Chips' Fun House Forum Index

View next topic
View previous topic
Page 5 of 5
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Chips' Fun House Forum Index  ~  Our Clubhouse - General Discussion  ~  Bonds, Baseball, and Steroids

Is Barry Bonds a cheater and does he deserve to be in the Hall of Fame?
No
58%
 58%  [ 10 ]
Yes
41%
 41%  [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 17

Bentdog
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 2:07 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Medic
Forum Medic

Straight up endurance enhancing drugs should never be in any sport pro. or amature. the truth be told that theres a high nuber of people using them in pro sports only proves that hes the s**t. If 40% percent of players are using, then it seems like a fair playing field. There is a far less number who are even startin players. So he's still is the bomb, to today's standards.... -however- Smile If he is breaking Hank Aarons record, there is no bearing at all to say i broke someones 30 year old record. Aaron played when the game was real. there was no money to be made, and they only played for the love of the game. Pitchers didnt pitch faster than 90 mph ever. -What im saying is dont s**t on Bonds for doing what ever he can to do the best job he can..... this being say he's no legend. For sure.

Bent dog rambling Smile

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 4:35 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Soldier
Forum Soldier

Mostly directed at HeX: It's not that he is big, or got bigger, it's that he did it at such a late age. That's just not natural.

And what about all of the testimonies from people saying that they helped get him the juice and all? I saw a lot of different people from gyms and stuff admitting that in an article and I believe an ESPN magazine.

But again, with or without those testimonies, he got dramatically bigger when he was in his 40's if i recall correctly... that's outrageous.

Edit: And just for ppl who say roids or other drugs don't taint the record, that is RIDICULOUS because: If some people do them then everyone has to if they want to keep up. And those drugs are DANGEROUS, not to mention illegal.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 11:25 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

I think any American player is at an advantage because they had clean and pure milk to drink growing up, while the players from the Dominican Republic only had milk straight from cows and un-purified.

"Certainly the most unappreciated superstar of my lifetime... Griffey has always been more popular, but Bonds has been a far, far greater player." -Bill James

I'm sure the steroids gave him all those Gold Gloves, all the batting titles, and all the MVPs that he won in the 90s (most all time).

Throughout his career, top 5 player all-time, bar none. If you say otherwise, you're just bias. Look at the stats, OMIT the 2000+ years if you want, he's still top 5.

And about the A-Rod thing...steroids DON'T MAKE YOU BIG...they just make it EASIER to get big. You can take steroids and just strengthen your muscles without gaining mass. Just because A-Rod is lean, doesn't mean he hasn't taken steroids. Not saying he has, just seeing it from all angles.

I feel I can somewhat talk about steroid use, as my dad was a career bodybuilder for about 6-7 years and actually started taking steroids. I've seen the effects first hand.

Barry Bonds hasn't shown ANY signs of steroid use other than bulking up...no acne, no voice change, etc etc...the biggest one to me is acne.

Anyways, it's just too bad that he's guilty by association until proven innocent. The level of hatred would NEVER be so high, except for the fact that Barry Bonds always plays it straight, to the point of being an asshole at times. He's not the most media friendly personality, that has WAAAAY more to do with this than the steroid issue. If Bud Selig has a problem, that's what it is.

Through all the BS, Barry Bonds still comes into any stadium and CONTROLS it. He is a MONSTER, waaaaaaaaaay before the steroid scandal even. The biggest presence in the batter's box since Babe Ruth.
Americanboy3
PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 12:07 am  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

Bonds' accomplishments in the 90s are respected by most people. It wasn't until the 00s that it got all f'ed up. I acknowledge and respect what he did with the Pirates. Everything with the Giants though, absolutely not.

And he is not in the top 5 players all-time, there are people with way better stats (or will have way better stats). Hank Aaron, Babe Ruth, Alex Rodriguez, Ken Griffey Jr, Mickey Mantle, etc.

While steroids, initially do not make you big, they help you gain muscle mass & strengthen the muscles. There is no natural way that Barry Bonds could have gained all that mass/weight at such a late age in life. He may not have shown acne, but that doesn't mean he couldn't have covered it up. Do you know if his testicles have shrunk? No. Do you know if his voice has changed at all? Not really, considering you are not Barry Bonds. Steroids can, however, cause premature baldness, thats funny, cause Bonds is now bald.

Barry Bonds always plays it straight is the most ridiculous statement I have ever heard. He is racist, he is hated by people not only for the steroids scandal, but because he is a bad influence to children and people everywhere. Indicted on perjury charges. Sent his own agent to jail because he wouldn't admit it himself, yes this happened twice. He swears and has used racist comments on live television. He only wants things done his way and nobody elses. He is a class act a**hole. It's not Bud Selig that just has problems. It's America, that has problems with Barry Bonds.

