Chips' Fun House Forum Index

View next topic
View previous topic
Page 2 of 3
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Chips' Fun House Forum Index  ~  TF2 - Team Fortress 2  ~  TF2 Trailer #2 Leaked
Toughsox
PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 1:11 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

I gotta say this as its becoming clear that TF2 will become a reality in the not so distant future. Im not sure where the thread was, but Mr Chips matter-of-factly said that CfH would NOT be porting over to the newer platform. I do ask you to reconsider this as a clear example of why CfH came to be.
As those new to here and TFC wont know, a lot of the regs here were all staples at a place called KEEGS. As a matter of fact, thats where I met the Chipster. Just one of those homey places where we had a lot of great fun and made a ton of friends.
As history will prove out my theory, Larry, the owner of Keegs, refused to port over from WON to STEAM.....and it took a whole couple of weeks for Keegs to be a sheel of what it used to be.
I applaud Chips for taking the time and resources to build this community, as everyone made it what it is today.
HOWEVER....the old adage that, "Those that ignore history are destined to repeat it" may hold just as true.

When TF2 or FF comes out, there will be a mass exodus to at least check them out. I for one make no bones that I will be trying them both, as I know most of you will as well. But, if either of them take off and a majority of the current TFCers embrace it, I feel that CfH will either have to port over as well (in the early stages) or it will also be a shell of what it currently is.

Just an opinion from an old guy. Shocked Smile

LONG LIVE CfH !!!!! Good Idea Good Idea

Dont mistake my kindness as a sign of weakness!!!!
Offense doesn't win matches.......big friggin' guns do !!! Ole' Painless FTW !!!
-[CfH]-Server Admin
StaR
PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 7:43 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No CfH for the Next Generation!
Come on Chips......

Don't make me start my own Guild....

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 7:59 pm  Reply with quote
Grand High Exalted Mystic Ruler

If we were to have steady enough contributions...we could have an "additional" server to run either TF2 or FF. The problem would be then...which? It may be a matter of which is out first. The both look interesting to me...in different ways.

I'd be against just rolling right into one of these and leaving TFC and all those not currently playing HL2 or any of its mods. Some have older equipment, some lack funds. Point is, not everyone has HL2 and will be playing these.

The only good game, is a fair game...
Why do we park on driveways and drive on parkways! George Carlin - 1937-2008

-[CfH]-Server Admin
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Toughsox
PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 11:51 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

Oh, I understand Chips, and I agree.....both TF2 and FF may be totally different then each other....not to mention the added cost associated.
Great idea looking to incorporate both, something Larry didnt do....he just flat out didnt have time or ambition to port over, and thus was the downfall of Keegs.
Im sure when the time comes, people will step up to the plate....either that or well, unknown consequences. But no, I was not advocating the end of the TFC 1 server......it should live FOREVER !!! Smile

Dont mistake my kindness as a sign of weakness!!!!
Offense doesn't win matches.......big friggin' guns do !!! Ole' Painless FTW !!!
-[CfH]-Server Admin
rage
PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 11:54 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

im a kid and would donate if i could but i dont have a job and i need to save money for a car, kids gotta live ya know

WTF

Nerve-ana wrote:
oh when i woke up i realized i pissed myself lol was walking throught the town with a huge stain on my pants.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Chips
PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 12:47 am  Reply with quote

I started working when I was 12...get a job ya bum. Laughing

-[CfH]-Server Admin
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Demasu
PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 12:59 am  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

Chips, killing dinosaurs for food isn't considered a job..... Laughing

RL the ultimate roleplaying experience
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Audhumla
PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 1:37 am  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

ohsnap

(dead)-[CfH]-Server Admin but--- because I could not stop for death, He kindly stopped for me
rage
PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 2:07 am  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

ok to chips: i do have a job (babysitting) but i am saving my money for more important things in life

to aud: lol i think chips would K.O. dem

WTF

Nerve-ana wrote:
oh when i woke up i realized i pissed myself lol was walking throught the town with a huge stain on my pants.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
G-Baby
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 11:54 am  Reply with quote
Forum Soldier
Forum Soldier

When either Fortress Forever or Team Fortress Two comes out I'll be more than happy to try to help out with any means necessary. We could use the server I'm currently renting. I know I let the ADL team borrow it, but my thought process is to have the server running TFC for the nights the ADL team plays, and the rest of the time it can be on TF2 or FF.

I'm not sure if this is possible or if there would be additional costs to supporting that. If anyone else is more knowlegeable about the operations of changing mods on a server please add your two cents.

Generally I'm more excited for the release of Team Fortress 2, because of the amount of people that will be playing it (Valve is supporting it). So with that being said I'm going to be highly interested in creating a 8v8/9v9 CfH team. The playing level will be a lot better with the influx of new people than how it is currently in TFC leagues.
tiger
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 12:16 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

and g comes from left field with a random post. does sound good though. when are you coming back?

0:00:35 IsLeS PiPeS-[AF] HW NO CONC AIM - said over enemy team_chat about Yur_Mom 35 seconds into the match Very Happy
-[CfH]-Server Admin
Chips
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 4:59 pm  Reply with quote

G-Baby wrote:
my thought process is to have the server running TFC for the nights the ADL team plays, and the rest of the time it can be on TF2 or FF.

I'm not sure if this is possible or if there would be additional costs to supporting that. If anyone else is more knowlegeable about the operations of changing mods on a server please add your two cents.

They are two totally different gaming engines. We're talking about two separate server installations. I don't know how or if game server companies handle such requests...as again, it's essentially two different server installations. You'd still only be running one at a time though. They may simply charge a "little" more for the extra disk space...and HL2 servers are a little bit more bandwidth intensive.

We kind of have the perfect set up here as we're given full access to the machine through a remote desktop connection. We have full control over how the server is set up and run.

I'm sure we can scrape up enough to run a HL2 server to try one of these out when they're available. Good Idea

-[CfH]-Server Admin
[d2f]Iggy*SJB
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 5:21 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Medic
Forum Medic

If I can offer a suggestion....

Once they are both available, Chips, you should do a poll among those in the community. FF will be free, and sadly, TF2 is part of a "set" that is quoted at $50. No one knows for sure if TF2 will be available on it's own or not.
Either way, it would be best to see which game the majority would prefer playing.

sKibbles
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 7:33 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Medic
Forum Medic

Yeah, but the "set" it comes with has 3 games that I would pay 50 dollars for each. lol

[d2f]Iggy*SJB
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 8:20 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Medic
Forum Medic

Must be nice to have throwaway cash like that.