Chips' Fun House Forum Index

View next topic
View previous topic
Page 1 of 1
Chips' Fun House Forum Index  ~  Questions, Suggestions and Recommendations  ~  mics, n teams
the RKO
PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 10:11 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

ya, im not tryin to be a dink or anything bout this or nuttin but,

when i play tfc, i play it to have some fun and some stress relief :p

for the past couple nights, its been more like hell and stressful

the reasons would be ....ta da look at topic name :p

when people use mics constantly it lags people that have crap for comps/internet connections . i.e-me :p . so could people plz not like yell into their mic or use it excessively, typin isnt hard ^.^ u get the hang of it eventually lol

and bout the teams, usually when i go on this server, i usually see the pwning players completely anialate the noobs.
if there someone that would be atleast reasonable to see that sometimes 0_o or r they having too much fun gettin high in ranks easy as hell.

ive seen teams that have been like....8v1 or something, and the 1 player wasnt too good :p

so if "possible" can people look into those kinda things and think ^.^
Kindbud
PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 11:28 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Medic
Forum Medic

i blame bonsai. it is his fault somehow i just know it.....

Have you had a sip from the SHUT THE HELL UP cup today?
Yur_Mom
PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 11:44 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Medic
Forum Medic

Kindbud is the 1 V 8 usually..

hehe

And I love it Mom
Howling Man is 1337
PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 12:00 am  Reply with quote
Forum Soldier
Forum Soldier

I don't own a keyboard, so I can't type.

Sorry.

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Dark Applepolisher
PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 12:37 am  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

Learn to simulate the electronic impulses generated by a keyboard by knawing on a wire hooked up to the computer, noob.

-[CfH]-Server Admin
BaDaCE
PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 2:52 am  Reply with quote
Forum Soldier
Forum Soldier

welcome to CfH, RKO.

-SoldierBoy- wrote:
Are you going to rasterbate with your brother? Thats very nice of you to lend a hand.
Foxtrot
PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 8:36 am  Reply with quote
Forum HW
Forum HW

You can mute the people that talk alot.

That would save you heaps of trouble. The teams thing is something you just have to ask about. People around here are decent enough to fix it up if you make it known that one team is just all bots and only one or two people.
the RKO
PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 8:48 am  Reply with quote
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

i wouldnt want to mute them due to that they r the good people on the server, its jus they use the mic a lil too much :p

and the teams thing, well in all honesty, someone "should" atleast know or realize that the teams would be unfair :p
Chips
PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 10:34 am  Reply with quote
Grand High Exalted Mystic Ruler
Grand High Exalted Mystic Ruler

Most people are more than willing to even the teams when asked...that's usually all you have to do. Because of the bots...the auto select feature really isn't a viable method for evening teams. Just ask...and ask again if you need to. Sometimes teams are even and then a few drop from one side halfway through the match...peeps seem to be less likely to change when this happens. Again, just let everyone know the situation.

Usually, there's a good game to be found...I say "usually". Seemed like every team I was on last night was outskilled...even though the teams were even. Some of the better players do like to team up which tends to make the game lopsided. On Casbah last night...it seemed to me I was the only one trying to defend our base as about 4 or 5 attackers came in constantly. I was playing engie and couldn't even build a gun past level two before it's be taken down and our base constantly overrun. Two or three players were just standing around allowing this to happen...right there next to me. That doesn't even take into account the 3 people standing idle in respawn.

This was a ton of fun for the other team...who doesn't like to whoop the other guy. But was absolutely no fun for me...so I left. Pretty much all you can do with anything in life (even a game) that you're not enjoying. Move on to the next thing and come back and try again later.

As far as the mics...this has always been what makes the fun house fun...being able to tell the guy you just owned how you owned him. Laughing We've had open mics for over two years now and most are accustomed to it. There's no harm in muting someone you don't want to listen to. There are often action packed rounds where no one speaks at all...like Avanti...constant, close battle that makes talking difficult cause no one hears you due to all the "noise".

Anyone should be telling others that teams are uneven...either numberwise or skillwise. Everyone is here to have fun. The most fun games are balanced, controlled games. That's what I'd like to see more of.

The only good game, is a fair game...
Why do we park on driveways and drive on parkways! George Carlin - 1937-2008

-[CfH]-Server Admin
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
NY-Steak
PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 1:33 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

I feel the same way about mics. Sometimes people yakking away really bugs me. Badly. It's not what they're saying or who's talking, it's just that they're talking. I can't listen to talk shows on TV or talk radio or morning DJs on the radio that have had way too little sleep and way too much caffeine, unless I'm actively listening to the dialogue. If it's in the background, it really grates on my nerves.

When that happens on TFC, I just go into options and disable voice for the game until I feel like listening to people again. Most of the time I play with no voice comm, although lately on CfH I've left it on and enjoyed it.

Keep comin back, and just turn off voice or mute people who are being obnoxious. You're an ace player and I really enjoyed getting killed repeatedly by you the other night. Smile

As for teams, yeah it can suck when the bots are running around in circles in respawn. I just try to kinda go with it if the teams won't even out, and have as much fun as I can even if my team loses. I feel that's what stress relief is about, not the result of what you do but just the act of doing it in itself.