lest the
bots cant use speed hacks and they cant get six head shots in a row and they all dont go on one side and gang up on one or two humans on the
other team they never stack the teams,but i theres 7 huamns on each side than the bots should go,but i injoy playing with them,and they do play as good as humans some better,most of you are a lot better player than me,and the bots help me get better and i have notest and few of you are injoying gangup on me have fun now because one day your time will come

bird^
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 11:07 am  Reply with quote
Forum Soldier
Forum Soldier

ghost53 wrote:
i agree i dont mine playing with the bots it not fun with two or three players and no bots and at lest the
bots cant use speed hacks and they cant get six head shots in a row and they all dont go on one side and gang up on one or two humans on the
other team they never stack the teams,but i theres 7 huamns on each side than the bots should go,but i injoy playing with them,and they do play as good as humans some better,most of you are a lot better player than me,and the bots help me get better and i have notest and few of you are injoying gangup on me have fun now because one day your time will come

Ghost is my hero.