-"A man tells his stories so many times that he becomes the stories. They live on through him, and in that way he becomes immortal." -Big Fish
Louie
PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 12:41 am  Reply with quote
Forum Soldier
Forum Soldier

HeX55 wrote:
I think any American player is at an advantage because they had clean and pure milk to drink growing up, while the players from the Dominican Republic only had milk straight from cows and un-purified.

Haha. Omg. You and Rebs would get along famously.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 6:41 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

well when Bonds gets or if he gets to 3000 hits, he'll be the the 4th person i believe in history to get 3000 hits and 500 HRs. The only guys to do it i think were Eddie Murray, Aaron, and Mays. Bonds needs like 90 more i think. So if he gets that, i'll have to put him top 5 like it or not cause its real hard not too. He'll have 3000 hits, 500+ HRs, and 500+ SBs, those are great #s, but i still think he would had over 500 HRs if it wasnt for this steroid cloud hanging over him. However my top 5 best MLB players of all time, which counts pitchers imo, would have to be Mickey Mantle, Willie Mays, Babe Ruth, Nolan Ryan, Roger Clemens. Now you prolly gonna say, wtf? wheres Aaron. These guys dominated the game at there position and just their presence on the field would change the complexion of the game, make ya think, etc...I just feel that Aaron didnt have that dominance in him. Bonds had it, cause pitchers would walk him alot when he was going crazy hitting all those HRs, and pitchers were just afraid to pitch to him.

--- Pete + Sam + Dean = chevelle = teh greatest ---

-[CfH]-Server Admin
Americanboy3
PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 7:49 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

Pitchers didn't want him to break Babe's record. That's why they walked him.

-"A man tells his stories so many times that he becomes the stories. They live on through him, and in that way he becomes immortal." -Big Fish
Americanboy3
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 8:38 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

Marc Ecko bought Barry Bonds' 756 steroid juiced home run ball. And he has set up a poll for everyone to decide what to do with the ball. Everybody go to:
www.vote756.com and vote for Letter C. Banish that ball, it doesn't deserve anything else but to be thrown off of this planet.

1. Go to www.vote756.com
2. Click "Vote to Banish It"
3. Get all your friends to do the same.

Audhumla
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 8:43 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

hahaha, if he literally shoots it into space, that will be hilarious. voted.

(dead)-[CfH]-Server Admin but--- because I could not stop for death, He kindly stopped for me
rage
PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 1:57 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

are you seriously supporting this?! this is a landmark in baseball wether he took steroids or not give the man some credit you still have to aim swing and run

WTF

Nerve-ana wrote:
oh when i woke up i realized i pissed myself lol was walking throught the town with a huge stain on my pants.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Americanboy3
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 5:35 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

Bonds doesn't deserve anything because he cheated. Hence the ball should be banished as if he never broke the record.

Americanboy3
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 8:50 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

Developing story...

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=3246542
Maybe we can finally get some closure on Baseball's biggest cheater.

Also what do you all think about Clemens? I say he's guilty too. There are too many contradictions to his statements and McNamee seems credible. Put him in a cell with Bonds!

Falcon
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 10:30 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

AB...lol another report just came out a few min ago, apparently the Feds made a typo on their report.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=3246675

Now, the thing w/ clemens, well here's my opinion...

I dont think both guys are telling the truth. I really dont believe any of them or anyone atm, even Andy Pettitte. The thing i dont like is how everyone is trusting Andy Pettitte and taking his word for everything. I kno i heard Pettitte is real honest, religious, etc...and both parties agreed to it, but imo Pettitte isn't really too credible either. The reason i say that is because Pettitte has lied already once and he did cheat the game of baseball by using HGH. He said that he only used HGH one time back in 2002 i think after the Mitchell report had came out and that was it. But then we find out he did it again in 2004.

Whatever happens, no one can really benefit from this. McNamee is wrong no matter what because he's either lying to congress or if he is telling the truth, then he did indeed inject Clemens w/ illegal substances, therefore cheating the game. Clemens reputation is ruined and the only thing he can hope for is if his party can somehow clear his name from all this.

--- Pete + Sam + Dean = chevelle = teh greatest ---

-[CfH]-Server Admin
Americanboy3
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 10:51 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

I heard that Bush is gonna pardon Clemens. Haha either way his legacy is ruined.

And yeah I read that report just now. Either way Bonds has a hearing the 29th, and he's going down sooner or later.

Americanboy3
PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 6:59 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

Update on the Bonds case. According to sources, another exhibit was turned over to the Defense Team stating another failed drug test for Bonds (this time testosterone). Yet another case in which proof is going to overrule the "superstar."

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=3271173