Chips' Fun House Forum Index

View next topic
View previous topic
Page 3 of 5
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Chips' Fun House Forum Index  ~  Our Clubhouse - General Discussion  ~  Bonds, Baseball, and Steroids

Is Barry Bonds a cheater and does he deserve to be in the Hall of Fame?
No
58%
 58%  [ 10 ]
Yes
41%
 41%  [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 17

StaR
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 11:32 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

Americanboy3 wrote:
Get Bonds out of the MLB, get more people to watch because the biggest steroid user ever is gone.

I agree to get Bonds out of the MLB, and take away his acomplishments. His career was boosted by steroids at some point, and now we must trash everything he had, to make the point across to other steroid users, present and future.

However, you must watch out. The "biggest steroid user" may be gone for now, but what will happen if someone uses more? Worse yet, what if it's in the Little Leagues, and no one notices?
Drug companies develope drugs that are faster, stronger, cheaper, and more efficient. Steroid companies are no exception, and they will continue to churn out ever-changing drugs, to augment the users while finding new ways to become undetectable by drug tests.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 2:02 am  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

like or not bonds was/is still one of the best players in MLB history...like i said before he's the only person w/ 500 SBs and 500 HRs...he still woulda hit that mark, guarenteed, even if he didnt take steroids...so ya cant take away his records and accomplishments, but i however would put a asterisk by his stats from the year he was suspected of using steroids which was when he hit 73 HRs in 2001...from then on i'd put that * by those yrs...thats what should be done...and he still should be in the HOF. Even though he prolly cheated and prolly used steroids, ya can't fault his stats and sccomplishments before all this bs started.

I'm not a fan of Bonds and i really dont like him that much, but he still was a great MLB player no matter what.

--- Pete + Sam + Dean = chevelle = teh greatest ---

-[CfH]-Server Admin
Americanboy3
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 9:45 am  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

You can't say he ever would have reached where he is no without steroids. Look at him when he was on the Pirates. He was a nobody. He was just an average joe who was in baseball. Then BOOM steroids and now he's hitting stuff like no other. Take it all away, or take away fans of baseball

-"A man tells his stories so many times that he becomes the stories. They live on through him, and in that way he becomes immortal." -Big Fish
Falcon
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 1:49 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

??? u should do a lil research buddy, cause u obviously dont kno what ur talkin about...bonds had some really good seasons when he was on the Pirates, especially 90-92, go look it up. Like i said before he woulda got the 500 HRs and 500 SBs even if he didnt take steroids, and 500 HRs used to guarentee ya a spot in the HOF, but now ya gotta do a lil more because players today are just built bigger and stronger and baseballs are getting juiced alot more now because fans and people wanna see the longball hit. I personally love it when its a low scoring game because of great pitching, but thats just me.

Like i said 2001 was when i think he started using them because i remember and even my dad told me and it was all over espn too, that when the regular anouncers for the Giants and sports writers first saw Bonds in spring training that year, no one even recognized him because he got so big and bulky...But from when he started in 1986 till say 2000 when he prolly wasnt on steroids, he still compiled great numbers.]

I personally think he should be outta baseball now, but he thinks he's gotta a chance to break the all-time HRs record of 755 and he does have a shot, but if he breaks that record, no one is gonna give him credit and it'll just make matters worse for him cause no one is gonna like be cheering for him. Most the people including Hank Aaron is prolly gonna be sick to their stomaches if he breaks that record because of all his involvement w/ steroids and s**t.

-[CfH]-Server Admin
Americanboy3
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 8:30 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

Even with that, he was not on a for sure, 100% chance to hit 500 hr's. I know what he did on the Pirates, but it wasn't guaranteed. They said Ken Griffey, Jr. was guaranteed to hit 500, look at him in the last 10 years, injuries and slumps. Taking those steroids guaranteed him where he was at, nothing else.

-"A man tells his stories so many times that he becomes the stories. They live on through him, and in that way he becomes immortal." -Big Fish
Falcon
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 11:45 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

umm griffey jr. did break 500 hrs lol, for some reason the #583 came to mind, i g2g look that up now lol

EDIT: Damn i was wrong he's at 563 HRs right now, i did get 2 numbers right though lol Razz

-[CfH]-Server Admin
Americanboy3
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 11:51 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

I meant when he was on the Mariners. I remember that day too, my bro sh*t a brick because he like idolizes Griffey. My bad.

Americanboy3
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 1:32 am  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

Well the day has finally come. Bonds has broken the record, and passed Hank Aaron in the all-time HR list. While you can argue and debate it all you want, I believe this article sums it up the best.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/columns/story?columnist=wojciechowski_gene&id=2963913&sportCat=mlb

FACT: Gene Wojciechowski is the best baseball analyst/journalist in the world.

Other columnists opinions:
http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2950598

Bentdog
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 3:34 am  Reply with quote
Forum Medic
Forum Medic

That many Over Dose attempts gives him the right to the Hall of Fsme......how is he not dead, or so many steriod injections, it nuts he didnt spawnitanious combust...lol.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 8:57 am  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

Even if he didn't use steroids, he is still a jerk. I like how Hank wont congratulate him.

Chips
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 11:38 am  Reply with quote
Grand High Exalted Mystic Ruler
Grand High Exalted Mystic Ruler

Barry who Question

Surprised Confused Shocked

Bad Idea

The only good game, is a fair game...
Why do we park on driveways and drive on parkways! George Carlin - 1937-2008

-[CfH]-Server Admin
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Americanboy3
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 2:28 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

They played the recorded tape of Hank congratulating him. Bud Selig didn't clap when he tied it. He wasn't in attendance last night. And he called him right before the press conference after the game is what I understand.

Falcon
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 4:31 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

well this is a lil good news for me...why i say that, well cause i have like 15 Barry Bonds rookie cards lol. As soon as they go up to where i think it'll be its highest, i'm dumping them all except a couple for a nice profit. People might say, well he's the HR king now and thats the hardest record, well, was the hardest record to break, why sell them!?

I'll tell ya why, because Alex Rodriguez is gonna break that record when its all said and done. He's like 30 yrs old, may be 31, but hes at 500 HRs now, everyone is gonna want him to do it, and its still one of the greatest records, so he's gonna go for it. All he has to do stay on the pace hes on and he'll have 800+ before he even turns 40. Unless A-Rod ever gets hurt, that record is his for the taking and everyone knos it. I'm so happy A-Rod is going the way hes going, mainly because i went out, bought a official mlb, and got his autograph yrs ago when he was playin for Seattle for $50. Best sports investment i ever made, that trumps ur thurman munson ball chips lol Razz

-[CfH]-Server Admin
Audhumla
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 4:58 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

Falcon wrote:
People might say, well he's the HR king now and thats the hardest record, well, was the hardest record to break, why sell them!?

Nobody will ever beat Ripken's consecutive games record.

edit: or his record for grounding into the most double plays Smile

(dead)-[CfH]-Server Admin but--- because I could not stop for death, He kindly stopped for me
Falcon
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 6:36 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

hey Ripken is my favorite baseball player of all time and your right aud, no one will break that record. That seems like the most untouchable record in sports.

-[CfH]-Server Admin