Chips' Fun House Forum Index

View next topic
View previous topic
Page 1 of 1
Chips' Fun House Forum Index  ~  Other Games & Mods  ~  World of Warcraft: The Burning Crusade Closed Beta
Anshinritsumai
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 9:42 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Sniper
Forum Sniper

[ FAQ ]
1) The beta started Wednesday, October 11th, 2006.

2) The beta does not have a NDA (Non-Disclosure Agreement):
-I can divulge information about the expansion due to this.

3) The beta is a "Closed Beta", so you cannot get into the beta unless you we're:
-A BlizzCon Attendee
-1.10 PTR "Contest Winner"

4) There is no confirmed release date for the Burning Crusade.
Dates from GameStop, EBGames, Amazon, or any other retailer or website; are unofficial and should not be read as such.

[ Anshin's WoW Closed Beta Media Site ]
http://anshin.deimortium.com/WoW/Beta/
Azeroth.jpg:
-Shows the slightly modified world map (both Kalimdor and Eastern Kingdoms)

Blood Elf Jokes.wma:
-An audio file containing a few Blood Elf /silly jokes.

Blood Elf Mounts.jpg:
-An image file showing the Blood Elf Mount, a Hawkstrider (or a Cockatrice, if you like that term more).

Blood Elf Ship.jpg:
-A Blood Elf ship docked at the Sunsail Anchorage, currently out of business due to being over-run by "Wretched."

Cosmic Map.jpg:
-A map where players can select either Outland or Azeroth, this occurs when you "right-click" to go "up one level" in the world map of Azeroth.

Dark Portal.wmv:
-A video showcasing the aftermath of the Dark Portal World Event that will be completed before players have access to Outland.
-Also, please excuse the excessive talking in the video, they couldn't take the hint that I was recording at the time.

Eastern Kingdoms.jpg:
-Map of the slightly modifed Eastern Kingdoms, this shows the small change made to the north-eastern side above the Eastern Plaguelands, where Quel'Thalas (Blood Elf n00b zone and Silvermoon City) is located.

Eversong Woods.jpg:
-Map of the Blood Elf n00b zone, Eversong Woods. Sunstrider Isle is where players appear upon entering world as a newly made character.

Exodar.jpg:
-Exodar is the Draenei City, part of the Azuremyst/Bloodmyst Isles, that we're added in the Expansion, and are just south-west of Teldrassil.

Fel Reaver.jpg:
-Image of my character questing in Outland when a level ?? (10+ levels to a level 60) Fel Reaver came around. He doesn't look too happy Sad

Ghostlands (In-Game).jpg:
-An in-game image (ie: character, environment, mobs, etc) of the Ghostlands, the zone just after the Eversong Woods for Blood Elf n00bs. This zone is the equivalent of a "Westfall" and is catered to levels 10-20.

Ghostlands.jpg:
-Map of the Ghostlands, just south of the Eversong Woods and North of the Eastern Plaguelands. Note, Deatholme is NOT an instance; in fact, there are NO instances within the Blood Elf zones except for Zul'Aman in the South-Eastern Corner of Ghostlands, which is a level 60+ Raid instance.

Hyjal Map Sploit.jpg:
-This image showcases the map change Blizzard has made to prevent players from entering Mount Hyjal from Darkwhisper Gorge in Winterspring. The terrain my character is trying to go up, has been severely modified to the point where a path that was smooth and easy to get up, has been changed to nearly a 90 degree angle and cannot be attempted in any way.

Kalimdor.jpg:
-This image shows the new map of Kalimdor on Azeroth. The small change includes the addition of Bloodmyst Isle, and Azuremyst Isle. The Exodar, the Draenei City, is present on these Isles as well.

Login Screen (+Audio).wmv:
-This is a 3:45 (min:sec) video showcasing the new login screen and the newly refined version of the original "Legends" music by Jason Hayes.

Netherweave.wmv:
-This is a quick video that shows a level 61-62 cloth item set that tailors can make when they learn Master Tailoring (300-375) by speaking to a Grand Master Tailor. The items require Tailoring 315-330.

Outland.jpg:
-An overall "world map" of Outland, showing the Hellfire Penninsula, Zangarmarsh, Terokkar Forest, Nagrand, Blade's Edge Mountains, Shadowmoon Valley, and the Netherstorm.

Silvermoon City.wmv:
-A video run-through of the capital of the Blood Elven civilization, Silvermoon City.

Silvermoon.jpg:
-A map of the Blood Elf city, Silvermoon City.

Last edited by Anshinritsumai on Mon Oct 16, 2006 5:36 pm; edited 4 times in total

BaDaCE
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 1:35 am  Reply with quote
Forum Soldier
Forum Soldier

when is it coming out, and when does the PTR become available

-SoldierBoy- wrote:
Are you going to rasterbate with your brother? Thats very nice of you to lend a hand.
Anshinritsumai
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 1:34 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Sniper
Forum Sniper

Release Date unknown, though their hoping the end of the year and I can safely say that the game is no where near ready for end of the year.

The Public PTR will be available a few weeks (or days) before the expansion is released, but you will not be able to play Expansion Content, it's only a test for the new UI changes for the most part.

Anshinritsumai
PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 4:37 am  Reply with quote
Forum Sniper
Forum Sniper

I got bored and posted a few world map screenshots, video of new login screen (w/ new music too), and an audio file of blood elf male jokes (not all are present, it's missing like 2).

You can view them here:
http://anshin.deimortium.com/WoW/Beta/

rage
PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 10:10 am  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

what are the draenie (sp) mounts and is there a way to test this before it comes out?

WTF

Nerve-ana wrote:
oh when i woke up i realized i pissed myself lol was walking throught the town with a huge stain on my pants.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Fjorn
PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 3:03 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Sniper
Forum Sniper

I know Blizz is trying for a holliday release for the release

-[CfH]-Server Admin
Anshinritsumai
PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 3:06 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Sniper
Forum Sniper

@ Fjorn:
Fjorn wrote:
I know Blizz is trying for a holliday release for the release

Anshinritsumai wrote:
Release Date unknown, though their hoping the end of the year and I can safely say that the game is no where near ready for end of the year.

@ Rage:
Currently, Blood Elves and Draenei are level capped at 20 (the next patch will remove this), so we cannot use the mounts (except our characters we copied from our servers). Also, I have not seen the Draenei mounts, but will go take a look around.

Fjorn
PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 3:39 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Sniper
Forum Sniper

I was affirming your statement silly

-[CfH]-Server Admin
Audhumla
PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 3:47 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

I'd imagine they'd probably have the mount salesmen in the city after the Dranei starting zone?

(dead)-[CfH]-Server Admin but--- because I could not stop for death, He kindly stopped for me
Anshinritsumai
PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 7:40 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Sniper
Forum Sniper

Audhumla wrote:
I'd imagine they'd probably have the mount salesmen in the city after the Dranei starting zone?

Yea, I just haven't made a Draenei yet =x.

Anshinritsumai
PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 5:28 am  Reply with quote
Forum Sniper
Forum Sniper

Updated the main post, as well as including a link to media and a list of all media.