Chips' Fun House Forum Index

View next topic
View previous topic
Page 1 of 2
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Chips' Fun House Forum Index  ~  Questions, Suggestions and Recommendations  ~  Chips, can I get a clarification
Fjorn
PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 2:18 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Sniper
Forum Sniper

All right, This is the scenario... we are playing an adl map... castleargh3

the defending team uses the door shortcut to the field betwee cap 1 and cap 2

They then proceed to build sgs there, set pipe traps on spawn, mirv spawns, etc..

I belive this is wrong, disruptive, and not fun to the attack team at all... this being chip's fun house, it should be fun for everyone, not the person with the sg

Now, a certain other person belive this falls under the "lameness and stupidity of all kinds allowed" clause.

Who is right?

-[CfH]-Server Admin
poisonfrog
PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 4:15 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Soldier
Forum Soldier

poisonfrog raises hand.

i was the certain person, and the one with the spamming of mirvs and such. i have been on the other end of the lameness coment before, and just left it at that and tried to deal with it, and i thought that is the way it was for this server. After being kicked once, i stopped, as i would be lost without you guys and gals, and there is a good chance that i would be banned from all other servers for total ownership, as there is no competition like here. . Twisted Evil

Plus i need to respect the admins, that is a must

Please let me know if i can continue this act of lameness or not and i will respect the decision. now if this lameless is no longer aloud, i would suggest changing the wording of the rules.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Americanboy3
PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 4:42 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

If you are trying to capture point 2. There should be no problem with having sgs, demos and the like up there.

Last edited by Americanboy3 on Fri Aug 18, 2006 4:50 pm; edited 1 time in total

-"A man tells his stories so many times that he becomes the stories. They live on through him, and in that way he becomes immortal." -Big Fish
Dark Applepolisher
PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 4:46 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

I definately support the "lameness and stupidity of all kinds allowed".

Part of the fun and challenge is to be the person on the other team and find an effective way to counter the tactic.

-[CfH]-Server Admin
Chips
PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 5:28 pm  Reply with quote
Grand High Exalted Mystic Ruler

In "most" of the tfc world...building in or near a teams respawn is not allowed...say, on the .id servers for instance. They don't allow entering/building in or near respawns. This however, is not .id.

There's only 1 pack the defenders can use to get nades by cap 2...and it doesn't spawn very quickly. So, there's only so many nades/emps/mirvs that are gonna come your way. I've raraly seen anyone keep an sg up on that map...in any location...for longer than a couple of minutes, even in that location.

Fjorn, I'd say I would only be against that if the teams were horribly stacked toward the defense...but that would make this situation a judgement call and left open for interpretation. Not the decision I'd like to make here.

If your team was trapped in this situation for more than say...two minutes, then your team must have been seriously devoid of talent...something an admin could "suggest" be changed. Other than that, it shouldn't take a team longer than a minute or so to handle that situation.

And just think...you get to do it to them on the turn around. Laughing

The fact of the matter is that I'll never change or modify or quantify the rules as they are on this server. They've been the same since day one. Our rules let the younguns have fun in the later afternoon, let the newcomers to the game make some mistakes without running afoul of the admins and when the big boys are on playing at night...there's more of a "honor" code that's understood...it's not nearly as lame. Very Happy

Feel free to keep the teams even (playerwise), suggest teams are balanced (talentwise) and remind the lamers that "too much" lame is too much.

The only good game, is a fair game...
Why do we park on driveways and drive on parkways! George Carlin - 1937-2008

-[CfH]-Server Admin
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
rage
PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 5:42 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

rage is lame i play in the afternoon and night does that make me a young talentful player?

WTF

Nerve-ana wrote:
oh when i woke up i realized i pissed myself lol was walking throught the town with a huge stain on my pants.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Chips
PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 5:46 pm  Reply with quote

As of late...you are certainly the most talented spammer on the forums. Rolling Eyes

The only good game, is a fair game...
Why do we park on driveways and drive on parkways! George Carlin - 1937-2008

-[CfH]-Server Admin
Fjorn
PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 7:14 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Sniper
Forum Sniper

Uhm, further clarification, the attacking team were trying to get cap 4, so they were spawning on the other side of the bridge...

and the demo/engy were on the other side of the blown bridge

So we would spawn, and there would be an sg/demo/etc behind us

-[CfH]-Server Admin
Chance!
PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 7:17 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

the problem with going around the back to get to the enemy respawn is that it takes time and unless the teams are stacked, the lack of the player being near the cap will often allow the offense the time to cap. when they kill you in respawn, your immediately spawning again and they don't get that pleasure. sure it delays you, but not as much as it does them.

-[CfH]-Server Admin
poisonfrog
PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 7:41 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Soldier
Forum Soldier

i was coming around the back mostly to spawn bots as it was early afternoon, jsut kept getting humans, which was all good to me. nothing was planned out between me and who ever the eng was, who was unsuccessful.

I wouldn't try it at night when things are full for two reasone, well maybe three. I would most likely get killed on my way by any smart defender/attacker. i do beleave in the "code" at night of respect for a back and forth game. and by the time i got around the back the flag would likely be capped.

the admin that was on did the right thing based on what was going on at the time. he is also fun as heck to play with and didn't hold a grudge or anything for my total lameness.

you guys all pwn and i enjoy playing here so much.

now if only my wife would let me play at night, stupid marriage. Mad
poisonfrog
PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 7:42 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Soldier
Forum Soldier

and i blew that bridge so it would be harder to get me and got killed doing it.
Foxtrot
PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 6:33 am  Reply with quote
Forum HW
Forum HW

At no stage should anyone be attack in the spawning area.

Period.
kibblesnbits
PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 3:22 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

Negative on that one. If a sniper is sniping from spawn does that mean I cant kill him? Does he have a free pass to just shoot anyone he wants. no. I'll go in respawn if I'm getting shot from there.

www.GuildWarsRealm.net GG site
Fjorn
PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 3:33 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Sniper
Forum Sniper

yeah, I have no problem killing people who hide in spawn, throwing a gren2 in from time to time, etc

I have a problem with building SGs there, laying pipe traps, camping nade bags then spamming nades, etc, etc, etc

-[CfH]-Server Admin
StaR
PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 8:17 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

directly outside of the spawns, I think that's lame, and I'd tollerate it, as long as it's to a cerain extent (1 SG)
Directly inside of spawns, that's "I'm gonna kick you in the face" pathetic.

Personally, I think those are Serious Exploits, and if they refuse to stop, they deserve some "punishment"...