View previous topic
Page 1 of 3
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Chips' Fun House Forum Index  ~  General Server Notices  ~  GameSurge Chat Room
jarrett4
PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 12:49 am  Reply with quote
Forum Sniper
Forum Sniper

I've come to the conclusion that none of you are going to come to the chat room on my obscure server that I run it on, so by popular demand (like 3 of you) I've moved the server over to the GameSurge server. The information for the room is as follows:

Server: irc.gamesurge.net

Room: #CfH

My next post I'll copy all of the information for those of you that have no idea how to get to the chat from my post for the previous chat room (that no one joined Evil or Very Mad).

Note: If you can please try to idle in the room, the more people we have in there the better a chance of someone being there to have a conversation.
jarrett4
PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 12:53 am  Reply with quote
Forum Sniper
Forum Sniper

Here is how to connect to the chat for anyone that needs to know:

First download the chat client, I use mIRC however there are other ones. You can get that at http://www.mirc.co.uk/get.html .

Note: When you run mIRC it says it is a 30 day evaluation but don't worry about it. When the 30 days are up just click continue and you can continue using it. Also I'd like to point out that the version I am using is 6.12 and the current one is 6.16, so if they have fixed that or have made other changes just let me know and I'll try to help.

Once you have mIRC running click the options icon near the top of the screen(the little hammer and folder). In this menu fill in your nickname and alternate nick name slot(alternate is incase someone on the server already has your first name.

Next click the plus next to connect to bring down the sub-menu and click the server choice. Here click the add button and fill the blanks in with this info:

Description - Put whatever you want the name to be, it doesn't matter

IRC server - irc.gamesurge.net

Port - 6667

Everything Else - Leave empty

Once you've filled that in click the Add button and then look in the pull down list under IRC server and whatever you named the server should be in that list at the bottom, pick that.

Then after you've done all that click the Connect to Server button and it should begin connecting.

Once everything has stopped type /join #CfH and it should bring you into the room.

That's it, once you're there I'll help you in registering your nickname and all that good stuff, just remember if you try saying something to me if I'm there I may be away or playing TFC, just give it some time and eventually I should respond. If you have any questions or problems during all this either ask it in this thread or leave me a message on here.

See you there. (hopefully Laughing)

Last edited by jarrett4 on Sun Mar 13, 2005 7:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Chips
PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 2:37 am  Reply with quote
Grand High Exalted Mystic Ruler

Nice job Jarrett... Laughing

C'mon people...we left this guy hanging the last time. Let's support his efforts with a few more bodies this time. Those that wished it to be on gamesurge...should make the effort to show up.

There's 77 members in our forums already...a small but growing community. This is but another tool to stay in touch...find out what's happening with the server (actually, servers now Smile) and keep in tune with upcoming mods on the HL2 engine.

Effort was made...let's support that effort...woohoo.wav

The only good game, is a fair game...
Why do we park on driveways and drive on parkways! George Carlin - 1937-2008

-[CfH]-Server Admin
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Audhumla
PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 2:44 am  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

I was on for an hour or so.

(dead)-[CfH]-Server Admin but--- because I could not stop for death, He kindly stopped for me
TeKniX
PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 11:31 am  Reply with quote
Forum Scout
Forum Scout

I used to idle on gamesurge almost 24/7. Since I stopped playing at .id there wasnt much sense of me keeping the program open. Now that cfh has a irc channel expect to see me there...welll....all the time now.

Though .id had a nice little irc program where we admins could keep tab of the players and everything else through irc channels. Rather nice to not be ingame, but watch everything going on and give the random admin command here and there to keep everything flowing. Nothing funnier than a confused lamer wondering how he keeps getting slayed.

Chips
PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 4:38 pm  Reply with quote

What software is used to do that?
I for one, am interested how to tie that all together... Cool

-[CfH]-Server Admin
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
TeKniX
PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 7:48 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Scout
Forum Scout

The program used was originally designed by an .id member, who long since left after dealing with Nukems crap.

Chips, I hate to say it, but Nukem is truly an a$$. It takes some time to learn it after you join, but you'll see that hes really just destroying a once prominant server.

Anyway, EdGruberman designed this sentinel bot to watch all servers through irc. Its nicest touch is, a designated word (such as admin) will trigger to the main irc channel. So if someone says ingame "admin, theres a hacker in here." or "admin, can we get a map changed to ___" That line will show up in the irc chat

You have to create a new channel for this to work, at .id our are id.tv.experience or invasion or whatever server name. So yours could be along the lines of cfh.tv.chipsfunhouse or something along those lines. All admin commands work through irc through @admin admin_kick or whatever you want.

Hate to ramble on, but I want to let you know as much as I can. You can set up anther channel that monitors all the admin_chat, as well as send your admin chat to the server. Or in the main .tv channel, you can type @tfc your message here - and it will display in the normal chat.

Now, the only problem that I've seen with this program is it only RUNS on mIRC. So the host machine has to be using mIRC for it to work, however, once running, you can connect to the channel via any irc protocol and work the commands.

This link brings you to the forums at EdGruberman.com - the first thread has the download as well as all the information needed to run this.
http://www.edgruberman.com/forums/ikonboard.pl?act=SF;f=2

Audhumla
PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 8:15 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

I know this is off-topic, but the name Ed Gruberman rings an extremely large bell. Which TV show/movie is it derived from?

NM, I remember. It's from a song on a Dr. Demento cassette tape I have. The song is Boot To The Head.

Just.... ignore this post.

(dead)-[CfH]-Server Admin but--- because I could not stop for death, He kindly stopped for me
Chips
PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 5:22 pm  Reply with quote

Response is slightly better than Jarrett's first chat room...but hardly what might be expected.

This is a great way to stay in touch...find an admin if one is needed on the server...etc.

Come hang out people... Cool

-[CfH]-Server Admin
Kyubi
PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 5:46 pm  Reply with quote
Forum HW
Forum HW

had a bad experience one time with mirc. dled, couldnt get it to work no matter what i tried i just couldnt get it to work. then i had tons of problems spring up in other areas of my comp so i reformatted my c drive. since that reformat ive tended to stay away from mirc.... maybe i'll give it another shot....

-[CfH]-Server Admin
kibblesnbits
PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 8:48 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

just dling mirc expect to see me there 24/7 unless net fails or other problems occur Confused

www.GuildWarsRealm.net GG site
Psycho_Chick
PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 9:14 pm  Reply with quote
Teh Fuzzy Cuteness
Teh Fuzzy Cuteness

ok i did it.. but noone is on... Mad Laughing
Chips
PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 9:23 pm  Reply with quote

9:20pm...
Aud, Fjorn, TekNix, kibbles, me and someone name [DIE]-insideous...
...who the heck is that... Cool

-[CfH]-Server Admin
kibblesnbits
PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 12:47 am  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

no idea aud says sounds famialir

www.GuildWarsRealm.net GG site
jarrett4
PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 7:16 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Sniper
Forum Sniper

Just to make sure everyone notices, the server the chat room is on now is GameSurge. I just happen to check the room on the old server it used to be on today and noticed |2eflex in there. The server information that is in the chat room post in the Questions forum is wrong. Just making sure everyone ends up in the right place.